Quantcast Get Ready to Experience 'Frozen' Summer Fun- Live at Disney's Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get Ready to Experience 'Frozen' Summer Fun- Live at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Parks Blog 6/26/2014, Shawn Slater

Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new event.
    aedhse189737

This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long special event, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!

Here are some of the highlights:

Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!

Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.

For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”

Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.

“Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!

“Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”

I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!

If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the rumor posted a few days ago was right...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Looks like the rumor posted a few days ago was right...
    Yep, hopefully it will take away some of the Frozen stress!
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    Yep, hopefully it will take away some of the Frozen stress!
    Maybe, but I don't see a meet and greet in there, unless I missed it.. TDO add something WITHOUT a meet and greet? But I do see entertainment once again goes to those sickening dance parties... Don't anyone in Entertainment know how to do anything else???? I'm sure the 5 year old girls will eat it up though...

Everything else sounds fine for a Summer addition... Especially the fireworks show...

If this proves to be popular (and I'm sure it will be), MAYBE they will reconsider their idiotic idea of shoehorning Frozen into an area it doesn't belong... And do the right thing, a real land in either DHS or MK... Keep it out of Epcot!!!!

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Yup my first observation was also "where's the meet and greet?" This all sounds fabulous, but people still want to meet these gals! I love that they incorporated Oaken's Trading Post. That might be our favorite little scene. "Yoo hoo, big summer blowout!"
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a sizable effort, nice job Disney. This is about the same amount of things that they do for Star Wars. If they want to tag on a Meet and Greet I'm sure they can fit it after the Sing-A-Long or put it at Oaken's.

I would like to see this lessen the Anna & Elsa burden on the other parks. It would be nice if some other Princesses make it back into the Fairytale Hall.

Post Thanks / Like

It's smart...DHS needs something to draw people over to it.

Disney never predicted the popularity of Frozen, and the impact these Princesses have had on their kingdom!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

From a Q&A:

Will Guests be able to meet Anna and Else at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
    Anna and Elsa will be making appearances as part of the Royal Welcome, “Frozen” Sing-Along, and “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular. Princess Fairytale Hall at Magic Kingdom Park will continue to serve as the meet and greet location for Anna and Elsa.

Will Guests be able to meet Olaf in the park?
    Olaf will be appearing during this event on screen and in announcements heard throughout the park. At this time, Olaf is not available for character greetings at Disney Parks.

Will Disney FastPass+ service be available for any experiences as part of this event?
    Disney FastPass+ service will not be available at this time for the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.
    So, still doesn't sound like there is a meet and greet... They don't really answer other than saying the characters are making appearances, but they make sure to reiterate the meet and greet in MK... I'd say no meet and greet in DHS...

Post Thanks / Like

Will Guests be able to meet Olaf in the park?
    Olaf will be appearing during this event on screen and in announcements heard throughout the park. At this time, Olaf is not available for character greetings at Disney Parks.
    This tells me they are leaving the door open for creating a meet and greet area for Olaf.

I agree with Cindy's comment on reducing Frozen stress. While there won't be a meet and greet for Anna and Elsa, I think all these experiences will spread out the Frozen fans. I think the show in the Premiere Theater will be very popular!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    It's smart...DHS needs something to draw people over to it.

Disney never predicted the popularity of Frozen, and the impact these Princesses have had on their kingdom!

Julie

I love this! The studios needed something different. The fireworks is what I will enjoy the most.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

what is the date of the first show?
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    what is the date of the first show?
    It is supposed to run 7/5 through 9/1.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Any guesses/rumors as to the size/length of the fireworks display? I mean it's Disney so I know we're going to get more than a guy behind the hat with a few bottle rockets, but is this going to be a Wishes level fireworks or what?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe we live in a world that has Frozen stress and yet, here we are!!

I will be there July 5 posting live to INTERCOT's Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Keep an eye out!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Any guesses/rumors as to the size/length of the fireworks display? I mean it's Disney so I know we're going to get more than a guy behind the hat with a few bottle rockets, but is this going to be a Wishes level fireworks or what?
    Just guessing, but I wouldn't expect them to last more than 10 minutes... I mean, how many times can you play let it Go to fireworks before the crowd needs straight jackets... People think Small World is annoying cause of the song, Let it Go is right up there... It was shoved down our throats so much, the song has become annoying now...

In all honesty, I wouldn't expect more than 10-15 minutes...

Post Thanks / Like

Well Wishes is about 12 minutes, as is Illuminations, so if this firework show is right in that range I think it's Fantastic....now Studios has two night time shows! I am a little surprised there is no meet and greet.

And what is this talk about us being "stuck" with Beauty and the Beast show?! That show is wonderful and B&B is a Disney classic. I really think you are underestimating the staying power of Frozen. You don't make a billion dollars and then get forgotten. Frozen is probably going to go down in the same breath as little mermaid, B&B, Aladdin, and Lion King.

Post Thanks / Like

YIPEE!!!

Except I'm going to DL this summer but this will be good for the Frozen fans
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good ... but I really wish there was an Olaf M&G in the plans.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference. Alice and Pirates are love action. Frozen is animated. The theme parks have always heavily favored the animated movies over the live action.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Burton's Alice was too weird for a theme park... And um, Pirates forgotten? There is an attraction, it is called Pirates of the Caribbean which now features Jack Sparrow and Barbossa, the mermaids from 4 make an appearance though they have been unseen lately... I'd hardly say Pirates is forgotten...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: