Quantcast 7 Months Out

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 7 Months Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 Months Out

How difficult has it been for others to get resorts that are not their home resort using the 7 month out rule. I am a little concerned when it is time for us to finally book what we are looking to book will not be around. So can some one give me the odds of:
    Criteria: 8 to 9 nights
    When: Mid-June
    Type-Studio
    Choices in order
    1. Beach Club
    2. Boardwalk
    3. Wilderness Lodge
    4. Bay Lake Tower
    5. Animal Kingdom
    Thank you all so very much!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to book at Boardwalk 7-months out (a few days past 7 months actually) for our upcoming July trip in a studio, standard view. It took awhile as there would always be one or two nights in the middle of our trip that would show up as unavailable (online). But I constantly backed out and went back in and almost every time, it would show a different night as being booked. I kept it up (somewhere around twenty times) over a few days and finally got our 7 nights together as showing available. I quickly booked it.

One thing to note though, I wasn't 100% set on the actual days, I just wanted a mid-week to mid-week block during mid-July. So almost a rigid schedule for booking, but a little flexible.

8-9 nights might be a little more difficult, because don't you have to wait another week after the 7-month window to book the 8th night? If that's true, maybe you could book the 7-night part and then try the 8th and 9th night the following week or even at a second resort?
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

AK won't be a problem, the rest, as mentioned, you might have issues with consecutive days.

If you're flexible, it will be easier. Studios (especially standard) at BCV are tough, there are only a few. Wilderness lodge is small, BLT is popular. This is why I tell people when selecting point amounts for a contact to think about upgrading either view or size accommodations to give them better flexibility when the time comes to really use them. Don't always plan on getting exactly what you budgeted for.

The good news is, AK is probably cheapest of the resort choices, so if you do have to borrow or whatever for these, you won't waste points if a higher preference resort opens up. It might be that you can cover it with points you can always put back into the pot. That would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

If you make the ressie right at 7 months, you should have no problem mid-June getting Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom or even BLT, especially if your dates are a little flexible. As DisneyRox mentioned, BCV and VWL are smaller so are harder to get, at least for the entire stay.

You can only reserve 7 nights at a time. You will have to wait until 7 months out from the 8th night to begin that reservation, and they can be linked by member services after you make the ressies.

Don't forget that if you don't get your first choice, you can always waitlist. If you waitlist at 7 months, your chances of getting what you want for that timeframe are pretty good.

Just to give you an idea, I checked just now for 7 months from today, for 7 nights starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 29), a very popular time. There is studio availability for the Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and Bay Lake on that Saturday and a few other days during that week. Animal Kingdom does have studio availability for the whole week. Keep in mind that I'm checking in late afternoon, so making that ressie first thing in the morning at the 7-month mark is important.

Just FYI, if you upgrade to a 1-bedroom, your options widen considerably. For example, a 1-bedroom at the Beach Club for the week I mentioned above is available for 5 of the 7 nights; Boardwalk is available the whole week.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    You can only reserve 7 nights at a time. You will have to wait until 7 months out from the 8th night to begin that reservation, and they can be linked by member services after you make the ressies.
    You can call MS the next day after booking the original 7 nights to add the 8th night if available, and the day after that to add the 9th.

If you're going for a new reservation online that would be 7 months from the 8th night since the online system doesn't offer an option to extend.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    You can call MS the next day after booking the original 7 nights to add the 8th night if available, and the day after that to add the 9th.

If you're going for a new reservation online that would be 7 months from the 8th night since the online system doesn't offer an option to extend.
    Whoops, thanks Lynn! Didn't know that, since I do all our ressies online now.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone for your responses!!!!
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked yesterday at our 7 month window for our December trip and were very disappointed as the only resort with any consecutive openings was Saratoga Springs. We want Wilderness..but everything was booked..it's the first time this has ever happened to us, usually we get what we want. Lol. Guess we've gotten spoiled the last 17 years..lol
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    We just booked yesterday at our 7 month window for our December trip and were very disappointed as the only resort with any consecutive openings was Saratoga Springs. We want Wilderness..but everything was booked..it's the first time this has ever happened to us, usually we get what we want. Lol. Guess we've gotten spoiled the last 17 years..lol
    Did you waitlist any choices? I've heard December has become very popular with DVC. Last time we took a December trip was in 2007, and we were able to book easily within a couple of months. But I hear that's very hard to do now.

Post Thanks / Like

7 months out? I thin it really depends... I usually head down in October (love Halloween time in the parks, plus weather is much nicer)... I have tried, in the past, to get into Boardwalk with no success... I was able to get into Old Key West once... And got my friend into Animal Kingdom Lodge... I usually just stay in my home resorts of BLT and SSR...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: