Quantcast Taxi to Universal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxi to Universal

We are off to the world in 36 days
    and for the first time will not be hiring a car.
    We would like to go to universal for the day and have looked at shuttles etc. My question is does anyone know how much a Taxi to Universal from POFQ and back would be and if its easy to get one to come home?

Thanks everyone for your help
    Debbie

Next Trip - Port Orleans - French Quarter Sept 2014
    Port Orleans - French Quarter Oct 2011
    Disneyland Califorian 1995
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Disney Resort Paris 2005
    Carribean Beach Resort 2006
    Port Orleans - French Quarter 2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieFr View Post
    We are off to the world in 36 days
    and for the first time will not be hiring a car.
    We would like to go to universal for the day and have looked at shuttles etc. My question is does anyone know how much a Taxi to Universal from POFQ and back would be and if its easy to get one to come home?

Thanks everyone for your help

I used a taxi fare calculator and it says $35.00 - $45.00 each way depending on traffic, plus gratuity. The trip is 13 miles. Not sure how you pick one up at Universal for the trip back.

Quicksilver will do a towncar for $100.00 round trip. We have used them past and are using them again this coming trip in November.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

It will be at least $45, maybe even a little more. And yes, getting a taxi back will be no problem. Universal has a taxi stand in the same area that the buses load (near the parking garage). If you leave when the parks close, however, the line for taxis gets quite long.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done it from Disney in awhile (in fact, we've been doing the reverse), but the averages provided are correct. More often than not, it comes to $38 - 41. I remember it actually being cheaper from POFQ and DTD than other Disney locations like POP. But, just like with a town car, you must consider the tip as well.

Since you are visiting in September, you should have no problem getting a taxi when departing Universal. Just follow the signs after exiting via the moving sidewalks. You'll find that taxis in the pickup area a the bottom of the escalators. We have NEVER waited for a cab at closing in September because crowds simply aren't as bad. You'll also potentially have the advantage of less people leaving the parks/CityWalk area at closing because of the separately ticketed Halloween Horror Nights.

In the month of September/early October, we usually do better cost-wise with a cab. The other benefit to a cab is that you don't need to adhere to a pickup time or call 30 minutes in advance. But, as others have mentioned, it's not too big of a difference price-wise for a town car service.

Mears also offers shared rides from Disney resorts to Universal via a van shuttle, however, I am not up on those prices. Whether or not it will makes sense $$-wise is dependent upon the number in your party. We used it about 8 years ago and saved quite a bit for a party of 4. You also used to be able to book it one-way (good if you want the option of taking a cab home whenever). We were also the only ones booked for the shuttle so it was direct! Might be worth checking out as well.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning the Mears shared ride: I just checked out the website briefly and it is honestly a little confusing to navigate. It seems as though the shared shuttles are mainly focused on airport and seaport pickups at this time. I would call to see if they are still offering shared ride shuttles from hotel to parks during the fall months if you are interested in this option.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

We had already enquired about a town car, but wanted to check out Taxi prices for exactly the reason that we could come home when we want. We will be a party of three. I will definitely check the shuttle out.
    Thanks for all your replies
    Debbie
    Debbie

Next Trip - Port Orleans - French Quarter Sept 2014
    Port Orleans - French Quarter Oct 2011
    Disneyland Califorian 1995
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Disney Resort Paris 2005
    Carribean Beach Resort 2006
    Port Orleans - French Quarter 2009

Post Thanks / Like

We used Mears last March, and paid $50 round trip, which was a great price. The cab quoted us $50 each way. You can call Mears and talk to them. The best thing was, they actually sent a Mears taxi, and we had no other stops. The driver told us we were lucky!
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxi to Universal

We also are going to Universal for the day in October. We found a site that we bought our tickets and also a round trip ride with Mears. THey will pick us up at Pop Century. Some of the rides we checked on only picked up at certain places at WDW and you had to travel there to get picked up. We have our voucher and just have to call Mears with the pickup time from WDW and then the pickup time for the ride back. I think for the ride it turned out to be $20.00 for the round trip.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great deal missouridisney! Could you PM me the name of the company? I'm wondering if they do anything in reverse (Universal to MK). I would strongly consider it for our upcoming October trip to MK!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: