Quantcast More single Rider Lines Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More single Rider Lines Please

OK, if Disney would create single rider lines for all the popular rides, I feel that this would help to alleviate the congestion and hatred for the new fast-pass+ system . I was there this past weekend with my son and brother. We rode multiple rides in the single rider line and waitef like 10 minutes and compared to 45-60 in the regular line. I know some people will not want to split up, but there are tons of people who would and this would cut down on everyones wait time in the main kiosk. What does everybody else think? By the way had a truely Magical time

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. DD does the single rider line for Everest, and she almost never waits. We do single rider for Test Track and have 5 minute waits even during prime time.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. Disneyland does more single rider than WDW and I love it! They do it on Splash, Indiana Jones, Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin', California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers. There might be more that I am forgetting. It is SUCH an easy thing to implement and I don't understand why it's not more prevalent at WDW.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Agree. Disneyland does more single rider than WDW and I love it! They do it on Splash, Indiana Jones, Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin', California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers. There might be more that I am forgetting. It is SUCH an easy thing to implement and I don't understand why it's not more prevalent at WDW.
    Oh wow, that is great!
    I agree as well. Would love some SR rides. I got quite often by myself with out my sons and it would be a nice option.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

See, and I think that exacerbates the problems. Plus, I'm anti anything DL. Plus, in many ways, they work in single folks (who really aren't single, but working their group in that way).

I'd rather they make the FP system a for pay system like at Universal.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    See, and I think that exacerbates the problems. Plus, I'm anti anything DL. Plus, in many ways, they work in single folks (who really aren't single, but working their group in that way).

I'd rather they make the FP system a for pay system like at Universal.
    Exacerbates what problems?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Exacerbates what problems?
    Ditto on the question.

And really, I don't get the big deal if a group *is* willing to split up. Generally that's what it is for. If you all want to sit together, it's standby. But I've actually heard CMs say if a group is willing to split up [at TT], they can go to SR line.

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I do think all coasters/thrill rides should have single rider line. On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to compete with a stranger on a ride like TSM. Splash at DL is different in the seating, so I wouldn't mind it as much there as I would at WDW. Sitting side by side with a total stranger on a 10+ minute slow ride is not my cup of tea.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I do think all coasters/thrill rides should have single rider line. On the other hand, I don't think I'd want to compete with a stranger on a ride like TSM. Splash at DL is different in the seating, so I wouldn't mind it as much there as I would at WDW. Sitting side by side with a total stranger on a 10+ minute slow ride is not my cup of tea.
    Oh but that's when the fun begins!! You can scared death...on a slow ride...ask if they mind to hold your hand

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if single lines are good for WDW as opposed to DL. WDW is much more a family park, where DL is a park where you see more couples and friends going to.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I rode as single riders on Test Track Monday. Two rides by 9:30 am.

A woman complained to a CM that my wife being in the car ruined her family picture - and they had a FP!
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a false flow reducer (like HOV lanes). Doesn't really help the capacity issue, just more people waiting in line. I'd also have them design line methods or ride capacity as to have shorter lines for normal family size groups.

It may help the minority single rider types, but for families, still an issue.. and really shouldn't it be the goal to reduce the wait for 2 or more. I think the perception of taking advantage of space doesn't really improve wait times (at least not significantly). Plus, so often I've been on rides like TSM and see a tour group or something, that will fill up the single rider, then render the general idea of that useless.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I think its a false flow reducer (like HOV lanes). Doesn't really help the capacity issue, just more people waiting in line. I'd also have them design line methods or ride capacity as to have shorter lines for normal family size groups.

It may help the minority single rider types, but for families, still an issue.. and really shouldn't it be the goal to reduce the wait for 2 or more. I think the perception of taking advantage of space doesn't really improve wait times (at least not significantly). Plus, so often I've been on rides like TSM and see a tour group or something, that will fill up the single rider, then render the general idea of that useless.
    The purpose is not to reduce waits. It is to fill seats that would otherwise be empty.

The single rider line does not increase waits for anyone nor does it decrease waits except for the people who choose to use it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

The purpose is not to reduce waits. It is to fill seats that would otherwise be empty.

The single rider line does not increase waits for anyone nor does it decrease waits except for the people who choose to use it.
    It actually does decrease waits a small amount. If you have 300 seats available and are only filling 250, those extra 50 people are still waiting in line. If you have a group of four people who use the single rider line to fill up those seats that otherwise go unused, that's four people who aren't waiting for the next car for Test Track.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It actually does decrease waits a small amount. If you have 300 seats available and are only filling 250, those extra 50 people are still waiting in line. If you have a group of four people who use the single rider line to fill up those seats that otherwise go unused, that's four people who aren't waiting for the next car for Test Track.
    But the single rider line is separate. It is not counted in the ride's wait time.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

My issue with single rider lines is exactly what some people said. When a large tour group enters the single rider line it ruins it for people who may actually be alone or be with a family member who doesn't want to ride. This increases their wait time which isn't always fair.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

But the single rider line is separate. It is not counted in the ride's wait time.
    I'm probably not explaining it well. I don't mean it decreases the reported wait time that's shown. What I mean is that if four people in a group choose to go in the single-rider line rather than the regular line, they're not adding to the regular line time. It's sort of backwards -- looking at it as "not adding" to the wait time rather than subtracting from it. But it still results in shortening what would have been a longer wait. Because rather than those four people waiting to fill up the next car, thus making the people behind them wait, they each go in a car that's already accommodating other people.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    My issue with single rider lines is exactly what some people said. When a large tour group enters the single rider line it ruins it for people who may actually be alone or be with a family member who doesn't want to ride. This increases their wait time which isn't always fair.
    I'm still not understanding. How is it not fair? If a group is willing to be split up and they don't care who they sit by then what is unfair about it?
    It's not different than a family of 4 who don't mind not riding together.

Post Thanks / Like

B/c there are a lot of assumptions being made.

I"d rather them go away w/ the separate lines and just stick w/ the FP system (in whatever form).
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I think you got most of them Natalie. Grizzly River Run has a single rider, though they eliminated the single rider on Toy Story Mania. I think the personal space was too close for some people.

I'm a big fan of the single rider lines. Most of the times I've ridden Radiator Springs Racers, I've used the single rider. The only time I don't is when I take my son, who is too young to do single ride. In those cases we only ride it when we get to the park early enough for a FastPass.

I hate when you're waiting in line and see empty seats. The single rider fills those.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: