Quantcast Epcot - F&W Spoilers please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot - F&W Spoilers please!

Hi there. Anyone been to the F&W yet this year? Curious how the crowds are at Epcot.

Also curious to hear how it's going from first-hand experience? What's delicious, what's something I could skip, any surprises?

Thanks!!!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the first weekend (and since then I've heard) crowds are pretty nuts in the afternoon and evening (especially). You basically have to count on waiting a few minutes at any of the kiosks. However, over 2 days we tried a large sampling. The mushroom filet mignon at Canada is awesome. The dessert and champagne sampler is incredible. I could go on and on. I don't think we hit anything that wasn't good.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I was at WDW from 9/13-9/27. We went during the soft opening on 9/18 then a few times during the first week it was open. It was my first F&W but the crowds felt heavy to me. The daytime was a lot less busy then night in my experience. We also noticed when we went right at world showcase opening, a lot of people were going to the right (towards Canada), we went to the left and crowds were lighter.

I enjoyed most things. The only thing I bought and threw out after two bites was the lobster alfredo from the Hops & Barley booth. It was gross.

I loved the shrimp taco from Mexico, that was my favorite. My sister had the rib eye taco there and thought it was good but not great. My brother in law tried both shrimp and ribeye and preferred the shrimp.

The fisherman's pie at Ireland was very good. The first time I got it, it was so packed with seafood it was unbelievable! The filet at Canada is always a favorite.

I had the beouf beurgion (sorry can't spell it) at France, the meat was tender, potato's ok. Good but not something I would rush back for. My father tried the Escargot, was disappointed, he loved the puffs last year, this year was so-so. My sister tried the creme brulee, hers was not fully cooked so she didn't like it.

Salmon at Patagonia was good. My sister loved the Beef Empanada at Patagonia.

I know we tried more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I hope you enjoy it!!!

If you have a Chase Visa, stop by the Lounge. We enjoyed taking that mid-walk break. They have the freestyle soda machines, comfy chairs, wristbands for Eat to the Beat on certain nights, wristbands for Illuminations and Disney Infinity set up for the kids.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention one other favorite - the ravioli in Italy. Very good and a huge portion!
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post

I enjoyed most things. The only thing I bought and threw out after two bites was the lobster alfredo from the Hops & Barley booth. It was gross.
    I have not had the alfredo, but... I did have the warm lobster roll at Hops & Barley once and I was so disappointed. It was terrible. The lobster was rubbery and so wrong. I love fresh lobster, succulent, sweet, and delicious fresh lobster. But that lobster at that booth had to have been prepared a day or so ahead of time and it lost all delightful lobster quality. Never again for the Hops and Barley booth for me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You can never go wrong with the cheese soup in Canada either.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been yet this year (heading down in the beginning of November), but I've been to the F&W a few times in the past and the cheese soup in Canada is one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to sampling it again this year!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there a week from today! Doing Late Nights Live our first night, then doing a full day back at Epcot for more FWF. Evenings are always slammed, but I've found you can go early in the day and hit up most of the booths w/o much, if any, wait. Then when the crowds pick up later, you're a bit more free to bounce around to whatever booths have the lowest waits.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Ettibbets, I forgot about the Chase lounge. Where exactly is this located? Do you remember if/ what the open hours are? Thanks!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

The Chase lounge is in the America pavilion, you'll see the sign for it and line.
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I love fresh lobster, succulent, sweet, and delicious fresh lobster. But that lobster at that booth had to have been prepared a day or so ahead of time and it lost all delightful lobster quality.

This was my opinion of most of the food at F&WF last time I went, 2 years ago.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Love reading this!!

I'm going over either this weekend or next with my best friend! We go every year, several times.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

The Chase lounge is in the America pavilion, you'll see the sign for it and line.
    We were just there and I forgot about this lounge!

We were at F&W 9/20-9/27 and stayed at BC so we walked into WS almost every evening. The crowds were heavy even on weekdays so sometimes it was hard to even get through to read the menus for each food kiosk, so pack your patience. We had better luck at lunchtime exploring what was available and not fighting the crowds so much. Weekends were definitely busiest and often it was hard for me and DH to walk side-by-side. But the periodic rain helped thin the crowds out.

The one thing we did enjoy was the microbrewery they have set up in the Odyssey building. It was nice and cool in there and never busy so we could escape the crowds for a minute. The lighting was nice and low and we enjoyed some flights of tasty craft beers.

Enjoy!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

aw, thanks for all the "spoilers", folks!

man...i'm so excited. 10 days!
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I was there last week. I felt the crowds weren't bad. As usual, thickened up the later in the afternoon and evening you got, but normal. Except around the beers in Belgium/Germany. That is always backed up. But even where there are lines, they move pretty quickly.

My favorite is South Korea (everything) especially the kimchi dog. Go by the Florida or something w/ Pineapple bw Canada and Greece.

The japanese tuna roll was good.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we were there last week! I didnt know anything about the Chase Visa Lounge. How do you get into this? We have a Chase Sapphire card...do you just need to show this? I will have to remember this for next year. How do the magic bands work for Illuminations??
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skip Mexico

Overpriced, food same as any Mexican place in US and given their penchant for bulls goring horses (yes, they really do this. Google "Mexico Horse and Bull fights") I wouldn't give them a dime!!!!

Other than Mexico, I'd skip dinner altogether and just eat a little at each of the worlds. The food is very good. A little pricey for the portions, but you'll only do it once, so treat yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been twice so far.. the crowds are nuts on the weekends but not bad at all during the weekday.

I feel as if the prices have gone up for items this year as almost everything seems to start close to $5 now.

My favorites are:

The pork / kimchi lettuce wrap at S. Korea. My #1 the last few years running actually.

The Mongolian beef steamed bun in China is great. The duck was okay, not bad, but for the $ not worth it at all.

I love the beef tips in Africa. Spicy but so much good flavor.

The second beer flight in Germany is new this year. Glad they are rotating it!

I was disappointed in what they did with the craft beer section at Odysee. I had hopes for it being this really cool exhibition using the space in that building to really do something about beer, the craft movement, how beer is made.. anything. but alas, its just a small bar serving beer thats available in any supermarket and a bunch of tables.

In France, the Gratin de crozet de savoie tastes just like what I make at home. Thats a great thing!

Germany the Schinkennudeln is my favourite. Reminds me of family get togethers and christmas time. All it is missing is the gravy.

Greece: Chicken Gyro was pretty good tasting. Lots of dill in the tzatziki which is always good.

I tended to stay away from the old standbys this year so far but overall the festival seems to be pretty good this year, even though I miss some of the old tents.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing this up! Definitely going to have to stop by there on our FWF day. What are the wristbands for Illuminations? They for a special viewing area?

I'd be happy with the coke freestyle machines and a break from the crowds. Have a disney rewards card really does come in handy when visiting the parks.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't ask about the illuminations band, where the area was. The woman handing them out just told me they had those daily and they had Eat to the Beat wristbands only certain days (sat, sun, mon I think...).

The freestyle machines were great! I filled a mug I had with me. It was nice to have a lot of choices.
    1984 - Contemporary
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: