Quantcast Ticket Price increase

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket Price increase

I just read a news article saying Disney will raise ticket prices in February and will be doing away with the non-expiring ticket option. Keep in mind this story is credited to the blogosphere and not from Disney. Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been seeing the same rumblings. I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase next Sunday.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wonder what this will mean for the non-expiring ticket that I have been holding onto. It still has 5 days on it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    I have to wonder what this will mean for the non-expiring ticket that I have been holding onto. It still has 5 days on it.
    I could be wrong but I suspect they will continue to honor existing non-expiring tickets even if they no longer offer this option.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I just bought my DVC AP.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me very happy that I decided to get APs since we just got back a few weeks ago and are going again in June.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

The non-expiring ticket isn't as good of a deal as it used to be anyway. They've raised the price of the "option" so much that it practically eliminates significant savings even a few years down the road.

What we'll probably do from now on is buy fewer days than we think we're going to be in the parks, and then add days onto the ticket while there as needed. That way we'll still get the benefit of a ticket purchased before the increase, but we won't have to worry about possibly buying more days than we'll use.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also heard that the benefits such as discounts for AP's will be less. Like going down to 15% for mini golf and stuff.
    "That is just poor show" -Cruella DeVil

Post Thanks / Like

I've also read that the Water Parks and More option will be combined with Park Hopper. I read that this will be done to help justify the increase. I'm now trying to figure out if I should buy my tickets now or wait and see if it'll be a better deal with those two combined, since we always buy both options.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

So consumer prices are falling, oil is falling, middle class wages are stagnant yet ticket prices are rising? This should be some really good creative writing on the Disney PR's teams part.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as PR/marketing, they seem to be doing a great job with special events and groups outside of the US. Because of this, there really isn't a slow season anymore. As far as my previous statement, I think I figured out the reason for the combination Park Hopper and Water Parks option. Unfortunately, it hurts those trying to stretch our budgets. With the old system, if you stayed in Orlando for 10 days, you could purchase a 5 day MYW park hopper/water park ticket and be able to do Disney 10 days for the price of 5 plus add ons. We would spend 5 days at the main parks and 5 days at the water parks or Disney Quest. With the new system, we'll be forced to buy a a 10 day park hopper, which will include the water parks, but I fear will be much more expensive than our previous option. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

It is simple. Repeat guests are of no concern to WDW. They have forsaken the repeat guest for the once-in-a-lifetime customers who vastly outnumber repeat guests.

The powers that be coukd care less if you come back year after year. In fact, they want you to stay away.....as long as long as that new customer who doesnt notice the falling value and rising cost still comes, you dont matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    As far as my previous statement, I think I figured out the reason for the combination Park Hopper and Water Parks option. Unfortunately, it hurts those trying to stretch our budgets. With the old system, if you stayed in Orlando for 10 days, you could purchase a 5 day MYW park hopper/water park ticket and be able to do Disney 10 days for the price of 5 plus add ons. We would spend 5 days at the main parks and 5 days at the water parks or Disney Quest. With the new system, we'll be forced to buy a a 10 day park hopper, which will include the water parks, but I fear will be much more expensive than our previous option. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
    I'm not so sure you would need to buy a ten day ticket. Of course I don't have a crystal ball but my guess would be that the 5 day with the PH/WPM would still be good for 14 days from first use and allow 5 park visits with PH and 5 WPM visits. Just the pricing structure will change which may meaning they're increasing the PH and bundling it with WPM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're right. What I read was that it would be done so that you could hop to the water parks or DQ. Honestly, when we've spent most of the day at the water park, we are tired and have no desire to go to another park that evening.

Post Thanks / Like

So if you don't like the water parks or if it is too cold to visit them, you are stuck paying for it anyway if you want to park hop? Boo.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

The old ticket system (prior 2006) included a plus option and you were able to use those as separate days. For instance, if you had a 5 day hopper another 2 plus option days were included, for a total of 7 days with 14 days to use them all. These plus options increased with your length of stay. It was cheaper that way for my family and we were able to stay longer, use all the parks and never used a car to drive away..

With the current ticketing system we are skipping the water parks and DQ add on and leaving the area to do other things. The result is I'm taking my money off property for those 2 days.

Now, if they bring it back as something I have to use on a park day and "hop over" to a water park.. that would be disappointing. That makes the day too busy and I'd likely still skip it.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the good old days when all tickets were non-expiring park hoppers, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE.
    I still have 2 non-expiring commemorative pre-opening gold DHS tickets that we bought one year before DHS opened.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I think one reason for this change is that Disney Quest will no longer be open with all the changes to Downtown Disney Springs.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

If they follow suit, I think they usually dump the news on the blog the Friday before that weekend price increase.

We should know tomorrow if that's the case..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleby View Post
    I have also heard that the benefits such as discounts for AP's will be less. Like going down to 15% for mini golf and stuff.
    That change was effective for 2015. Boat , bike and surrey bike rentals have also gone down to 15%.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: