Quantcast The 200th FP+ kinda complaint

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The 200th FP+ kinda complaint

I'm a huge planner. So is my SIL. We are going in January as a group of three separate families.

Our 60-day window is Tuesday. We were trying to plan and organize over text and realized just how overwhelming that is.

We now have a WebEx meeting scheduled for 7am Tuesday morning. To plan. For our trip.

I'm not overly negative on the whole system, but it did make me chuckle the extent to which we have to go to prepare this time around.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Insanity! Good luck...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a chuckle.

Disregarding fp+ for a moment, and off topic, I'm feeling that way about our cousins reunion this summer. Coordinating is getting more and more difficult. This is the first reunion that I'm wishing we were going to WDW, even with fp+. It couldn't be any more complicated.

Good Luck!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be glad you made those fast pass reservations when you get to WDW! It's worth the planning - enjoy!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

We now have a WebEx meeting scheduled for 7am Tuesday morning. To plan. For our trip.
    Absolute craziness!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    I think the FP+ system opens at midnight or like 1am, so by 7am, the choices will be dwindling.

Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

It does open at midnight...I was online at 12:01am making FP+ reservations and STILL couldn't get everything we wanted during the times we needed.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if all his FastPass+,supposed-to-be-a-vacation-but-I-feel-like-all-i-do-is-work-at-it planning is pure zaniness...or the coolest thing ever. I guess I'll find out next year.

Good luck with WebEx meeting.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Definitely difficult with a group.
    Last Nov we were on the phone for at least an hour trying to coordinate FP+ times.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

we are now 19 days out and kind of firming up our plans and it kind of stinks cause we have no flexability. We can't eat at Epcot one day because all our FP are at MK and just too much traveling with a 5 year old boy
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I like planning but i'm not a fan of having everything firm every day, 60 day out. I like to have flexibility.
    I have a strict work schedule at work. I don't want to have to meet deadlines on vacation.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We left a few days at the end of our last trip without FPs or ADRs, so that we would have some unstructured time. For the most part it gave us the feeling we were looking for. But I have to admit there were one or two times when we wished we'd done FPs for some rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - I'd since read that it opens at midnight and so we've changed our meeting time to midnight.

Yay?
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I have a strict work schedule at work. I don't want to have to meet deadlines on vacation.
    That is the bottom line for me. I have a job that i absolutely LOVE. It requires constant planning and scheduling. I get paid for it. No way in Bay Lake am i going to pay someone so that i can do the same thing on my vacation away from all my planning amd scheduling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I like planning but i'm not a fan of having everything firm every day, 60 day out. I like to have flexibility.
    Can I get an AMEN. AMEN..

Going to WDW is now a lot like work. The planning, the prep, tools like Webex are needed, spreadsheets and continuous checking. In addition, when I'm there I now have to carry a device so I can make changes, where a special ID device and swipe it everywhere I go. If only I could get free coffee when I arrive, and free pens.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Originally we thought the FP+ would ruin spotaneity however it has made our trips more enjoyable.

We decide what park we want to visit that day and book our FPs (usually as late as 11.00 am). The system gives us quite a few choices of times.

I qualify this be saying that we are in Orlando for almost 3 months so we can pick and choose as we are not limited to a short visit like most. We will be at WDW resorts for the first 18 days and won't do any bookings until we get there.

Having said this I still think its still workable for short stays! Don't stress yourself out by trying to make it perfect.

Go there and enjoy the visit, there is so much to see, it will always work out!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they billed it as "it allows you to be more flexible!" but I just don't see it. It locks you in to where you're going to be each day. And if you bail, you're screwed. And it doesn't provide a way to gauge what attractions actually NEED to have a FP for riding. Since FP+, i've had to miss attractions because I couldn't get a FP for it, because I was locked in to something I wasn't even going to use! If they would remove the tiers from the Epcot and DHS attractions, that would make it better, but they won't because they're trying to drive people to ****** attractions that hold no interest.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I travel with five other people, each of which are completely clueless to any form of rhyme or reason, ( butterfly chasers..)
    and would be entirely lost or stuck in the wrong line for the entire trip if it weren't for me, and my planning. I had no issues with FP+ during our last visit, ten days, I was able to secure everything, and had no troubles re-arranging things during our trip. The worst thing to happen to us was when a ride went down due to weather related issues-but we were automatically notified of the situation and another FP was issued. I see all these posts complaining about the system but I must be missing something because I have yet to encounter any real difficulty with it, whether its getting the FP I wanted, or re arranging things. Same for ADR's, I have never had a bad experience with these. Hmmm, maybe I will go buy a few lottery tickets-seems I am just lucky I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

Admittedly, I have yet to experience my first trip using the FP+ system, but I think my biggest problem is that it doesn't seem to leave any preferable options for those of who prefer not to plan everything and like to vacation "at will", so to speak.

Under the FP+ system, if I don't plan FP for the most popular attractions, and decide to go to EPCOT tomorrow morning, I am left with two choices : wait in longer lines or end up skipping things from lack of time. Previously I could decide by the day where to go, go to the park in the morning, and just run with it, choosing FP day of.

So yes, there is room for plenty of flexibility, but it is not as flexible as the old system. Thankfully, I tend to travel during less busy times and am a park opener by nature, so perhaps it will not prove to be too troublesome.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media: