Quantcast DD applying Disney College Program

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Talking DD applying Disney College Program

This promises to be an exciting year! My DD is finishing her Junior year in college in engineering and has decided to add one semester of college on and one semester in the DCP! She is going to apply for Fall 2015. She has always wanted to be at Disney for the Halloween festivities and it has never worked in our schedule, so she is choosing the Fall semester. That way if she does not get into the program she can re apply for Spring 2016.

Asking for Pixie Dust for her! I'll update you on her progress! I guess the applications will go on line some time late this Jan or early Feb. She is reading up on the process right now through blogs. She will be starting her own blog as well.

Happy New Year to All!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust for her. My son did the DCP and had the best experience. If you have questions we will be happy to try and answer them.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending pixie dust her way! I did the CP myself (6 times, to be exact), and they were the best experiences of my life
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pixie dust. She is really excited! How competitive is the application process? She stated that a resume is not required but optional, would you recommend she submit one anyway? She has had two summer jobs of life guarding as well as an internship in her area of study at college in prosthetics, lots of volunteering and a former competitive swimmer. I have no idea what they are looking for in their CP applicants other than a friendly outgoing personality. Any suggestions would be welcome as she begins this process!

Thanks!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember they have a phone interview so being very confident is important.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty competitive. There are people who don't make it past the online application part unfortunately (which is the first step)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome!
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - that's awesome! After so much planning she's rewarded with a great location to work. I am so happy for her!!!!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joanna and KylesMom!

Well, DD officially completed and passed the Ellis training and exam. So she is officially a lifeguard! She also found out she will be guarding at both the Grand Floridian and Polynesian! So she is super happy about her locations. She started her training yesterday and will be working on earning her ears through next week. She had to go to two locations to find some suits that were small enough for her. LOL

My trip is set for the end of the month and she was able to secure us 50% off at AKL for four of our 5 nights. I am taking my niece on her first trip to WDW. Her mother agreed to let her miss school to do this trip with me! So I am super excited to get to take my niece, visit my DD and stay at our very first Deluxe! Our last night will be at CBR which is also a new resort for me so I am super excited!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to her!

And you'll love AKL- I stayed there after one of my CPs and it is such a beautiful resort
    Cruises:

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter had her phone interview yesterday, so now the waiting begins...question...any perks for the families of the CP kids? Any breaks on tickets and such?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

12. Likes forever a child liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I will be in WDW a week from today to spend the week with my DD as she approaches the end of her DCP program. She has really had a great time. She attended "Graduation" last week and this week was the CP Winter Formal at Coronado Springs. She has not had a problem getting days off when she needs them. Her boyfriend visited her over Thanksgiving week and they had a great time together. It was his first visit for the most part so she had to introduce him to her "home away from home."

I am looking forward to all new dining experiences and two new deluxe resorts to visit. We are also really excited that she was granted early release from work by her manager so that she can spend two weeks at home before returning to college. So she is not sure if she will get to return on 12/24 or 12/27 yet but we are really excited to have a little time together. She has one more professional meet & greet this week with another imagineer who is working on the Frozen ride in Epcot, so she is excited about that opportunity.

I feel this has been a wonderful experience for her. She is graduating at the end of 2016 and will be reapplying for the Professional Internship with Disney. I am not sure where this experience will lead her but it has given her something to strive for. Thanks for taking this journey with us.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for keeping us updated! It's been a lot of fun reading about it. I hope you are enjoying your time with her before she returns back to school.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2017 Update

It was not that long ago I was sending my DD off to college. She graduated this January with her degree in Biomedical Engineering. She began applying to WDW Professional Internships and other internships and full time positions.

She was being NLIC'd (No Longer in Consideration) for many of the WDW PI Internships. She got a little desperate and applied to the Disney College Program for a second term. If you are not familiar, you need to have been in school within the last 6 months to apply for either the DCP or the PI programs with WDW. So this was her last chance to do either unless she went back to school to take a class, which she really didn't want to do any time too soon.

She was offered a couple of positions with local companies which were really not that interesting to her and not really in her speciality area. She was also offered a second opportunity with WDW in the DCP program in her first choice, attractions. For some reason she had selected the extended program which would have been from like June through December. She turned it down. It was hard but she really wanted a PI with WDW. In March she finally was offered a contract position with a local company in her focus area, which will more than likely turn into a FT salaried position by the end of summer. She began working there in April and loves it.

So....she had pretty much given up the idea that a PI position was in her future this year. But, she finally got an email from HR for a screening interview. It was a non-technical screening interview where selected candidates are then handed to the hiring managers for each department. Still, she did not think it would amount to anything since they are so competitive. Then over two weeks ago, she got the offer for a phone interview! She said they asked to speak with her a little longer than was scheduled and she felt like it went well. But these are so competitive that you just never know. The position she was interviewing for only had one opening. I am not going to mention the position but it is in the engineering technology area.

Now she finds out that she is being offered the position! Excitement! Yes! Decisions...yes! Some very hard decisions for her to make. She loves where she is at and I think she is also very interested in the position at WDW. I am glad she has options but I know what ever she decides will be hard because she loves both companies and both opportunities.

On a side note, we are attending our first D23 Expo in July and visiting DL for the very first time!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL