Quantcast Fast Pass + Simple question: do you love it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass + Simple question: do you love it?

I am getting really excited about the FP+ system and I was wondering what is the general consensus on it by people who have had a chance TO REALLY use it, that were used to the old system.

Obv there is no longer an issue of people throwing a fit about not being able to use their FP after the window closes? Anyone have any tips of when they request which rides first, etc.

Also if DH and I have a FP for say, Expedition Everest. Can we get in line with each our kids and do the whole parent swap thing
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

The only issue I have with it is the app. Back when I used the app to use FP+ in November, it was not at all user friendly and I felt like I was using a lot of the trip trying to get the technology to work out correctly. I don't like spending vacation staring at my phone or trying to find FP+ kiosks.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in March and Loved It, changed FP+ on the go if we needed to on our phones. Can't wait for July to try FP+ 2.0
    76 CR,80 Offsite,82 CR, 85 Offsite, 88/89 GF,
    91 Dolphin, 93 DxL,94 WL,94 POLY,
    97 Offsite, 99 CSR, 02 ASMo, 03/04 ASMo
    04 POR, 05 POR, 08 POR, 10 ASMu FS,
    12 ASMu FS, 14 ASMo,
    POR, 15 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We were there two weeks ago, and I don't know that I love it but it's not terrible. I had no problems with the app and the ability to change a FP from anywhere in the park was nice, but at the same time the stuff you really need/want FPs for are probably not going to be available if you are trying to do a same day edit.

Post Thanks / Like

We were just there in April and I had mixed feelings before we went if I was going to like it. And I must say that we really did love using it. We were able to change times or attractions right from the convenience of our phone. I really liked knowing once we got to the park, we already had FP for the rides and didn't have to go running through the park to try and get a FP. I can't wait to go back and use it again...
    00 Cont, 01 CBR/WL,02 ASMo/Poly, 03 ASSp/AKL
    04 Pop/YC/Poly/ASMu, 05 POR/CSR/AKL
    06 POFQ/Poly/GF/BW, 07 CSR/SSR/AKL,
    08 POR/Pop/Pop 09 Poly/Poly, 10 BLT/Poly,
    11 POR,12 Pop, 13 Pop, 14 WL, 15 Pop/Pop
    16 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the new system except only being able to pick 3 from same park. We always park hop so will be even happier if that is changed in near future.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

We used Fast Pass + when we were at WDW in January for Marathon Weekend.

We were participating in the Dopey Challenge, so we went to the Expo on Wednesday morning and were running daily each morning from Thursday through Sunday.

Fast Pass + worked beautifully for us in this situation. It was so great to know that even though I might not be at rope drop, I was still going to be able to ride an e ticket attraction with little wait.

The days were shorter during that time of year and for some reason AK was open until 7 one evening... I was able to schedule a ride on Everest at dusk. AK is a beautiful park at night, and Everest is amazing in the dark.

So great to show up and get a ride in and then be on your way.

I have no complaints with the way it works with the runDisney events - in fact I loved it. When we participate in the longer distances, we try to conserve our energy and steps so it worked well to schedule ride times get what you want to do done and then get on back to the resort to rest up.

I have not, however, used it to tour in a regular vacation scenario.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely love FP+. We are currently using it and have enjoyed the fact that we don't have to run through the parks to get a FP. For example we have a 2:00 FP today for TSM. It's nice to know we have our time already booked. We plan on hanging around our resort and enjoy the pool this morning. We also like to park hop. The other day we were in DHS - used our FP's and went to MK at night. We went to FP+ kiosk and obtained a FP for Space Mtn. for an hour later. It was fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

We used it for the first time at the end of April/beginning of May. There were definitely pros and cons. It was a little stressful in the planning process. We were just hoping we were making the right choices for the right times, and in retrospect, I think we mostly got it right.

We had 8 park days and decided not to schedule any FPs for the last few days. At the beginning of our trip it was definitely more crowded than we're used to and we absolutely benefited from having those FPs. Not to mention, we were able to ride TSM for the first time ever. There were a couple of cases where the standby line was actually quicker than our FP line, so obviously it didn't benefit us in those cases.

It was also weird for us to have such a scheduled day. We're used to touring the parks at our leisure and getting the odd FP here and there. This made things feel a little more rushed. DH compared it to the days when we would have the meal plan and a sit down meal reserved every day (which we no longer do). I'm sure part of the stress involved was just getting used to a new system and feeling a little disconcerted at altering our routine. Hopefully, we'll be more in the groove on future visits!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Awful, just awful.

The new FP system is beyond awful. I have been visiting Disney parks for 40 years. I have never hated something Disney has done this much in my life, including that Stitch abomination. I am currently visiting WDW as I am writing this and I can assure you, I will NOT be renewing my AP until they figure this out. I NEVER abused the original FP system, ever, and loved it. This 3 FP ****, combined with people choosing their FP long before they arrive has virtually removed all spontaneity from a WDW vacation. I cannot express my disgust properly. This will go down as Disney's grandest folly. This is the exact opposite of magical.
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't LOVE it, but it didn't hate it either. Everything worked just fine. I didn't like having to schedule our FPs 60 days out from our vacation. It made me feel like I had to schedule every single minute of our vacation. I also didn't like having to have three in one park before we could schedule a new one. There is usually only one or two rides we want to FP in each park, and then we park hop. However, it was great to be able to tell the kids way ahead of our trip that we ABSOLUTELY would be riding Soarin', TSM, etc. There are a few bugs to work out, but it'll get there!

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, those who have used the FP+, do you make all your FP ressies at the 60 day mark, or closer to your trip? I can deal with the new system (even though I found no fault with the old system if enforced), and I can get used to this one, but I just don't want to feel like I have to schedule EVERYTHING so far ahead (meals, tours, shows, etc no problem there), so if I wait until 30 days or a couple weeks before, should this work? I figure I am generally a park "opener" anyways, so I should be able to get to the top tier attractions early anyway on standby.

Also not a fan of the tiering system at EPCOT and DHS. Opinions?
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

MargaretMessler, I found that the earlier ahead of time that I made our FP+, the earlier in the day they were. The ones I went back in and "monkeyed around" with closer to our trip, ended up being late afternoon to evening. Depends on your park tackling strategy, I suppose. I like the earlier FPs because then I can park hop later and schedule additional FPs after the first three.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Question and Post. Makes us feel better. Never used bands or Fast Pass+.
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested to see the like/dislike scale graphed by age of user. I'm not saying our seniors aren't tech savvy, but it has to be frustrating if you're not carrying a smart phone.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'd be interested to see the like/dislike scale graphed by age of user. I'm not saying our seniors aren't tech savvy, but it has to be frustrating if you're not carrying a smart phone.
    This would be a very interesting stat to consider, also demographically by where guests are coming from (US versus UK, etc.) Undoubtedly more of the younger generations are carrying smartphones than seniors; however, I am the former (and a very happy smartphone user) & I just don't want to feel pressured to plan so far ahead. The tech I'm fine with, I love that part. If it were maybe a closer timeframe than 60 days...
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamatedd View Post
    MargaretMessler, I found that the earlier ahead of time that I made our FP+, the earlier in the day they were. The ones I went back in and "monkeyed around" with closer to our trip, ended up being late afternoon to evening. Depends on your park tackling strategy, I suppose. I like the earlier FPs because then I can park hop later and schedule additional FPs after the first three.
    With few exceptions I would probably follow the same strategy (grab early FPs then hop). How does it work exactly? Do you enter your choice of date and park, then the system assigns you a time? Or does it generate a list and you click off which ones you want? Like, the system may think 10am is preferable, but I might prefer 5pm based on my schedule.

Forgive all the questions, this is all new from my last trip, and I just want to be well versed for when the time comes.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    With few exceptions I would probably follow the same strategy (grab early FPs then hop). How does it work exactly? Do you enter your choice of date and park, then the system assigns you a time? Or does it generate a list and you click off which ones you want? Like, the system may think 10am is preferable, but I might prefer 5pm based on my schedule.

Forgive all the questions, this is all new from my last trip, and I just want to be well versed for when the time comes.
    Well, I hope someone comes along, smarter than me, to better answer your question. You enter your choices and get options A, B or C-all different schedules. You choose which best fits your schedule. It will tell you if it conflicts with a ADR. I have heard of people being able to change the time of a FP, but I had no luck at it. However, everything else worked rather smoothly for us. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

We actually used the FP+ system more than we ever used the old system.
    We hop almost everyday of our trips, and the old system actually threw a kink in our wont to mix things up. (stand in line, get a FP for several hours later, meant we were 'stuck' at that park for that long...)
    I didn't schedule 60 days in advance, probably closer to 30. My goal was to get a fastpass for our favs in each park, which I did. We didn't have fastpasses for each day of our trip, but the days we did, we knew we could hang at one park in the morning and make it to our FP's in another park later in the day.
    Really, because of the way we play, the new system works better for us.
    The app, on the other hand....
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older iPhone and could not use the app. Still like the new system. I would suggest getting your FP for really popular rides as soon as you can and you can change your mind closer to trip , if you want.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: