Quantcast Which annoys you more?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What annoys you more?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Selfie-stick

15 36.59%
  • IPad

18 43.90%
  • Neither

8 19.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which annoys you more?

So, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this recently, however, this last trip (January) we were astonished by the influx of...."selfie-sticks"!!!

I do not know what annoys me more now, almost getting close lined by people stretching out their selfie-sticks....or blocking my view by the gigantic iPad in my face. As short people, I have a hard enough time seeing as it, nevermind behind someone a) taller than me and b) holding up their iPad....

So, I have to ask...what annoys you more?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Both. If you're blocking the view it's not good.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Both should be banned from any public place. Along with iPad, you should include all form of tablet computer. (Yes, I know iPad is becoming almost as ingrained in our vocabulary for tablet computer as Kleenex has become for facial tissue.)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Neither one bothers me. However, I do think those using them need to be more aware of their surroundings and not infringe on others.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

The Smithsonian banned selfie sticks. "This is a preventive measure to protect visitors and objects, especially during crowded conditions," it said in a statement.

If these items become a safety issue, I assume they will be "taken care of". All it will take is someone injuring a child and the ensuing lawsuit will make this go away.

I don't care if you use one or the other as long as you don't interfere with my vacation. If you want to trip over the curb while your filming on your tablet - that's your business.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

No option for both? I honestly can't say one annoys me more than the other. They're both equally annoying.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

I originally had "Both" listed instead of "Neither" and had already chosen three options on the poll and realized afterwards I should have had four but I didn't want to hit the back button to correct it and then lose everything I had already typed lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Both should be banned from any public place. Along with iPad, you should include all form of tablet computer. (Yes, I know iPad is becoming almost as ingrained in our vocabulary for tablet computer as Kleenex has become for facial tissue.)
    I wonder if an admin is able to correct that option to say IPad/Tablet? When I made the poll, I honestly had a brain fart and couldn't remember what the word was besides IPad...lol
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably in a great minority, and maybe it's because I've been to WDW more than once, but am I the only one that doesn't take pictures or videos? I appreciate that it may also be my age (58, not as tech savvy as the younger generation) but I want to see things with my own eyes, not through a camera lens or on a tablet of any kind.

I am hoping to go again in December with my family and my first grand child, and admittedly will probably be taking pics then, it will be new again with my granddaughter!

But I agree, people really should be more considerate of the people around them who are also trying to enjoy the show!
    ºOº Dianne ºOº

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

I am more annoyed by the Glow with the Show ears in a setting such as Fantasmic, where the person sitting directly in front of me ruined my view of the show. I get that they are "cool" and all that and at the fireworks show where everyone is looking up into the air, they are not so much of a problem, but Disney should not allow them (or turn them off) in arena/theatre settings. I guess what was most annoying is that while the light-up-ears pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the show, the person wearing them couldn't even see them while they ruined my view.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I am more annoyed by the Glow with the Show ears in a setting such as Fantasmic, where the person sitting directly in front of me ruined my view of the show. I get that they are "cool" and all that and at the fireworks show where everyone is looking up into the air, they are so much of a problem, but Disney should not allow them (or turn them off) in arena/theatre settings. I guess what was most annoying is that while the light-up-ears pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the show, the person wearing them couldn't even see them while they ruined my view.

Oh. I totally agree with this!

manutd1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Glad we don't live in North Korea!! lol

manutd1 Guest

I guess I don't notice either...

Post Thanks / Like

The Selfie sticks are the worst. My last trip while watching wishes I kept having multiple people directly in front of me stick a 3 foot pole with a camera in the air directly blocking my and my 4 year olds view of the castle. I moved to the side and boom another stick goes up.

Since these rude guests came after the show started... Squeezed their way in and then Proceeded to ruin my view I did the next best thing. Squeezed my way in front of them then being 6'4''' put my daughter on my shoulders and watched the rest of the show with a camera now waving in the air BEHIND me.
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

They need a new rule on dark rides along with the flash photography one-- no screens. But also, I wish iPads and Selfie sticks (equally annoying) would go away in the parks. I don't take lots of pictures. I prefer to be present in the moment than trying to relive what I missed when taking video/pictures later. And I don't mind people taking pictures (if they are polite about it), but do we really have to record every second now?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I voted iPad, but then again until I saw this post I thought selfie sticks were a joke. I guess I will see them for myself next week.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I voted iPad, but then again until I saw this post I thought selfie sticks were a joke. I guess I will see them for myself next week.
    LOL!! Nope, unfortunately the "selfie stick" is a thing....I wish I could post a picture of it....beware, if there are as many as when we were in January you may get clothes-lined in the neck by one if you aren't careful...

And when someone finds someone that uses one of these things and is "courtesy" to the people around them, give them a medal, cause I have yet to find someone that is paying attention to the people around them or even care enough to look out for people around them.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

The IPADS...only because there are more of them.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I said selfie stick only because I got whacked in the face by one when the girl using it when she turned without seeing who was around her. Looked great with the bruise across my cheek clashing with my already beautiful freckles.

I've never been beaned by an ipad/tablet, but have been known to walk in front of a user on purpose.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the first to admit on here that the last trip I took, I used a selfie stick. I had seen a pretty cool video that a guy made on his trip to WDW that had some great footage with angles I couldn't figure out how he got (ground level of the monorail as it approached, for example). Well, he used a selfie stick and a GoPro.

I took it with me, but I pride myself on being aware of my surroundings and trying not to annoy others. So, my own rule of thumb was that the camera would never go above the level of my own head. I then used it to film a number of rides and other things around the parks. Worked out great.

That's what bothers me about iPads. I love mine. First off, I don't want to carry it around with me in the parks....too big. But to use its camera and hold it up to film something? Beyond annoying.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: