Quantcast Sun block for feet

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun block for feet

As a NYer, we don't have as strong a sun as WDW. Up here I usually wear sandals starting around Easter. What sunblock should I use for foot protection?
    I hope this question is not too stupid sounding.

44 days and counting.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think there is any special kind that you should use. I use a spf 50 (my fair skin burns easy) that is water proof and sweat proof
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you typically use for your body should work just fine for your feet. If you don't use a sunblock at all, I'd go with an SPF 30 in a less greasy formula.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first year I got a sun allergy rash on the top of my feet. I had to wear socks and sandals that covered my feet more fully. Thankfully it didn't itch. I did cover with sun screen before our waterpark day...wondering if that actually made it worse?
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Since I live in Florida and wear sandals on most days, I use sunscreen every day from head to toe. I usually use a basic spray on sun screen with a 30-50 SPF. I tend to vary brands depending on what's on sale. I'd go with something you already like but nothing really heavy or goopy.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Since I live in Florida and wear sandals on most days, I use sunscreen every day from head to toe. I usually use a basic spray on sun screen with a 30-50 SPF. I tend to vary brands depending on what's on sale. I'd go with something you already like but nothing really heavy or goopy.
    We also use the spray-on sunblock pretty much exclusively now; we find it goes on quicker, less sticky and lasts a long time. And it is especially easy to use on the tops of the feet (or in the part of the hair, where I have a tendency to get sunburned).

Keep in mind that there is a skin problem that can crop up at Disney World or any other place with lots of concrete on hot summer days--ankle dermatitis. That's a rash that often shows up around the ankles and lower calves at the end of the day of walking. As far as I know there is nothing that you can do to prevent it (it appears to be a type of heat rash caused by the heat reflected from the pavement). But hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl for really bad cases helps.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And it is especially easy to use on the tops of the feet (or in the part of the hair, where I have a tendency to get sunburned).
    I had a sun burn on my part once and it was horrible. I couldn't brush my hair without pain. I always move my part during the day now, don't do a part or wear a hat if I know I am going to be out all day.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I had a sun burn on my part once and it was horrible. I couldn't brush my hair without pain. I always move my part during the day now, don't do a part or wear a hat if I know I am going to be out all day.
    I'm with you there, Cindy. That is a very painful area to get a burn, not to mention unattractive when you peel!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that there is a skin problem that can crop up at Disney World or any other place with lots of concrete on hot summer days--ankle dermatitis. That's a rash that often shows up around the ankles and lower calves at the end of the day of walking. As far as I know there is nothing that you can do to prevent it (it appears to be a type of heat rash caused by the heat reflected from the pavement). But hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl for really bad cases helps.
    I've only had a problem with that when I've used a spray-on sunscreen. Never have an issue using sunscreen lotion.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

And it is especially easy to use on the tops of the feet (or in the part of the hair, where I have a tendency to get sunburned).
    I'm with you guys on the sunburned part! I wear sunblock and a hat. I can turn fire engine red in just 20 minutes in the sun, just in the part. I also put sunblock on my ears - many people forget them when applying sunblock and they have a tendency to easily burn as well.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: