Quantcast A million brazillion tourists

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A million brazillion tourists

Hundreds of Brazillion tourists everywhere in the parks, but other than the chanting, they seem very well behaved- especially the group leaders.
    They allowed our family to go in front of them on the bus, and try hard to keep their groups together.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    Hundreds of Brazillion tourists everywhere in the parks, but other than the chanting, they seem very well behaved- especially the group leaders.
    They allowed our family to go in front of them on the bus, and try hard to keep their groups together.
    Wait - is it hundreds of tourists or brazillions of tourists. Hundreds I could probably deal with but brazillions of tourists would totally clog the parks.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Very refreshing to hear. Every time we have encountered the large Brazilian tour groups (not even just at WDW, but everywhere) they have tended to be the rudest bunch of travelers EVER.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I firmly disagree. My family and I returned from a week at WDW, July 6-13th. By mid week we had enough. We do not go to hear the screaming chants of rude visitors. We are all there to enjoy ourselves. We were at EPCOT. The tour group was loudly chanting at Spaceship Earth. There was at least 30 feet of space between the tour group and the next guests in line. The group was glaring at the other guests in line and shouting there chant. We approached a security guard and were told to go report it to Guest Services. We could still hear the chants as we boarded the monorail. We mentioned it to other cast members and were told there is nothing that can be done! EXCUSE ME? We returned to BLT and reported this to the manager on duty. He emailed the POP Century manager. Within 15 minutes he notified us that there had been MULTIPLE complaints and would be meeting with the "leaders" when they returned to the hotel.

Earlier in our week we had mentioned the behavior to other Cast members. We learned they are only allowed to stay at the All Star POP resort now and are required to put down a huge security deposit due to their history of TRASHING the hotel rooms.

We have been going to WDW since 1991. This is the first time I felt uncomfortable. I am still appalled security did nothing and the groups are allowed to misbehave. I am sure if I was unruly, I would be dealt with immediately.

I do not know what they are chanting but their body language and tone were very negative.

It is non-sense that "Nothing can be done about their behavior".
    Have a zippity doo-da day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 1goofydad View Post
    Earlier in our week we had mentioned the behavior to other Cast members. We learned they are only allowed to stay at the All Star POP resort now and are required to put down a huge security deposit due to their history of TRASHING the hotel rooms.

We have been going to WDW since 1991. This is the first time I felt uncomfortable. I am still appalled security did nothing and the groups are allowed to misbehave. I am sure if I was unruly, I would be dealt with immediately.

I do not know what they are chanting but their body language and tone were very negative.

Wow! That is a bit of bright light that they have limited where they can go, but the poor people at POP!! I guess they consider the chanting to be at the same caliber as the flash picture taking folks on rides ~ annoying to other guests but hard to stop. Would be interesting to know what they had been chanting . . .

Alas, our experiences with them in the past have also been negative and we try to avoid the heavy BTG times of the year.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

For the record, what ARE the heavy "BTG" times of year"? (Since we are looking at Pop for our next trip)
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Usually January and July if I recall

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Usually January and July if I recall

This is correct. I think we lucked out a few weeks ago, being at WDW during the World Cup. There were definitely groups there (although a lot from Argentina this year as well), but not like I thought it would be. Seems many stayed home for the World Cup.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there last week we saw about 50 of them get in the single rider line for Test Track. The stand by time was only 50 min. I had to laugh because I thought there was no way they were going to be all done riding before the 50 minutes. Well by the time I got to the front I noticed that only a few of them had gotten on at that point and saw them waiting on the floor at the exit. That just ruins it for the actual single riders. They should just close single rider lines to tour groups it is just rude.

In addition during the time it was raining they would just sit on the floor all over the gift shops etc.. it was very annoying. Other than that I dont mind them, them chanting and singing just means they are having a good time and I don't mind seeing others enjoying themselves.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

I love the brazillions. I think they add to the fun and make the park lively. They have always been polite, and they are cheerful, just having fun. Nothing wrong with that!
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

OP, then you are very lucky. I've had many bad experiences with the tour groups
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I wish we had known they were exiled to POP before my DW & I booked a 5 night stay there for next month.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1goofydad View Post
    I firmly disagree. My family and I returned from a week at WDW, July 6-13th. By mid week we had enough. We do not go to hear the screaming chants of rude visitors. We are all there to enjoy ourselves. We were at EPCOT. The tour group was loudly chanting at Spaceship Earth. There was at least 30 feet of space between the tour group and the next guests in line. The group was glaring at the other guests in line and shouting there chant. We approached a security guard and were told to go report it to Guest Services. We could still hear the chants as we boarded the monorail. We mentioned it to other cast members and were told there is nothing that can be done! EXCUSE ME? We returned to BLT and reported this to the manager on duty. He emailed the POP Century manager. Within 15 minutes he notified us that there had been MULTIPLE complaints and would be meeting with the "leaders" when they returned to the hotel.

I don't understand why you firmly disagree with me. In all your paragraphs, the only thing you stated that you personally witnessed was the loud chanting.
    That's exactly what I said I witnessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    When we were there last week we saw about 50 of them get in the single rider line for Test Track. The stand by time was only 50 min. I had to laugh because I thought there was no way they were going to be all done riding before the 50 minutes. Well by the time I got to the front I noticed that only a few of them had gotten on at that point and saw them waiting on the floor at the exit. That just ruins it for the actual single riders. They should just close single rider lines to tour groups it is just rude.

The single rider line is merely for folks who want to fill in the single seats. It's not important for them to sit with their party. It doesn't mean it's for people who entered the park by them self that day.
    You'd rather have empty seats go around? Putting your groups, or anyone, in the single rider line makes the standby line shorter.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not true they only stay at Values. They were at Caribbean Beach a few weeks ago. Thankfully it looks like the powers that be isolated them to only Trinidad North, but they are still stating common areas.

The chanting is the least of my worries, although that is uncalled for and annoying, especially depending on where you are. But I've had friends who have had horrible 'group mentality' type things happen to them involving these groups, and it shouldn't be allowed. Period! Unfortunately, the idea of hiring the Brazilian CM's as liaisons has seemed to be somewhat a failure.

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    This is correct. I think we lucked out a few weeks ago, being at WDW during the World Cup. There were definitely groups there (although a lot from Argentina this year as well), but not like I thought it would be. Seems many stayed home for the World Cup.
    So, does that mean they will be there for my 2 weeks August 2-16?
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    So, does that mean they will be there for my 2 weeks August 2-16?
    They see ALWAYS there and have been for almost 20 years.

January and July, as mentioned earlier, are peak months, but that doesn't mean they don't go during the other 10 months.

Post Thanks / Like

There was more we witnessed but did not get into on this site. I did say they were rude and unruly.
    I was told by the manager on duty about them staying at POP and All Stars, But then again I was also told they were not to act the way they did and there was nothing that could be done. That is also not true because while waiting for the Light Motor action show, a cast member signaled them to stop chanting, and they stopped.....for about 5 minutes. He came out again and told them enough, and they stopped it for good.
    It is my understanding they go Dec, Jan and Feb and also June July and August.
    We save to go and enjoy the trip, not to deal with what we had to and not to be told oh sorry, we can't do anything. That is my opinion as others have there opinion and enjoy the groups.
    I have always thought of Disney to be a family vacation, not a place for unsupervised teens with one leader per group.
    We have been there many time over the years with the tour groups and this is the first time we experienced poor behavior from the groups and the Cast Members.Again this is my opinion and had you seen and heard the behavior that day at EPCOT you may agree.
    Have a zippity doo-da day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    They see ALWAYS there and have been for almost 20 years.

January and July, as mentioned earlier, are peak months, but that doesn't mean they don't go during the other 10 months.
    Posting from my phone = spelling and grammatical errors.

I apologize.

I blame john for not having an app.

Post Thanks / Like

The single rider line is merely for folks who want to fill in the single seats. It's not important for them to sit with their party. It doesn't mean it's for people who entered the park by them self that day.
    You'd rather have empty seats go around? Putting your groups, or anyone, in the single rider line makes the standby line shorter.
    I dont believe that was where the poster you commented was going. there are 2 thoughts on how to handle a group that large. sure you could send them through the single rider line but what that does is add a group 50 large or more into the line which skews the single rider time wait limit or you sent them through the normal stand by line which means you can get 10 cars out while still using 1 from the single rider if your in the group why not enjoy the ride as a group. the other thing is when you are in a tour group it is important to be with your group at all time they have those itinerary down pat and dont like it when one or two straggle off
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: