Quantcast 'Move It, Shake It, Dance & Play It' Street Party Coming to Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Move It, Shake It, Dance & Play It' Street Party Coming to Magic Kingdom

From Disney Parks Blog:

‘Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!’ Street Party Debuts This Fall at Magic Kingdom Park

The “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!” Street Party has been a guest favorite at Magic Kingdom Park since its debut in 2009. This fall, we’re kicking things up a notch with new music, new characters, and a new way for you to be part of the show!

We’re even giving this party procession a new name – “Move it! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party. The fun begins on Main Street, U.S.A., as a high-energy party anthem heralds the arrival of favorite Disney characters – including new additions Stitch and Phineas & Ferb – who parade toward Cinderella Castle as the emcee, stilt walkers, and the rest of our party peeps encourage everyone to join in.

Things heat up in the Central Plaza when hosts Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy appear atop giant gift boxes, leading everyone in a medley of remixed classic party songs. Once you’ve moved it, shaken it, and danced it, it’s time to help decide what comes next, as you vote for one of three current hits during the “Play It!” part of the show. You never know which way it might go!

The “Move it! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party will be presented several times daily, starting this fall. In the meantime, you can still enjoy the “Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!” Street Party each day at Magic Kingdom Park.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-21-2014 at 10:57 AM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I loathe this frantic festival of misery and mayhem with every fiber of my being.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I loathe this frantic festival of misery and mayhem with every fiber of my being.
    Now all we need is a run of shirts with this on it, in that classic Disney font.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell us how you really feel

Seriously though, I'm not a fan of this 'Party' myself. My boys kind of like the music and such. The characters are neat to see, but we rarely sit for it. I usually avoid the area while it is going on.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the Central Plaza?

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Is "Misery and Mayhem" the same thing as "scum and villainy" or is it a rock band?

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I like it and so do my kids. They like to get out and dance with the character and even hold their hands. Great interaction at this parade, with good music. Add in P&F - now it's a party.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Now all we need is a run of shirts with this on it, in that classic Disney font.
    I would buy this shirt. Correction, I would buy a ROYGBIV pack of these shirts.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the party was fun. Now that it'll have Stitch and P&F.... Even better!!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: