Quantcast Florida Residents please help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Florida Residents please help

We need to make a move soon and our choices are Meblourne, Osceola. or Orange Counties. I would like to know if anyone can tell me about Osceola or Orange County. Are the rents higher in one county or location? Where are the best public school ratings? Where would be the best location that does not have too much flooding. Can you help??
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the 3 you listed, Brevard (Melbourne) county is far and away the best ranked school district. Of Florida's 67 school districts, Brevard is ranked 8th, Orange is ranked 34th and Osceola is ranked 38th. Of course there are better and worse individual schools within every one of those districts, but that's the view from 10,000 feet anyway.

When it comes to rent you can find cheap or expensive in all 3 counties, but of course keep in mind that you usually get what you pay for in terms of quality of the schools, neighborhood safety, neighbors and access to services.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

After I posted, I continued to research and found more acceptable schools Brevard. I did not find a good site to help with rent though, seeing 1000/mo for a small apartment is way to high for a single mom of 3. Any suggestions??
    Last edited by motherhamv; 04-30-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the rent prices in those areas. I am currently house hunting in those areas as well as Polk Co.

Currently I am in Winter Haven (Polk Co). I too am a single mom and found an income restricted apartment. You have to qualify to get in. I am paying $547/month + ulilities for a 2 br/ 2bath.

While looking at some houses last week in Orange Co. I found out the high school is rated an 8 out of 10 on the Great Schools site. The house is a total gut job...moving on.

I am concentrating in Davenport which is about 10 miles from Disney. Close enough with out all the tourist traffic.

I found my current apartment on Rent dot com. there is also 4rent dot com. You can also try Zillow as there are rentals there as well.

Good luck with your search.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Davenport (Polk county)/south Clermont (Lake County) is pretty quiet...nice neighboorhoods...and only about 15 minutes from Disney

Look up the "Four Corners" area (the corner of Lake/Polk/Osceola/Orange counties).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: