Quantcast FP+ parade?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: FP+ parade?

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP+ parade?

So has anyone done the fastpass for a parade or fireworks? How does it work? Where did you sit or stand? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winniehoney View Post
    So has anyone done the fastpass for a parade or fireworks? How does it work? Where did you sit or stand? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    MK parade FP+ viewing location in in the center of the castle Hub, facing north, toward the castle.
    (Guests backs are to the "Partners" statue.)

Wishes fireworks viewing area is also in the hub, but down at the Rose Garden.
    (This area is being dramatically altered with the current "hub redesign" project.)
    The viewing angle on the fireworks from this area is very acute and the fireworks,
    while fully enjoyable, are seen at a sharp "off-center" aspect.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard, these Fast Passes are not available to book 6 months in advance, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    From what I've heard, these Fast Passes are not available to book 6 months in advance, correct?
    FP+ are 60 days in advance for on-site guests and 30 days in advance for off-site.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I know...

Even parades and fireworks? Last I heard (last week on this forum) those weren't bookable until much closer to the actual date because the entertainment calendars aren't set in stone that early.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I know...

Even parades and fireworks? Last I heard (last week on this forum) those weren't bookable until much closer to the actual date because the entertainment calendars aren't set in stone that early.
    Learn something new every day, thanks
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I know...

They appear sometime between 2 and 15 days in advance of the actual dates.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info!

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to get a FP for Illuminations at our 60 day mark while making all our other FP selections. Our FP states the time is 8:35-8:55pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney View Post
    We were able to get a FP for Illuminations at our 60 day mark while making all our other FP selections. Our FP states the time is 8:35-8:55pm.
    Hmm. Maybe because illuminations is at 9pm every single night no matter what the circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like

So, if you want a FP for a parade, MSEP in particular, you'll just have to only make two other FP+ selections at the 60 day mark and then hold on to the third selection until the parade FP becomes available? Am I understanding that correctly?

Or could you make three selections (attractions) and then trade one once the parade FP selection becomes available? Is that possible?

Thanks.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not available, you'll mKe three choices and then swap one when it becomes available.

Last I heard, and I think this is still the case, you must make 3 FP choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Using a fp for an end of day fireworks show kinda shoots the option to get a 4th pass after the first 3 are used up...

who's with me here....
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, and I think this is still the case, you must make 3 FP choices.
    Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    Using a fp for an end of day fireworks show kinda shoots the option to get a 4th pass after the first 3 are used up...

who's with me here....
    Yep, unless they change something that allows you to get a 4th (or more) with an end of day FP on tap.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post

who's with me here....
    With every new "fix" comes the need to make new fixes to fix the previous fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FutureEnjoyment View Post
    With every new "fix" comes the need to make new fixes to fix the previous fix.
    Well everyone can use the system the way that they feel fits.

For me, my flight arrives at noon. I have dinner reservations at my resort at 5, then I plan to head to the MK for a relaxing evening and I plan to start my vacation by watching MSEP and Wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Well everyone can use the system the way that they feel fits.

For me, my flight arrives at noon. I have dinner reservations at my resort at 5, then I plan to head to the MK for a relaxing evening and I plan to start my vacation by watching MSEP and Wishes.
    That was not the point.

The conjecture is that if Disney is now going to offer a 4th FP+ to all guests,
    >>but ONLY after all of the other 3 for the day have been used,
    the 4th FP+ cannot be used (on most days) if a guest books one or two of their other FP's at the end of the day.

It means that the new "improvement" is functionally ELIMINATED to guests who choose
    a Wishes (or even MSEP) FP+.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: