Quantcast Epcot Entertainment Being Refreshed, Long Time Acts Being Replaced

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Entertainment Being Refreshed, Long Time Acts Being Replaced

Rumors are flying around the internet this morning that the last days of Off Kilter, Mo Rockin and the Fife and Drum Corps are coming soon. Hopefully this is just a bad rumor, and maybe it's contract disputes or something of the like, but just a heads up.

There's not a whole lot good going on at Epcot right now, and these are definitely good things for me. I'll be so disappointed if this is true.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Rumors are flying around the internet this morning that the last days of Off Kilter, Mo Rockin and the Fife and Drum Corps are coming soon. Hopefully this is just a bad rumor, and maybe it's contract disputes or something of the like, but just a heads up.

There's not a whole lot good going on at Epcot right now, and these are definitely good things for me. I'll be so disappointed if this is true.
    I have been seeing the rumors this morning too. I think it does have to do with contract disputes. Both Off-Kilter and Mo Rockin's websites are quite out of date, so you can't find info from the bands.

From how everything transpired with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies out at Disneyland, I think Disney takes a hard stance in contract negotiations and is not afraid to let long standing acts walk away.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this isn't true, especially for Off Kilter and the Fife and Drum Corp.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

The Billies being retired had nothing to do with contracts. It came totally out of left field for them as well as their followers.

I will be very angry if this happens. So what are we to do if we don't want to stand in 2 hour stand-by lines? Epcot is becoming very sad.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    The Billies being retired had nothing to do with contracts. It came totally out of left field for them as well as their followers.

I will be very angry if this happens. So what are we to do if we don't want to stand in 2 hour stand-by lines? Epcot is becoming very sad.
    Thanks Carol, I had just seen that line of thought posted by some people on the internet, but info from you is far more credible as I know you are a big fan of the group. Didn't mean to give incorrect info.

But this does bring up a good point. We are talking about a lot of rumors posted on Facebook. Can any of our CM posters help shed some light on what is going on? I do think a lot of the Epcot entertainment contracts are scheduled to end around September 30th. Maybe if these acts do leave it will be a switch like when the bands in the UK were switched? We need to wait and see if we can get more official information.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Please, say it isn't so! The entertainment is so much a part of the overall experience of going to the parks. Bad move on Disney's part if this rumor proves to be fact. (I was just going to add the little mad smiley to my post, but for right now I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude.)
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

And now add World Showcase Players to the list. WOW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There's some fuzzy details, but the most I could get out of my management friends at TDO is, yes, "as of now" those acts will cease on September 29. It sounds like there might be some possibility of continuation, but not likely.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    There's some fuzzy details, but the most I could get out of my management friends at TDO is, yes, "as of now" those acts will cease on September 29. It sounds like there might be some possibility of continuation, but not likely.
    Chris, that sounds like contract negotiation speak from your contacts . Seriously, thanks for the info!

There is still a month before this happens, but I do hope that they can negotiate for some of these acts to stay, as I would miss the World Showcase Players. I will hope that if groups leave, there will be replacements, like when the British Invasion was replaced by the British Revolution.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I am seeing reports (on a Disney news website) now that new acts will be taking the place of some of the old acts. They are not listing a date but so far I have heard new live entertainment for Morocco, Canada, Italy and the United Kingdom.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Can any of our CM posters help shed some light on what is going on? I do think a lot of the Epcot entertainment contracts are scheduled to end around September 30th. Maybe if these acts do leave it will be a switch like when the bands in the UK were switched? We need to wait and see if we can get more official information.
    I don't work at Epcot, so I don't have firsthand info. But here's what is currently available on the CM Cast Information Portal (The Hub).

1) There are no advisories about any entertainment units leaving Epcot.

2) BUT, the show schedule for Off Kilter and Mo'Rockin does not show any performances beyond September 27th. This is also true for British Revolution and I haven't seen rumors that they are leaving.

3) Scheduled performances for Voices of America and Fife and Drum Corps continue beyond September through October, November, etc.

So, officially, it's a bit confusing. Which is not unusual for Cast information. I'll post whatever else I can find out.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Ron!
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in shock. Looks like they are cleaning house.

Post Thanks / Like

The official notice just came out.

From the Disney Parks Blog.

Today, we have news about some updates coming to World Showcase at Epcot. One of the best parts of the World Showcase experience is feeling fully immersed in the culture of each country, and the live entertainment presented in the international pavilions plays a large role in creating that atmosphere. Beginning this fall, we will be refreshing the atmosphere entertainment around World Showcase with the addition of new acts and enhancements to some existing performances.

New experiences debuting over the next several months will contribute to the rich mix of entertainment at Epcot, and provide fresh experiences for our guests. In the near future, you can look forward to enjoying a traditional Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom, and more.
    As we embark on this enhancement of World Showcase entertainment, we bid a fond farewell to Mo’Rockin’, Off Kilter, Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps and World Showcase Players. We thank these performers for all they’ve done to make the Epcot guest experience enjoyable and memorable, and we invite you to come out and see them in their farewell performances over the next few weeks.
    More details will be shared, as they become available, about the timing of certain transitions, as well as each of the exciting new entertainment additions coming to World Showcase.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah. A lumberjack show. I can hardly wait.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Cindy! Can't get more official than that!

Have no idea what the new shows in Italy and Canada are all about and they do not sound interesting to me, but might interest kids. I think the new entertainment in Morocco is more authentic to Moroccan culture than Mo Rockin was (was not a fan of that show) and will stop to watch that. I will wait to reserve judgement about the Celtic folk music group.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Carol. Just said the same thing about the lumberjack thing to someone else.

I am impressed with the quick announcement by Disney. Amazing how one person with an inside source broke this on Twitter last night and it blew up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Oh yeah. A lumberjack show. I can hardly wait.
    Ditto. This is sad news. I am surprised about Off Kilter, to be honest. Every time I'm at Canada during their shows it's standing room only. This is too bad.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

And, in the official announcement we get an "and more" only but no specific information on what, if anything, will replace Fife and Drum Corps.
    Sigh.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Awww. I'm kind of sad too. Those are good acts. But, we have seen them several times, and the idea of something new is pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to some new things to see on the next trip!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: