Quantcast On-Ride Video Debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation On-Ride Video Debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Effective August 12, 2014; The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios will offer On-Ride Video for Guests with an active Memory Maker package and Magic Band.

Guests who experience the attraction with a Magic Band and a linked Memory Maker package will automatically receive the on-ride video of their experience within 24 hour via their My Disney Experience account.

It is expected that similar offerings will be rolled-out to a few other popular attractions over the next several months.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool !! Of course they roll it out at the best attraction,the almighty ToT
    Our package for Sept includes the Memory Maker so I can't wait !!
    I'd have to think about what to put an on ride video of next,obvious choice would be RnRc.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! I never go on ToT, so now I can watch DH's ride experience.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I love this. Can't wait to try it out in 9 days!!
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear no! I hate to think of being in stranger's pictures let alone videos. ACK! We might be one of few families who would rather not relive the experience by looking at ourselves. And I live in dread of being that woman that people are laughing at in videos at home. "Look at that lady in the corner! She's scared to death! Hilarious!" Not.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Oh dear no! I hate to think of being in stranger's pictures let alone videos. ACK! We might be one of few families who would rather not relive the experience by looking at ourselves. And I live in dread of being that woman that people are laughing at in videos at home. "Look at that lady in the corner! She's scared to death! Hilarious!" Not.
    I kind of feel the same way you do, Sherri. We didn't even video our wedding, so the last thing I want to do is see myself in attraction video from vacation. It's just not our thing.

I hadn't even thought about the stranger in the video aspect. I mean, that kind of stuff could go viral if folks post on social media.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the whole car?

For Rip Ride Rock It at Universal, the video is focused only on the one rider.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

if they had this for more than 1 ride I would totally get this for next week, love the idea. I wasn't a big user of the photopass program before, but if I could get several ride along videos that would be cool. On our last trip I loved getting the attractions+ card, so if they paired that alone up with the ride along videos I'd be all in.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Is it the whole car?

It looks like from the video posted on the front page, at least how it's presented there, that it is the whole car.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    if they had this for more than 1 ride I would totally get this for next week, love the idea. I wasn't a big user of the photopass program before, but if I could get several ride along videos that would be cool. On our last trip I loved getting the attractions+ card, so if they paired that alone up with the ride along videos I'd be all in.
    More attractions are coming according to Jason's first post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm not too keen on the idea. EEK.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I like this idea. What's the legality of videoing minors and making it public? What if someone in our car posts a video of my child getting sick or something and it goes viral without our permission?
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dobby2010 View Post
    I don't think I like this idea. What's the legality of videoing minors and making it public? What if someone in our car posts a video of my child getting sick or something and it goes viral without our permission?
    You're at Walt Disney World. You're being videotaped or photographed at some point *everywhere*. If you read Disney's "theme-park-legal" policy, it basically says that you permit photographing and/or videoing while you're visiting the parks.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I get that, I really do. I'm not normally paranoid about this sort of thing, but for some reason this really rubs me the wrong way. Can't put a finger on why it makes me feel uncomfortable. I guess it's the unknown of who could be watching these ride videos, but I guess that could apply to anything.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    You're at Walt Disney World. You're being videotaped or photographed at some point *everywhere*. If you read Disney's "theme-park-legal" policy, it basically says that you permit photographing and/or videoing while you're visiting the parks.
    I understand this as well, and I'm not going to be upset about it. But the fact that the videos will now be in the hands of any average guest, vs in a more controlled environment, does raise some discomfort. Mostly it's just going to be people enjoying their own reactions at home, fine, not a problem. And great for those people who will enjoy this. But we do live in an age of oversharing.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If it keeps some people from whipping out their camcorders and trying to record their ride experience I'm all for it. Can't tell you the number of times I've had someone turn on a light or try to take a picture spoiling the experience for everyone else. So if they can get memory maker then everyone can be happy. Besides I think I might want a video or 2.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Is it the whole car?

Yes it's the whole car. Mine was done yesterday. It's really only a small clip of the people in elevator. The rest is graphics of the attraction. I thought the part with us was just too short. Blink and you miss it. They only show that second before you drop.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    They only show that second before you drop.
    Oh. Interesting! Thanks reporting back on this, Marlyn.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the video posted by another group on twitter. Seems like the car scene is short. You can likely find yourself but there is not a lot of time spent in the car. Now that could change…if customer feedback gets to Disney. Course…IF they are only recording the cars HANGING part…well that only happens once or so during the ride. So capturing video is a short window of opportunity IMO as it is.

I like the full video they did with the canned effects and footage and sound. It’s a nice presentation for sure.

I’m sure we’ve all waved most our rights as we enter the parks anyway. I’m not put out by this. In fact the abuse of technology I like. I’ve not received one of those e-mails JY mentions in PC66 where as they got notified of MORE pics of his family that were taken that they didn't know about. To me I like that…and I’d likely buy more once I’m home since we try and extend the MAGIC once back to reality. Least DW and I do… It'd be a nice surprise...WOW they got me on that ride??? KEWL!!!

Far as them tracking me in the parks…OK. I’ve no issues. AGAIN I chose to be there. As long as no bodily harm come to me and my family I’m all good. AND I highly doubt Disney would let that happen.

ALSO on a side note…I’ve no issues with showing ID when asked. It it protects my identity from theft I'm all good! It does bother me that I need to show and use my Disney VISA card for every purchase to get the discount. Can’t have that linked to my band and get the discount if purchases are over $50. You still need to use the actual card and make your purchase over $50. Why not let me just tie my card to my band…accumulate my purchases over my length of stay…and THEN get my discount on the full purchase amount I spent while on vacation? Com’on Disney – get with Disney VISA and work this out. AND get the DCL on board with this too!!! You’ll all flying the SAME flag colors and icon…work with me people!!!

Sorry to jack the thread…
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

While I like the idea on one hand, I dislike the idea on another. The selling of ride photos is ubiquitous, so the video is just a natural expansion. However, the technology has never been too good about limiting the image to the actual guest buying the photo. I know that, in legal terms, you're giving them permission to sell your image by entering the park, but I wish they offered some way to opt-out. Now with the magic bands, your opt-out status could easily be tracked and handled on the back end. Replace the opt-outs with Disney characters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    While I like the idea on one hand, I dislike the idea on another. The selling of ride photos is ubiquitous, so the video is just a natural expansion. However, the technology has never been too good about limiting the image to the actual guest buying the photo. I know that, in legal terms, you're giving them permission to sell your image by entering the park, but I wish they offered some way to opt-out. Now with the magic bands, your opt-out status could easily be tracked and handled on the back end. Replace the opt-outs with Disney characters.
    I always thought when I got off splash mtn that it would be cool if they could superimposed a character over other people in my boat. I would think this wouldn't be to complicated to do, especially now with a magicband pinpointing my exact location on the log.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: