Quantcast Paleo CS Options?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paleo CS Options?

Has anyone tried to follow a paleo diet at Disney World? I've checked the TS menus and have reservations at Coral Reef and Rain Forest where I've notated that I don't eat gluten or dairy, but I would like to know if anyone has had success with paleo at the CS locations. I'm not 100% strict, but am afraid that my system won't handle the change well if I stray too far. Thanks in advance!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know a lot about Paleo, but I pretty much avoid any grain, white potato or processed carb. The first thing that came to mind was Cosmic Rays in MK. You can get the 1/2 a chicken and green beans lunch (just don't eat the mashed potatos) or the ribs and chicken combo in the evening.
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

You can look through up-to-date CS menus on many sites, including the official Disney site. I think you'll find that there are suitable options in many locations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You can always sub fruit and sometimes carrots for fries at most CS locations. There are things like the turkey legs and pork shank. Salads are also readily available. You can eat a burger or chicken sandwich without the bun, etc. Breakfast will probably be your biggest challenge, as pastries and carb heavy items tend to rule that scene. Eggs (real ones) are hard to come by unless you do TS. You may want to bring something for breakfast that you can eat in your room or on the go.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You can always sub fruit and sometimes carrots for fries at most CS locations. There are things like the turkey legs and pork shank. Salads are also readily available. You can eat a burger or chicken sandwich without the bun, etc. Breakfast will probably be your biggest challenge, as pastries and carb heavy items tend to rule that scene. Eggs (real ones) are hard to come by unless you do TS. You may want to bring something for breakfast that you can eat in your room or on the go.
    Agree with this. While I don't really do hard core Paleo, I do avoid all wheat based grains & starches. I stick with sprouted and ancient grains, then lots of veggies, some meats, some fruit.

I do bring snacks from time to time like nuts. I do love doing places like Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill because of the toppings bar. That when when I do a burger for example, I can add extra toppings like lettuce, tomato, onions.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: