Quantcast DAS-fast pass

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DAS-fast pass

Post Thanks / Like

Default DAS-fast pass

So I'm wondering, the fast pass system is stabilizing a little bit. What's your perception of that and how does DAS effect the fast pass system?

You still get a fast pass?

Does DAS make getting a fast pass a moot point?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DAS essentially operates like a fastpass now since you're given a specific return time, but it doesn't make fastpass a moot point. You can still book regular fastpasses for your family.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Ideally, you'll do a mixture of both. Especially since you can only have 1 DAS return time at a time, having FP+ as well can still be important.

Especially for the rides with long wait times, FP+ is the only way to shorten the wait, since you'll have to wait until you use your DAS time to get another.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Cool DAS + Fastpass+

Where do you go to receive a DAS Pass?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    At MK, City Hall (on the left as you enter), but I'm not familiar with the procedure--What questions do they ask, and would I need to bring anything?
    You don't need to bring anything. Just go to Guest Relations and tell them you need the Disability Access Service (DAS) card and they'll guide you through the registration process, which is pretty simple. It's a photo-id card so that only the registered guest can use it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    You don't need to bring anything. Just go to Guest Relations and tell them you need the Disability Access Service (DAS) card and they'll guide you through the registration process, which is pretty simple. It's a photo-id card so that only the registered guest can use it.

Once you get it, no need to get another when going to another Park on different days? AnD no need to bring Doctor's Note of Disability?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

No, you'll just need one DAS (and one trip to Guest Services) for your whole trip.

You don't need anything from your doctor, just explain to the CM what your needs are and they will get you all sorted.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Can your family stay together if only one person has the DAS card? My oldest has Aspergers and waiting is not pleasant sometimes but he so badly wants to go to Disney. I also have 4 yr old twins so I can't really split up as I am a single mom now too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalND View Post
    Can your family stay together if only one person has the DAS card? My oldest has Aspergers and waiting is not pleasant sometimes but he so badly wants to go to Disney. I also have 4 yr old twins so I can't really split up as I am a single mom now too.
    A DAS can be used in a party of up to six people total. You won't have to split up.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default advice for a very apprehensive mom

But here is my question as a mom to a special boy with autism and dev delays who has made all the trips he has ever known to WDW with the old GAC where there was no waiting except what was in the fast pass line or at the exits...Definitely no turning away from the attraction he is looking forward to riding in his experiences..

We go again in September and I am afraid to see how he is going to react when we go up to an attraction (say Soarin) and the wait is 60 minutes and we have to push him away in his wheel chair after getting his DAS time. At that point, there will be a melt down to end all melt downs because we are not going to continue to the ride he loves as we have the past seven years....how am I supposed to plan for this? He does not understand the changes that have taken place and it is very hard to explain the simplest things to him. And I mean, Soarin is pretty far from other attractions (as many of the attractions are)...so we are supposed to go somewhere for 45 minutes (15 at least of which will be spent trying to bring him out of his meltdown - which includes biting his hand hard enough to draw blood)? I cant really get anywhere else in that amount of time and ride. Someone please give me some insight to this. We have so many other things to worry about with our son, that adding this extra layer of stress is very scary to me.

I am willing to try anything but I also know the limitations of my son. I just need some advice from others that have the same sort of issues with their child..how have you handled?

Everyday he 'talks' about his WDW trips in his own way. Not going is not an option.

TIA.
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had a child that needed the extra care and love that you are dealing with, but my suggestion would be to use both the DAS and Fast Pass +. For the FP+ in advance I would have the attractions, like Soarin' that he loves most, ready to walk up and go on. For the DAS I would try to divert his attention while someone went got the come back time of the other attractions. I know they have a picture of the DAS holder on it and they must be there to use it, but my guess is if you explained the issue to a CM they would be able to work around it for you. Does this at all seem doable for you?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

With the new program, your son will NOT have to be present to get a return time. As long as you are not the only other person with him, you can send someone else with the DAS card to get the return time. In the case of Soarin, take him somewhere nearby outside the pavilion while someone else obtains the return time, or use FP+ to secure your "must do" rides.

And, I know it is hard but start working your son through situations where things don't go as expected, to help him build up the ability to be okay when there are unexpected issues. Even with all the FP and DAS return times, rides still go down, so him being able to understand "we will come back later" will be a huge help. How old is your son now? We have found with our two boys that as they get older, their ability to be flexible has increased exponentially. We still have tears and meltdowns sometimes, but they are FAR less.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: