Quantcast Episode 68: Gary Sells Out - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It Or Leave It - Special Edition Magic Bands

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

5 16.13%
  • Leave It

26 83.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

really enjoyed the listen on my flight guys!

on the bands... I agree with Michael - I would take it for a much smaller fee - $5 is probably my price point. Even better would be the over-riding view is that they should be FREE!

Carol is right - you can put in the little jibbitz (?) thinga-ma-bobs to decorate but... I personally wouldn't / don't do that.

I am always interested in the Epcot discussions... John is right - of course, someone "owns" it and there must be a strategy... I HOPE!?!? It really is quite sad now. a very sad state. I remember so well how innovative and exciting it all was in the beginning.... I remember waiting in a long line for Universe of Energy as a 12 yr old and LOVING it!!

I am betting that b/c of Food/Wine and Home/Garden, concert series, etc.... they are just banking on these events holding Epcot up until after Avatar and Star Wars investments. ... question is when will that be?

another great podcast!! and even tho I really miss Ian and Mel and Christine... my vote is to have them more often - even if it has to be with less of you... the different combinations are also good!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

one more comment on the extra Halloween event in the castle...

The cost is absolutely ridiculous on top of the party ticket....for what you actually get.

I read a review of the event and based on what was described - a variation of a dessert party - only quite rushed b/c they tried to get 2 different seatings in there - NOT worth it at all.

I wonder if there is an auto price adjustment simply b/c it is in the castle - who doesn't want to get in there!? (especially if you have never done an event there - it seems like it will be quite special).

If there was something REALLY outstanding... I cannot even imagine what it would be...I might be willing to splurge as a once-off...but, quickie apps/desserts and a song by the step-mother - only to be rushed out so the next group can get in... no thanks.
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post

The nickel and diming of all these "events" is annoying. We went during the Holiday events and didn't spend the extra money on any of them and still felt like we had a magical vacation. The price of admission for these events is expensive enough now they are adding to it.

... at this point in time there are no plans for my family of 4 to participate in any of the parties, the Harambe Nights, etc.
    It no longer bothers me if they nickel and dime these "special" "extra" events, as long as they do not interfere with the experience of the day guest (which was discussed at length in the "Numbers With Ian" podcast- excellent episode by the way). I think they are desperately trying to recoup their expenses on the My Disney Experience investment and if they can get it back by offering events for those who are willing to pay for them - that's great.

I agree that the "extras" do not appeal to me at all and I appreciate the people who enjoy them and are willing to pay for them, because in my small mind, I believe they are helping to keep the prices for general admission and resort stays from going up exponentially.

Is it incorrect or naive for me to think of it that way?
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I'm finally catching up on podcasts.

First off, did I miss "Gary Selling Out"??? Maybe I missed that.

Anyway, I just wanted to say JOHN!!! Canada will be staying at Old Key West as well for RunICOT!!! Now we need to convince Ian, Michael and Gary to stay there too and we've got the makings of a party! Carol and Mel, and Cindy & Christine, you guys can come join us too! WOOT WOOT!

As for the special magic bands? Uhhh no. That ain't gonna happen. Maybe if they did it as an upgrade to the free magic bands, I might get my kids a couple, but I'm not paying $30 when they can get a perfectly good free one in the colour of their choice.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Okay I'm finally catching up on podcasts.

First off, did I miss "Gary Selling Out"??? Maybe I missed that.

Anyway, I just wanted to say JOHN!!! Canada will be staying at Old Key West as well for RunICOT!!! Now we need to convince Ian, Michael and Gary to stay there too and we've got the makings of a party! Carol and Mel, and Cindy & Christine, you guys can come join us too! WOOT WOOT!

As for the special magic bands? Uhhh no. That ain't gonna happen. Maybe if they did it as an upgrade to the free magic bands, I might get my kids a couple, but I'm not paying $30 when they can get a perfectly good free one in the colour of their choice.
    Nice - see you at Olivias or out on the deck for a drink!

Gary sold out by doing a mention of a couple folks on the show... maybe you missed that part?
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhh no you're right. I did hear that. Haha sellout!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

1st star to the right and straight on till morning
    Post Thanks / Like

Villains Sinister Soiree -
    My comment's not just about this event, but about all of these extras Disney now wants you to purchase. My question is, as John would say "Seriously", is the Disney company doing so bad that it has to have all of these extra money events to make a profit? Someone at Disney has gone off the deep end thinking that they can continue to just keep adding and adding and adding all of these extras for lots of money.
    Mark M :-)
    May 1979 - Honeymoon
    Jan 1993 - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins...
    Jun 2001 - Me, Wife, Kids
    "My one wish, is that in 100 years there'll be a child, hiding under their covers with a flashlight, reading a copy of the Martian Chronicles, on the Red Planet" - Ray Bradbury, 8/22/1920 - 6/6/2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Ahhhhh no you're right. I did hear that. Haha sellout!
    It helped me raise $2000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. So I have that going for me.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Did We Learn?

Another great PC!

MM good to have ya back. Loved the THIS is why...nothing nice comment! Histerical!!!

I'l take the bands as long as they are not money grabbing EVERY BLASTED DAY EVENTS like its THE 3RD Tuesday OF The Month Magic Bands.. I like momentos and think Disney again struck gold on these bands. They PLUSED the RFID usage IMO with the accessories/gibbits and event bands. Still don't like MDE or prescheduling my vaca but I like the band in general.

What Did We Learn? NOTHING again?

I do wish they would throw some money at EPCOT!!! Maybe with Magic band sales they will make $$$ and improve Epcot?

Drones, neat but even at Disney R/C flight will be risky. Lots to contend with while flying quads and multi rotors. Am I excited? YES but thinking their projected use on paper won't come to fruition in the parks once tried in real life situations. Yeah I know it's Disney but they can't beat gravity and simple physics when trying to hoist or carry a screen/payload via R/C. Love to see it!

ALSO - that flying dragon? What if it were BLUE and flew in I don't know AVATAR LAND?!?!? Thinking a good test to fly around the castle and prove it out...

Great PC! Loved the math lesson too. Thanks AgentC! AND though I'd buy a band for an event DW and I are not event crazy. We feed the mouse pretty regularly but just don't see the need to overfeed him.

THANKS!!!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: