Quantcast Frozen brings Hollywood Studios style "rope drop" to The Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frozen brings Hollywood Studios style "rope drop" to The Magic Kingdom

My wife told me she read that the MK has been forced to walk people down Main Street behind a wall of Cast Members at park opening in order to keep the peace as people sprint to the Frozen character meets in Fantasyland. Google confirmed her story, and I had not seen it on Intercot, so I thought I would post it.

I guess with Frozen and the Mine Train combined, they may have to start running armored SWAT trucks down Main Street instead of horseless carriages!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see them doing that since they did the same thing at Hollywood studios when they opened TSM.
    CBR-Jan 28-Feb 5 2010
    AKL-Dec 2008
    CBR- Oct. 2006
    POR-May 2005
    All Star Movies-Oct. 2003 [kids first trip]
    Coronado-Oct. 2000 [2nd. honeymoon]
    CBR-Oct. 1995 [honeymoon 1st. trip ever]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I guess with Frozen and the Mine Train combined, they may have to start running armored SWAT trucks down Main Street instead of horseless carriages!
    With Water Cannons....
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I find that sad myself. That adults would behave in a such a way, dragging children through the park. I get wanting to see something so badly, but not at the risk of hurting self or others. Nothing is worth that.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that people were trying to cut through the stores so they even had to have cast members at each door that would not let people out until the rope line went past. Glad we have fast passes for our trip coming up next week.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    Glad we have fast passes for our trip coming up next week.
    a BIG Ditto.... not to mention 7DMT... (next month for us)

Never got a BOG lunch FP (Yet).... but I can live without it... 2 outa 3 ain't bad.
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see this. The CMs would often stop people from running by yelling to stop running, but of course, that lasted .5 seconds.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am glad the cast members are doing this, just to keep the chaos to a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine that being an enjoyable way to start your day at any of the parks. Sounds really stressful. We'd rather miss out on something than deal with being in that kind of situation.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't understand this myself, all i have to say is what's up with people these days, is it that important to run and potentially injure yourself and others just to go see some frozen characters for all of 5 seconds and to ride a ride? this is why you go early and stay late so that you can patiently await going on rides and seeing characters,(that's if you don't have fp of course) i mean i get it, we use to go every year when our daughter was young and she wanted to go run to the characters and rides and we would have to explain to her that running wasn't an option with so many people around and that the characters and rides weren't going anywhere. now that me and dw go by ourselves (dd is since married and kids of her own) we have even a calmer pace to our wdw enjoyment, boy im rambling sorry, it just gets me going when i read what wdw has to do because some people have to act like clowns

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

This kind of behavior is nothing new, so it doesn't surprise me. My husband has vivid memories of running with his family to Dumbo first thing in the morning in the late 80s. Is it stupid? Sure. But people get caught up in the heat of the moment. So they do what they have to do to make sure everyone stays safe.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I know someone that recently ran from the front gate to the Frozen characters in under 4 minutes so the rope must be very recent
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I can't imagine that being an enjoyable way to start your day at any of the parks. Sounds really stressful. We'd rather miss out on something than deal with being in that kind of situation.
    I agree, I can't think of anything that is so awesome that it is worth the hassle of getting up early and waiting an hour for the parks to open and then elbowing other parents and kids in a huge crowd. All of this is in the name of making "magic" for your child? I think it is a pretty awful lesson to teach your kids.

If we don't get a FastPass we will just skip this one.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

And now with the Mine Train open....oy. I see this as the way things will be for a long while.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frozen Characters Meet and Greet

While Frozen is new and (pun intended) hot, I wish they would handle M&G demand like Mickey's "dressing room" (shh... several pairs of sisters in several rooms simultaneously).

Dummy question: if the Frozen meet and greet a FP attraction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post

Dummy question: if the Frozen meet and greet a FP attraction?

Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw a 210 minute wait for a photo with the Frozen princesses. I thought about getting Frozen costumes for DW and DD18 and taking photos myself.

Are there Frozen costumes anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    With Water Cannons....
    OMG! Now THAT would be funny
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: