Quantcast Do I need to be up at midnight to get FPs?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I need to be up at midnight to get FPs?

I'm sorry if this has been covered. I've tried using the search tool, but it won't let you search for "FP". It says that the search term is too short. And no one types "fast passes" anymore....

What time does the system start letting you book fast passes? At midnight? 6am? Just curious. I have to start getting FPs tomorrow for our group of 11 who will be showing up on Jan. 3rd.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can begin booking fastpass plus reservations at midnight eastern time.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If time is important for the more popular rides, then I'd look into it.

If you can make them for all 11 people (they are linked to your MDE account) then it will be much easier and probably waiting a few hours will be OK. If you are hoping to get all people across multiple unlinked MDE accounts a FP at the same time, then I'd do midnight.

Rides that could be a problem, Mine Train, Soarin, Test Track, Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked the same question and most people said to go online at midnight. I did and was very glad I did. I got most of what I wanted, but there were already things gone just a short time after midnight.

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

Post Thanks / Like

I made all of mine around 8 a.m. Central time. I managed to get Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania, Soarin, Test Track and Peter Pan. All before 5 p.m. on the days I booked them. Plus we're going during a busy week. (Dec. 26th-31st) I tried all week for Mine Train and had no luck until today. I guess someone cancelled their FP for 11:45 a.m. on the 31st and I was able to snag it. So if you don't get what you want at first keep trying back. Sometimes people have to cancel because of conflicting Lunch/Dinner reservations.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

So, we waited until midnight, and then I tried to make FPs for rides in the Magic Kingdom. On my laptop, I had no luck. As soon as midnight hit, the MDE site started having errors and couldn't process anything. So, I picked up my iPad, logged on, and got the FPs I wanted for Jan 3rd, no problem. Splash Mountain (the last Saturday before it goes down for refurb), Big Thunder Mountain, and the Mine Cart ride, back to back to back for 11 people.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    So, we waited until midnight, and then I tried to make FPs for rides in the Magic Kingdom. On my laptop, I had no luck. As soon as midnight hit, the MDE site started having errors and couldn't process anything. So, I picked up my iPad, logged on, and got the FPs I wanted for Jan 3rd, no problem. Splash Mountain (the last Saturday before it goes down for refurb), Big Thunder Mountain, and the Mine Cart ride, back to back to back for 11 people.
    Glad you got what you wanted especially with such a large group. I very seldom make any FP reservations more than 30 days out and usually make them pretty close to my actual date in the parks. Usually the hardest things to get are Anna and Elsa, the Mine Train and strangely (to me at least) the priority areas for fireworks/shows/parades.

Unless it has been extremely busy I've been able to get most everything else as late as the day before or even the morning of.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally recommend it depending on the park... For example, I got all the times that I wanted for Animal Kingdom the morning after they had morning times left, but I couldn't get Mine Train until night time the morning after.
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: