Quantcast TikiFamily Pre-Trip Report: December 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default TikiFamily Pre-Trip Report: December 2014

TikiFamily Pre-trip Report

Due to a minor pay upgrade at work and a very giving husband, the Tiki Family is headed back to Orlando!

I say Orlando because for the first time ever, we’re headed to Universal. My daughters and I are huge Harry Potter fans. And we like to ride big roller coasters. And they’re now old enough, brave enough, and tall enough to go on big roller coasters. We were planning on spending 2 nights and 3 days at Universal next summer (think hot, crowded July) but the opportunity to go mid-December came up, and it only made sense to squeeze our Universal visit in then.

So it’s just me and my daughters (ages 10 and 11) – hubby is opting to stay home for various reasons including the fact that he can’t get two days off work at that time of year. We just told the girls about the trip – 19 days out. It was not a fancy surprise, just a casual “So, I’m going to Orlando in December. Wanna come with me?” It was very rewarding though, because they had NO idea even though I’ve been talking about Universal and Disney during the holidays for the last two months.

Here’s the plan!

Thursday: early flight, arrive at MCO 9:40am. Get rental car, drive to Universal, check in at Royal Pacific Resort for one night. Head to Islands of Adventure until 7pm.

Friday: get up for early admission to Universal Studios – Diagon Alley and Gringotts! Stay at Universal until we’re done, then drive over to Pop Century and check in.

Saturday: We’ll be attempting 3 parks on this day. Thankfully we have a rental car and that should help cut down on travel time.

Morning in Animal Kingdom
    Afternoon at Epcot (FP+ for Test Track, SSE, and M:S)
    Evening at Studios (we want to see Osborne Lights and possibly meet Baymax and Hiro)

Sunday: Magic Kingdom visit until 4pm. Flight out of MCO at 7:00pm, home by 9:45.
    Park opens at 8am and we’ll be there! Scored a FP+ reservation for Mine Train at 9:20 and a FP+ for lunch at Be Our Guest.

It’ll be a fast and crazy trip! I’m really looking forward to seeing Universal, especially the Harry Potter areas. And being able to see the Disney Christmas decorations will put us all in the holiday mood. I love being able to share all this with my daughters.

I will not be posting about this trip (or posting photos) on my Facebook page. I’d rather keep this trip low-key, so if you have comments etc. leave them here. I’ll be posting a trip report when we come back!

Thanks for reading!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds like a fun whirlwind! I did almost the same trip last month and had a blast. Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade were amazing and I am already itching to go back. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Have fun!!!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You'll certainly keep on moving for that trip!! We were just at Universal earlier this month. The Harry Potter areas are very well done. Enjoy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to LOVE Royal Pacific! One of my top hotels. Have a great time!

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful that you and the girls can take such a special trip, Kathy! Yes it sounds crazy - but I know you will have a BLAST!

So looking forward to reading about all of your adventures upon return, HP included. Enjoy!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Reporting in, mid-trip!

The first part of our trip went well. I was surprised at how much we enjoyed Universal. They are beautiful parks and have some spectacular rides in them! At IOA We enjoyed Hulk (rode 3 times), Seuss Landing, Hogsmeade, and the Jurassic River Adventure. At US Diagon Alley was the star of the show. What detail!! I thought Gringotts was so much better than Forbidden Journey. FJ was too much -- too much movement, too many scenes, too little subtlety.

We moved over to Pop Century last night around 5:30. So happy to be here in the 'homeland'. Today is our three park day - AK, Epcot, and Studios. Hoping to get in a little break somewhere, possibly lunch or dinner at Pop.

Full trip report coming next week!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW