Quantcast Rules for getting extra Tier 1 FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rules for getting extra Tier 1 FP+

Did a search, and didn't see this specific question addressed, so apologies if it's been discussed.

If you only select 1 advance Tier 1 FP+ (eg Test Track), and no Tier 2s, can you then take your Extra FP+ (for Soarin') after you've used the 1st one? Or do you have to select and use or bypass the 2 Tier 2s as well, before you're eligible for the Extra FP+?

Thanks
    '76: Contemporary, 16 yr old w/parents
    '96: offsite, WDW's 25th B'day
    '01: offsite, Walt's 100th
    '14: SSR
    '16: Royal Pacific (Universal)
    '17: BWV (Food & Wine)
    '18: BW Inn (Engagement Party)
    '19: BWV(Food & Wine)
    '21: SSR (1st time as Grandparents)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to select all three and they must all be used/expired before you can get the fourth.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

So then the plan would be to take 2 early Tier 2s, even if you don't intend to use them, just so you're eligible for the 4th one? Seems wasteful if you end up blocking somebody else from one of those Tier 2 slots.
    '76: Contemporary, 16 yr old w/parents
    '96: offsite, WDW's 25th B'day
    '01: offsite, Walt's 100th
    '14: SSR
    '16: Royal Pacific (Universal)
    '17: BWV (Food & Wine)
    '18: BW Inn (Engagement Party)
    '19: BWV(Food & Wine)
    '21: SSR (1st time as Grandparents)

Post Thanks / Like

No you have to actually use those 2 tier 2's before you can get the 4th fastpass. Even if the selection expires you'll just have to select another tier 2 before you're allowed to try for another tier one. Once you have actually used all 3 of your original FP allotment (used, not selected and allowed to expire) then you can go back for #4 and the tiers at that point don't matter.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have said it before but i'll say it again. I don't like this at all.

I don't want my trip so planned. it really hurts on the park hopper idea.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    No you have to actually use those 2 tier 2's before you can get the 4th fastpass. Even if the selection expires you'll just have to select another tier 2 before you're allowed to try for another tier one. Once you have actually used all 3 of your original FP allotment (used, not selected and allowed to expire) then you can go back for #4 and the tiers at that point don't matter.
    Thanks for the update Chris, is this a recent change? The Disney Parks Blog release had it list as used or expired as did the Mom's Panel in July.
    Once you’ve used your first three FastPass+ experiences (or the arrival windows for your selections have passed) you can select a fourth from any available FastPass+ experience.
    I can assure you from experience that you will be able to secure a fourth FastPass+ selection once you have used the first 3, or the time has passed for each of your FastPass+ selections.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Thanks for the update Chris, is this a recent change? The Disney Parks Blog release had it list as used or expired as did the Mom's Panel in July.
    It was used or expired for me in August.

Post Thanks / Like

It was used or expired for me last month.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

And used or expired two weeks ago.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

How about this...

Make your Tier 1 FP+ for the earliest time available. Make your Tier 2 FP+ after that.

Then, when you get to the park, ride the Tier 1 ride early on in the time frame. After that, see if you can move up your Tier 2 ride time. Either ride it (early on in the time frame), or let the pass expire. Then reschedule your second Tier 2 ride to the earliest time available. That way you can start booking extra (i.e. Tier 1) FP+ earlier.

Make sense?
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    It may have been a CM miscommunication (which, we know, happens often). When I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to get the 4th FP after my other had expired (but not been used because lunch ran long) I was told we had to select another tier 2 and use it before we could select a tier 1.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It may have been a CM miscommunication (which, we know, happens often). When I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to get the 4th FP after my other had expired (but not been used because lunch ran long) I was told we had to select another tier 2 and use it before we could select a tier 1.
    Thinking you might be right about CM miscommunication because that's not the way it worked for us two weeks ago. We twice had unused expired tier 2 FPs and no problems with a new tier 1.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. When we were there a month ago, the CM told us that we should choose two shows for Tier 2 FPs, because they only have 20 minute windows, and thus expire quicker, allowing us to select the 4th FP much sooner.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I am really glad I read this! Changed my itinerary big time!
    Caribbean beach...were jammin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    How about this...

Make your Tier 1 FP+ for the earliest time available. Make your Tier 2 FP+ after that.

Then, when you get to the park, ride the Tier 1 ride early on in the time frame. After that, see if you can move up your Tier 2 ride time. Either ride it (early on in the time frame), or let the pass expire. Then reschedule your second Tier 2 ride to the earliest time available. That way you can start booking extra (i.e. Tier 1) FP+ earlier.

Make sense?
    Kathy
    We were able to do this last week and moved up several fast pass times to get earlier 4th fast passes. The biggest frustration is that you have to be in the park to book the 4th fast pass there. For example, you can't be in MK and book a 4th fast pass for Studios later in the day. We wanted to book our 4th fast pass for the evening/night, but if we weren't going to that park that night, we couldn't do it. This was very limiting. Also, you can only change fast passes that day on the app or at the kiosks/cast members with ipads; you can only change future fast passes on a regular computer from the My Disney Experience site. We still had a great trip, but now we're learning how to navigate with these new limitations.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdventurerKim View Post
    We were able to do this last week and moved up several fast pass times to get earlier 4th fast passes. The biggest frustration is that you have to be in the park to book the 4th fast pass there. For example, you can't be in MK and book a 4th fast pass for Studios later in the day. We wanted to book our 4th fast pass for the evening/night, but if we weren't going to that park that night, we couldn't do it. This was very limiting. Also, you can only change fast passes that day on the app or at the kiosks/cast members with ipads; you can only change future fast passes on a regular computer from the My Disney Experience site. We still had a great trip, but now we're learning how to navigate with these new limitations.
    You can change same-day fast passes from the MDE app or MDE mobile site (or full site) on your phone. You don't have to go to a kiosk to change a FP choice.

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't like here is it promotes tying up a Tier 2 FastPass (that one may not intend to use) in an effort to secure a 4th FastPass, mainly another Tier 1.

This methodology will actually add to wait times if people are reserving FastPasses they have no intention of using, while harming those that wish to obtain that FastPass and find it not available.

Not blaming OP here; thinking Disney has to come up with a better "work-around" on this.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Once the times are expired you can get new FP's. We were assigned rides we do not ride, did not ride and once the times had expired we got new FP. With the help of a CM I even got our last assigned FP cancelled and was able to select a new one. My daughter missed one of her 7DMT FP because of transportation problems from resort (sigh. ). And she got FP's at another park later in the day.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

This is definitely a bump that Disney needs to re visit. I would like the option of being able to do only FP one ride or two if I want. Seems silly, like someone else said, to have to book for rides you don't want to go on and tie up the lines.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    Seems silly, like someone else said, to have to book for rides you don't want to go on and tie up the lines.
    That is the whole point. #1) spread out the crowds. Adventure Land is crowded, open faspasses for Tomorrow Land.

#2) Give you a fastpass for a ride that never required it before. Those not in the know think they are getting something. Well, even some of those in the know like to think they are getting something when they know they are not. ("i arrived in the park with three fastpasses!" Never mind that 2 of the three attractions never required a FP to begin with.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: