Quantcast Back Lot Tour Closing 9/27/14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Lot Tour Closing 9/27/14

Back Lot Tour is closing September 27, 2014... The news ran wild this afternoon and early evening.. Several CMs were saying the info was on the Hub... Thanks to Chris right here on Intercot, he was able to confirm...

Say bye bye to an attraction which needed to be put out of its misery a long time ago... Now, question is, what shall be the replacement...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Star Wars land announcement has to be just around the corner.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I've been told there is a "Carsland" attraction coming for that area.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they ditched the Carsland idea for DHS.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I thought they ditched the Carsland idea for DHS.
    I don't necessarily have definitive information from people in the appropriate positions in the company. It could just be coincidence that I was given the information about both of these around the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw something earlier today (which I had initially discounted) that talked of extension(s) to Pixar Place, and another track for TSMM, but no real details.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I saw something earlier today (which I had initially discounted) that talked of extension(s) to Pixar Place, and another track for TSMM, but no real details.
    The talk of another track for TSMM came about, I want to say, late spring, early summer... Someone said a project has been green lit in the sound stage right next to TSMM to begin after October 1... I believe this is the same sound stage that the Frozen merchandise shop, Oakens??? is in, as well as the ice rink... This is also the same sound stage the rumored Monsters Inc door coaster was to go into... I think the TSMM track information has started to pick up some speed... I wouldn't doubt this is what happens...

As for Cars Land, the new rumor is just some flat rides, and NOT Radiator Springs Racers... The rumor, and yes, only rumor, is that instead of RSR, Pixar Place will get a Monsters Inc ride... Of course, there are others who are "insiders" saying Cars Land is off the table, and no to the Monsters Inc coaster...

At this point, I think it is a wait and see... unlike Frozen in Maelstrom, some of the trusted insiders did not see this one coming... All options, I assume, are currently on the table...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

The backlot tour has been a failure since they cut it back, but the boneyard and prop house will be missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the internal announcement:

"Exciting new development work is happening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In order to make way for the new experiences, the last day of operation for the Studio Backlot Tour will be Sept. 27.

A portion of the Studio Backlot Tour will be used to extend the magic of “Frozen” during this holiday season, which we previously announced. One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, will be relocating to the Streets of America spot and will continue to operate closer to the popular “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration.”

We are working on other developments for that area, as well, and we look forward to sharing more details at a later date.
    So Wandering Oakens is leaving the current location, where the rumored extra TSMM track will go...

Post Thanks / Like

One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, will be relocating to the Streets of America spot and will continue to operate closer to the popular “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration.”
    A retail shop? One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun? For who? And where is 'the Streets of America spot' exactly? I thought the sing along was moving to the American Idol spot?

Seriously, I'm having an issue keeping up with all the shuffling in DHS.

That said, I'll always have fond memories of the Backlot Tour. Although it's a shell of itself now without the live tour guide, the Bette Midler short, and Residential Street, we still enjoyed going back to Catastrophe Canyon, seeing Walt's plane, and riding through the prop warehouse. And my hubby was hilariously one of the guests in Harbor Attack some years back. Good times!

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is wondering why all these things seem to be happening on September 27, it is likely because Disney's fiscal year ends on September 28.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If anyone is wondering why all these things seem to be happening on September 27, it is likely because Disney's fiscal year ends on September 28.

Yeah, I noticed that Frontierland adventure bomb is closing at Disneyland on the 27th as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    A retail shop? One of the most popular elements of Frozen Summer Fun? For who?
    I called disney merchandise yesterday to order a print that is hard to find outside of the parks (not Frozen). I thought it was interesting because the automated message that answers automatically assumes anyone calling, is calling for frozen merchandise. The first thing it says -"thank you for making Frozen so successful" (no thank you for calling wdw, etc) So maybe they are not making that one up.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, interesting and exciting news! We only did this one for the first time on our trip this past spring. DH was chosen for Harbor Attack and the girls and I loved watching it. We enjoyed it but probably wouldn't have done it again. With all the complaints people have about it, it's not too surprising that it's closing. Can't wait to hear what's going in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    I called disney merchandise yesterday to order a print that is hard to find outside of the parks (not Frozen). I thought it was interesting because the automated message that answers automatically assumes anyone calling, is calling for frozen merchandise. The first thing it says -"thank you for making Frozen so successful" (no thank you for calling wdw, etc) So maybe they are not making that one up.
    I realize it's popular. Believe me, I was in there a few days after opening. What I was trying to say is how sad it is that a merchandise location probably IS the most popular part of Frozen Summer Fun, and how Disney will most likely take that and say "wow, we need more retail shops!"

Post Thanks / Like

We were chatting the car yesterday, and we agreed that this would close any-day-now.

And, I'm not terribly happy that we were right. The Backlot Tour was "meh" for a long time, but I'm just so worried ... we need new things at Disney, not just replacements and closures.

I hope something good is in the works. Geesh, they could built Arendelle ad left Maelstrom alone.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I hope something good is in the works. Geesh, they could built Arendelle ad left Maelstrom alone.
    The space does seem like it would work. I wonder if they could have made something work in the space they are using for the Captain Jack Sparrow experience thing as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I call dibs on the Two Three Four Mickey Mouse! I really wonder what they are going to do with all this stuff.

Just the Studios becoming a little less of a Studio once more
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I realize it's popular. Believe me, I was in there a few days after opening. What I was trying to say is how sad it is that a merchandise location probably IS the most popular part of Frozen Summer Fun, and how Disney will most likely take that and say "wow, we need more retail shops!"
    Haha! I agree!!!! :/
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tearin_it_up View Post
    I call dibs on the Two Three Four Mickey Mouse! I really wonder what they are going to do with all this stuff.

Just the Studios becoming a little less of a Studio once more

I saw a RUMOR that a name change may be coming as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: