Quantcast Rides with Wheelchair Return Times

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rides with Wheelchair Return Times

Hello everyone. I'm afraid I'm requesting help/advice again. Sorry. I'm sure I found a list of rides that give wheelchair/scooter users a return time to come back but I'm darned if I can find out now. Anyone know where it is? We can book our Fastpasses in about 3 weeks and don't want to book one for a ride we can get a return time for. Again, thanks and hugs in advance for any help.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have the DAS you can get a return time for any ride. However, unlike the old GAC, from what I've heard Disney isn't handing out DAS much only for mobility issues since most queues can handle wheelchairs or scooters now. The DAS is only for people who can't physically/emotionally wait in the line. If you haven't been to Disney since last fall when they switched the GAC to the DAS make sure to read up on the new system so you'll know what to expect.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but I understand the DAS and how that works. Perhaps I wasn't very clear, sorry. What I meant was that if I understand correctly there are still a few queues which are not wheelchair accessible and you're given a return time to enter the Fastpass line or use an alternate entrance. I wanted to know which rides/attractions don't have wheelchair accessible lines.
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I follow what you're asking now. Maybe someone else will know, but I can't think of any area that does what you're suggesting now. They've revamped some of the queues and added auxiliary entrances so that most everything is accessible now. I've taken my mother with a scooter recently and I can't think of any ride where she was given a return time since the DAS came out (she wasn't using the DAS). I know, for instance, we had that on Small World and some other rides during that transition period from the GAC to the DAS, but the last couple of times it's been all just straight through the queue with the exception of things like Swiss Family Robinson or TTA which aren't wheelchair/ECV accessible. I researched around and couldn't find any other list with return times only which queues are accessible and which aren't. From what I've been able to find out the only return times given now are with the DAS.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

According to Disney this is a list of rides which have a mainstream queue. I would think if a ride is not on the list you would get a return time.

Mainstream queues can be found at these attractions at Walt Disney World Theme Parks:

Magic Kingdom Park
    Astro Orbiter
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Mickey's PhilharMagic
    Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Stitch's Great Escape!
    The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Mgt
    The Hall of Presidents
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
    Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (seasonal)

Epcot Theme Park
    Energy: Ellen's Energy Adventure
    FriendShip Boats
    Imagination!: All attractions
    France: Impressions de France
    Innoventions East
    Innoventions West
    Norway: Maelstrom
    Mission: SPACE
    China: Reflections of China
    Test Track
    The American Adventure theater
    The Land area: All Attractions
    The Seas with Nemo & Friends: All Attractions

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Disney's Hollywood Studios Backlot Tour
    Fantasmic!
    Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
    Muppet*Vision 3D
    Disney Junior–Live On Stage!
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
    Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
    The Great Movie Ride
    The Magic of Disney Animation
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
    Toy Story Mania
    The American Idol Experience

Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
    DINOSAUR
    Expedition Everest
    Festival of The Lion King
    Finding Nemo - The Musical
    Flights of Wonder
    It's Tough To Be A Bug
    Kali River Rapids
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Maharajah Jungle Trek
    Primeval Whirl
    The Boneyard
    TriceraTop Spin
    Pangani Forest
    Exploration Trail
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

As we often travel with "people with wheels", I did some digging on this too. For the vast majority of attractions you would just wait in the regular SB time, or use a FP+ experience.

What does seem to happen at times (seems to be crowd related, so you may or may not have this experience when you go) is that a wheelchair return time is given out. It could happen at any attraction where the regular line isn't accessible, and the most common attractions where this happens appears to be Big Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise at MK and Star Tours at DHS.

I would book your FP+ choices for the attractions you want to do, since the wheelchair return time "pass" is only used as needed for crowd management.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thrilled to hear most lines are now scooter friendly. Do you know if once at the ride you have disembark from the scooter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJBMER View Post
    I'm thrilled to hear most lines are now scooter friendly. Do you know if once at the ride you have disembark from the scooter?
    A complete list of rides and which require transfer can be found here on the Disney site.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

On my last trip in March I was in an EVC because I had fractured my ankle in several places. There were many rides where I could take the EVC into the line, which was wonderful since I couldn't be on my foot for more than a few steps without crutches. There were also many rides that could not accomodate the EVC, but you could transfer into a wheelchair at the entrance of the ride. It is great that Disney had complimentary chairs there for guests. However, often these chairs had seen better days. The wheels were frequently very flat or would get stuck. it made it tough for the person who had to push me around. Space Mountain was a nightmare going up and down those hills with a wheelchair that barely moved. It was something we brought to the attention of a couple people in management so hopefully they will give those wheelchairs some attention. There were also some rides that would give you a ticket to come back because of stairs leading to the ride. Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain gave us a slip of paper with a time to return equal to the time of the line. I am guessing Splash Mountain might have the same policy.It was not open when we were there, At Spaceship Earth we parked inside and boarded at the exit. Everyone I encountered was super helpful and accomodating. Hope this helps! Have a great trip!
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Hubby and I are currently sitting here working out which park, which day and which rides to Fastpass
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

So how does this work on rides where you exit at a completely different area than where you enter? Like Pirates for example? I'm asking because my parents are heading down in November and my dad needs a scooter to get around because of his back.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, I was looking for that info as well.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Last time (in 2012) on Pirates a CM had bought hubby's wheelchair to the exit dock. Can't remember any other rides where you get off at a different place to getting on.
    POFQ Sept 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is the best with wheelchairs.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: