Quantcast Oddly enough, my biggest complaint about Magic Bands...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oddly enough, my biggest complaint about Magic Bands...

I know you can link your credit/debit card to the band if staying on property.

But I really wish as a FL resident AP holder that we could have it attached all the time.
    I would love to have it that way so I wouldn't have to take out my card all the time and/or take in a wallet.
    It would be so convenient.

That is probably the dumbest complaint ever about the MBs!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If staying on site you're charging to your room and then to the credit card on file. The credit card isn't linked to the band directly because the skimmers would have a field day. (That's what I've been told)

I still wear my lanyard with credit card, AP, DVC, photo ID, and $20.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    If staying on site you're charging to your room and then to the credit card on file. The credit card isn't linked to the band directly because the skimmers would have a field day. (That's what I've been told)

I still wear my lanyard with credit card, AP, DVC, photo ID, and $20.
    See that's why we aren't criminals. WE don't think of stuff like that! LOL.

I really never even thought of that. Makes total sense now.
    And duh me. I don't know why I never thought of the lanyard. I think I'm going to start doing that. Now that I haven't carried a diaper bag in quite a few years I like going bag free!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct, the CC# isn't passed. It actually is not for CC charges, only for 'room charge' which passes a token (protected by your Disney pin#) to the Disney back end database which charges to your room.

This uses the same back end room charge system that has been in place for a long time, with enhancements of the PIN# further securing it.

Several years ago I had room charging on my room key (as we have always done each trip for 15 years) and dropped it, not knowing it. Later I realized it and they checked and someone had used it.. but only hit the 'temp' Disney room charge bucket not my credit card. Disney quickly and happily disabled the old cards, got us new cards and reversed those charges. Those fraudulent charges never hit my card, nor was my info in any danger.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biggeek View Post
    You are correct, the CC# isn't passed. It actually is not for CC charges, only for 'room charge' which passes a token (protected by your Disney pin#) to the Disney back end database which charges to your room.

This uses the same back end room charge system that has been in place for a long time, with enhancements of the PIN# further securing it.

Several years ago I had room charging on my room key (as we have always done each trip for 15 years) and dropped it, not knowing it. Later I realized it and they checked and someone had used it.. but only hit the 'temp' Disney room charge bucket not my credit card. Disney quickly and happily disabled the old cards, got us new cards and reversed those charges. Those fraudulent charges never hit my card, nor was my info in any danger.
    Wow! I'm glad it didn't turn into a big fiasco of charges.
    It's really a shame that people are so dishonest.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: