Quantcast Pool Time!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pool Time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pool Time!

What is the best resort POOL??? As crazy as this might sound: my Hubby, boys & I just want to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy the pool, and other fun stuff around the resort(s) w/o going to the parks...so what pool is the most fun?! Slides, kiddy pool, splash pad? My boys are 2yr & 1yr old ...Thanks!

Just keep swimming ..just keep swimming..
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yacht/Beach club - hands down in my opinion!! For the little ones they have a kiddie area where the kids can play in the white sand right in the water! And if you order a kiddie meal from the counter service outside, it is served in a little pail with a shovel so the kids can use that to have more fun. When we were there in May, I also saw parents floating in the lazy river with their babies in their own personal "baby floaties" (the ones with the sunshade) that they brought from home so that is allowed as well. And of course YC/BC has the cool shipwreck waterslide that also has a kiddie area on the first level! We like to go to BC just to get a few days rest w/o going into the parks so it is a perfect area for R&R!! There are also things to do/places to eat at the Boardwalk which is easy walking distance away.

Happy Planning!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

YC/BC for sure! The pool is amazing and the general resort atmosphere is outstanding. Being on Crescent Lake makes for lots of great nearby restaurants. Also, you can do the surrey bike around the lake (there are seats in front for the kids...similar to a supermarket cart). The Swan/Dolphin resort has an amazing playground that is easy to walk to as well. You can watch the Boardwalk entertainers at night. You can see some fireworks from Illuminations as well. It's a very fun location.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you, my response also goes immediately to the pool at BC/YC - it's an amazing and fun pool to play at. But with a 1 and 2 yr-old, I'm thinking the pools at AKL are very fun, as well. The relatively new pool on the Kidani side is lots of fun for kids. And whichever pool you use at AKL, they are within a short walk of seeing animals on one of the savannahs.

I believe that almost all the pools at Disney have their afternoon pool parties, too - lots of music and fun and games for the kids. You really can enjoy a large portion of your day at a Disney pool - weather permitting!! Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

The issue with AKL on a "no parks" trip is how remote it is and the lack of recreational options there.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Beach club yacht club has a great pool and lots of entertainment at the boardwalk. WL is also a great pool. It is not big but nice and the quiet pool is awesome. There is also a lot to do boating , biking, and the campgrounds are nearby with a petting area and horses.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Share This Thread On Social Media: