Quantcast Disney Visa Free Dine 2014 version - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    It's simple for my family of 5. We can do WDW only when a big discount like free DDP is offered. We got the offer in Dec 2012 to stay at POFQ when my 5th was only 1 1/2yo. But now that she's 3, I have only one affordable option. And Disney decided that a WDW trip wasn't happening for me this year when they left Riverside off the list.

Riverside is definitely my least fav of the mods, but it's the only one that could fit us. I can't spend the extra $1400 it would cost for a FW Cabin, and I definitely can't do a deluxe without selling some organs on the black market. Shoot, even with free DDP it was going to be a stretch for us to fly out there. But the decision was taken out of our hands. I suppose a few days in Disneyland will have to hold me over for now.
    Sounds like we have one angry Gator and one angry Ghost. I feel the exact same way, only difference is that I don't have Disneyland as an option.

Our dates would be right after Thanksgiving, which in 2010 and again in 2012 were part of the offer, now not. Only way would be for us to bump up our vacation to 11/20 and go over Thanksgiving. While that could work, not my first choice because of crowd levels and kids school. But even if I wanted to, my only real option would be to book at a deluxe as POR has been our best option the past two visits. Free dining isn't near enough to get me into a deluxe.

My only hope, other than staying off-property, is that the offer will be expanded later in the summer. This was an early offering compared to the last several years, so I'm hoping that maybe availability and such might allow for the offer to expand in both dates and locations.

If not, it would probably take a 35-40% deluxe discount to get us down there, and I don't see that happening.

I guess I'll be watching more closer what AP rate discounts give.

Frustrating.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    If I recall in 2012 and maybe last year as well, there were follow up offers that at least expanded the date ranges of the initial offer.
    I hope that happens. Our family is going in mid october, and we were kind of wanting to go around the same time just for a couple days so husband and I can have a date night.

They would get free dining too which would be awesome for them.

I don't actually understand why the whole month of October is blacked out almost? Why is that? Does it have anything to do with the FW festival and wanting people to be sure to spend plenty of $$ at it?
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I hope that happens. Our family is going in mid october, and we were kind of wanting to go around the same time just for a couple days so husband and I can have a date night.

They would get free dining too which would be awesome for them.

I don't actually understand why the whole month of October is blacked out almost? Why is that? Does it have anything to do with the FW festival and wanting people to be sure to spend plenty of $$ at it?
    We don't usually go in October, so I don't normally track what happens in that period, but I'm wondering if the popularity and the number of dates of MNSSHP has something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a free dining offer sent to my email , five nights six day stay requirement only exclusion I saw was three bedroom villas plus dates 10/19-11/1 added . The catch it doesn't look like a public offer there is a code you have to use and it says for returning customers . Hang in there five person families maybe you'll get it after all

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Just got a free dining offer sent to my email , five nights six day stay requirement only exclusion I saw was three bedroom villas plus dates 10/19-11/1 added . The catch it doesn't look like a public offer there is a code you have to use and it says for returning customers . Hang in there five person families maybe you'll get it after all
    I've been hearing that there are pin codes out there that include POR, although one person stated for them it only included the royal rooms, which by default would exclude a five person family. I actually called Disney Reservations, took me longer to get thru the automated questions than it did to get a live agent, but alas, no pin code assigned to us.

But I've heard the rumor that some pin codes and post cards are or have been sent out. We'll see what surfaces I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Hang in there five person families maybe you'll get it after all
    Nothing this weekend, but honestly I didn't expect it. With this family of 5 thing we've got going on, my time spent at WDW and sites like this may be forcibly lessened. Not unless they find a way to get more families of 5 into moderates.

As for the Ghost's comments toward Disneyland, most of the Disney hotels can fit 5 in a room, but the cost is considerably more than the WDW hotels. The cheapest you can get their lowest hotel is $250/night. Not exactly moderate.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: