Quantcast Christmas Parade Taping Changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Parade Taping Changes

So, for the past forever, WDW has taped the Christmas morning parade on the first weekend of December, usually Friday through Sunday. It was just announced, however, that this year the taping at the Magic Kingdom will be December 8-9 (Monday and Tuesday). It will be a Frozen themed Christmas parade (wow. We're all totally shocked by that because Frozen hasn't been WAY overblown the last few months - and this from a guy who liked the movie). Guests in the park will be able to participate in the parade taping, just keep in mind that involves a LOT of standing around and waiting as they set up, run a float, back it up, reset, run again, etc.

Also new Holiday entertainment for Epcot this year beginning November 28. Here's what the Official Disney Blog had to say:
    "In Mexico, guests will enjoy the songs and traditions of “Fiesta de Navidad,” featuring colorful dancers and mariachis, who celebrate the holiday customs of Mexico in an interactive, musical performance. A Moroccan storyteller invites guests to join her on a journey to experience the gaiety of festivals, holiday traditions, and celebrations that are like the “spice of life” across Morocco. And the China pavilion bursts to life with the vibrant Chinese Lion Dance, bringing good fortune and happiness to all in honor of major holidays such as the Lunar New Year and Lantern Festival."
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris, do you know how much of the parade will actually focus on Frozen? When I saw the name change I was pretty surprised. I know I probably shouldn't have been.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Mainstreet Bypass available? I currently have reservations at 12:45 on December 9th at the Liberty Tree Inn. I do not want to try to get over there and not be able to get back out. I am taking my 90 year old Father. He will be riding a scooter. He gets nervous in large crowds. I'm a little concerned about him trying to negotiate MK During a Christmas Parade taping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Chris, do you know how much of the parade will actually focus on Frozen?
    Not all of it, but there will be a good bit of Frozen focus throughout, especially in what actually airs on Christmas Day.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCJohn View Post
    Is the Mainstreet Bypass available?
    I tried to call a couple of my CM friends to find out but couldn't get a definitive answer on that. I'll keep trying. They said they thought "no." Apparently since it's being filmed on weekdays instead of weekends Disney didn't think it would be necessary, but that was not a 100% confirmed answer.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I really hate Disney.
    I worked so hard to schedule around the taping and now I find ourselves right in the middle of it. We have ADRs for noon at the Plaza Restaurant, FP+s all over the place and dinner over at Ohana and then back to see the fireworks. Bet we don't get to do them all. Again
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy! Our first 2 days at WDW. . Been there, done the parade taping. Don't want to get involved in that this year.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Who is hosting this year?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That really stinks for all of you affected by the change in taping dates, especially in this age of FastPass+ and scheduling
    The last time we were there in December was 2007 and I remember we purposefully avoided MK on taping day.

Baldburke- I tried searching online for the hosts and found this on Wikipedia (which we know isn't always reliable, so take it for what it's worth).

2014 Hosts Nick Cannon and Brooke Burke-Charvet at Disneyland and Neil Patrick Harris and Lisa Canning, at Walt Disney World. Airs on ABC. Entertainment Caleb Johnson (more TBA)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, what? I have a friend who's daughter is in the pre-parade show and the parade itself, and they were told the taping is Saturday, plus some show on Friday. They booked their room/meals/FP's/airefare already. When was this change announced?

They only booked 5 days... Wed-Sun.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

For you Off Kilter fans (I could take or leave them), it is being reported by a few sources that members of Off Kilter will be performing as part of the group Canadian Holiday Voyaguers. It is only for Christmas, as the lumberjacks (which I also don't like) have a year long contract.

Chris, can you verify with your contacts?
    Christine şoş

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I Googled the parade taping dates, and other outlets are reporting the same Mon-Tues dates. I just left a VM for my friend about it. He's going to freak when he finds this out!
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    When was this change announced?
    It was announced at the end of last week. I think I posted it about 10 min after I was allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Chris, can you verify with your contacts?
    Christine, none of the folks I talked to could confirm that, though they said they would love to see the Off-Kilter guys around, even short-term (the lumberjack show hasn't gone over well with anyone). I don't know the manager of that section of WS. I'm good friends with the managers of the other sections, but never met the one who oversees those countries. I'll keep trying to find out.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I got to talk to my friend. He's trying to move flights and room ressies around now. Also looking at adding a day to his hoppers. This totally messes up their dining and FP plans, along with touring and CP plans as well.

His daughter's dance studio is still saying on their website that all taping is from the 5-6th. I told him to contact them immediately and get it straightened out, or a lot of little girls may be very disappointed!
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I truly feel awful for all of those who have made plans based upon what Disney previously scheduled, only to have it conflict one way or the other with their pre-holiday vacations. Not certain why they would wait until a few weeks before the event to make an announcement about changing the schedule. Bad form, Disney!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I had to call the Tour department yesterday as my brother-in-law has a reservation for the Train Tour on Monday the 8th. Yes, the filming will be on Mon. the 8th and Tues. the 9th and they will still be doing the Train Tour. I've been there quite a few times during the taping and have always avoided MK on those days, looks like this time we will be having a different experience. I'll try to remember to write a report on our experience when I get home. I'm sort of famous for foreseeing a problem where there isn't one, keeping my fingers crossed that this will be one of those.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TheDuckRocks;2440334]Sometimes I really hate Disney.
    I worked so hard to schedule around the taping and now I find ourselves right in the middle of it.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't look back..just run!! The parade taping is the worst! It said "guests in the park will be able to participate"...SOOOOOO NOT TRUE!!! I LOVE Disney, but this is the one thing I will never, ever, allow myself to be apart of EVER again. I would rather sit through 10 lumberjack shows in EPCOT before being involved in the parade taping!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bdm@pga;2440772]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't look back..just run!! The parade taping is the worst! It said "guests in the park will be able to participate"...SOOOOOO NOT TRUE!!! I LOVE Disney, but this is the one thing I will never, ever, allow myself to be apart of EVER again. I would rather sit through 10 lumberjack shows in EPCOT before being involved in the parade taping!
    The one thing my brother-in-law is most looking forward to on the whole trip is the Train Tour. He will be doing that alone and it starts at 7:15 am and runs about 3 hours. The rest of us will meet him after the tour, ride the Christmas Jungle Cruise, have lunch at the Plaza Restaurant, ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and then get out of there. We do have FP+s and an ADR. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can avoid much of the parade mess.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=bdm@pga;2440772RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't look back..just run!! The parade taping is the worst! [/QUOTE]

My son and daughter-in-law were both entertainment CMs at WDW and for several years were involved in the Parade as performers. They detested it so much that in 2012 they scheduled their wedding for the Saturday of the taping - just so they could legitimately avoid having to do it again.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I love the parade taping. This will be my 5th year attending
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

This works out perfect for me. I am going up the 6th and I didn't want to be in the park for any of it... Sorry to all the people going and now have to change their plans...I wouldn't be happy about that at all...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: