Quantcast Discounts offered in May?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discounts offered in May?

My DD and a few of her Sorority sisters are planning a trip in May 2015 once they are done for the year with their classes.

They plan to stay in one of the value resorts since yep, they are college students on a budget. My DD is the only one who has gone to WDW so she's gonna be the one more than likely to book the hotel.

We have gone in May before and I generally get a PIN discount. First of all, If I get the PIN, since we are in the same family with the same address, could she use it? I am also a Visa card member and she is an authorized user on it, so it could also possibly be through our Visa that a discount is available. So I assume we would just book it on her Visa in that case?

Second question, has there been free dinning ever offered in May? If so, when is that generally released? She would prefer the QS free dining discount over the room only discount if there is an option. She just thinks it would be easier to deal with for everyone and then maybe plan 1 or 2 TS and pay for those OOP.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. I have always just used the Room only discount during this time of year. We have only ever used the Free Dinning at Christmas time when that tends to be the only discount available during our stay.

Thanks!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can answer the PIN part. PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. It is for you only and only you can use the PIN for your trip. You must be the lead on the reservation so nope she can't use it.

They'll release these if they feel they need to sell rooms. So there is no real certainty whether they will offer discounts or not. However, you can book now and apply a discount if it becomes available for that room type. That's for Disney discounts.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Poly Dweller! That was what I pretty much assumed on my PIN codes. So either 1) she has to get a pincode offer or 2)
    What about Visa offers?

Since she has a Visa card in her name (as an authorized user) would she be eligible for any Visa discount offers for rooms discounts?

It looks like they have not offered free dining in a few years during that time of year. Last time I saw it offer in my research was 2011.

So we just need to see about room discount options for her.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

That's correct about the pin code - only you can use it. The Visa I think you could book for her, but, honestly the Visa discount is usually just the same as the public discount only offered 2 or 3 days earlier. I would suggest you work with Magical Journeys on this and they'll make sure you get the best discount available. There's almost always some kind of room only discount in May, but free dining hasn't been available in a couple of years.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have always had luck receiving PINs after requesting a Disney vacation DVD. It might be worth a shot.
    Amy

10/14 French Quarter
    5/12 Coronado Springs
    5/10 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/08All Star Sports
    5/07 All Star Sports
    5/06 Pop Century
    1/05 All Star Movies
    2/03 All Star Sports
    3 times before this millenium!!
    Next up: 9/16 Caribbean Beach!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mom to a Princess and a Prince View Post
    I have always had luck receiving PINs after requesting a Disney vacation DVD. It might be worth a shot.
    Yes, I am planning to have her request one. I know she gets emails from Disney but I am not sure if they are ever pincode offers. We'll see it that does the trick.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Share This Thread On Social Media: