Quantcast Besides Stitch's great escape..biggest ride disappointment - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Once was too much for U of E, Figment. I don't care for the updated Mexcio ride, they should have left it alone. The speedway is so not worth the wait. TT is boring!
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay I have to wade into the fray here and defend Ellen ... It's the best place to take a 45 minute nap in all of Walt Disney World!!!!
    If they added cushions to those long fibreglass benches and took Ellen down about 10 dB, that would be almost perfect. They could change the pre-show movie to one of those Baby Einstein films - that'll get the nap juices flowin!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I could pick off the low hanging fruit like Journey Into Your (lack of) Imagination, but I think I'll go Spaceship Earth. I was very excited to see what they did with it and IMO it was a big dud. I don't like the new narration, the new ending is awful ... just totally unhappy with the way it turned out.
    Spaceship Earth went from being my #1 to maybe not even top ten for those reasons.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 04-05-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: eq
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they are a good place for a nap. LOL.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

The Enchanted Tiki Room..... I suggested this ride on my 2012 trip with my sister and brother in law. I had never seen what it actually was and it was there first time at WDW. We sat there in a nice air conditioned room and then the show started.... My sister gave me a dirty look and said "I hate you" and then started laughing because she thought it was so bad. Well for the hell of it on my Disneymoon in 2013 I took my husband to experience it. Yeah he pretty much had the same reaction as my sister with a dirty look followed by an "I hate you". Haha! Guess this is not the attraction for my family
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Also agree on Tiki room.

Post Thanks / Like

See, the Tiki is a must see for us. AC aside, which is a nice benefit, we love the classic qualities to it. It is fun. It is a bit better if there are more people in the audience.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASweetLov View Post
    The Enchanted Tiki Room..... Yeah he pretty much had the same reaction as my sister with a dirty look followed by an "I hate you". Haha! Guess this is not the attraction for my family
    I'm with you on this one. There were so many people going on and on about how much they hated the "Under New Management" version and that it needed to go back to it's original form. I thought UNM was really funny as well as entertaining. My kids liked it, too. Then they went back to the original version. BOOOOORRIINNNNGGG. I took my kids to it because they were begging to see it - they were none too happy about the change.

I know that Walt had a hand in the original, but that alone doesn't make it entertaining for the current generation. By now, Walt definitely would've done something different with this building.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Tiki Room would have to be my second and remember the Drew Carey sound show at DHS it was horrible too

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Yeah, except remember that the OP was talking about rides he wouldn't stand in line for. There is *never* a line for Figment.

Country Bears. Never, never, never.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denygold View Post
    Spaceship Earth went from being my #1 to maybe not even top ten for those reasons.
    What's the new ending and how did it change? It's been a couple of years since we were in Epcot. We just had a flying visit last month and skipped that park, but we've always liked SE.

We're also Figment fans in our family, but mostly because the kids liked it when they were kids. I was not impressed with Little Mermaid last month. It seems like they could have gotten a lot more bang for their buck. It was okay, but we waited until evening and basically walked on. My kids (older teens) waited 50+ minutes and had nothing good to say at all. I would have been mad if I had waited that long too.
    Holly
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    "Think of the safety. Think of the sense of well-being. At last, your family can be protected from the heartbreak of gorilla invasion." Dr. B. Honeydew

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I agree with many of the previous posts.
    It seems to me that most refurbs and certain new attractions seem to have been done on the "cheap", Space Mountain he TTA, and Space Ship Earth are some examples that popped into mind. It begs me to question where is the "Imagination" that Disney was famous for?
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

So I'm not going to question other people's choices for sure ... this is all about personal taste.

But the Tiki Room? I mean I get that it's not the most thrilling attraction on the planet, but I would honestly have to question how you could call yourself a Disney fan and list the attraction that literally gave birth to the audio-animatronic as the most disappointing one in the park?

On the merit of its history and heritage alone I wouldn't put it on the list. It would be like listing Carousel of Progress or Pirates!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ian, While I totally agree with you on Tiki Room, I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Well Ian, While I totally agree with you on Tiki Room, I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?
    I agree... Sounds Dangerous was terrible, but IMO it beats what's currently there...
    It's a tough call for me, but I think I'd prefer a mediocre attraction to an empty space with no future plans. That's probably a new discussion for a new thread...
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

Sam Eagle: "WILL YOU STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!"
    Gonzo: "What Foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

I actually love the jungle cruise...I find myself laughing hysterically at the corny jokes lol.

For me, Ellen's energy adventure needs to go. Too long and boring. The ride portion is ok but 45 min for the whole ride is just too long.
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I agree regarding Imagination (1st version great, 2nd version horrible, 3rd version better than 2nd), Stitch (belched hot dog is not my idea of a fun experience), and Tiki (either version; my wife didn't say "I hate you," but definitely hated the show). I disagree about Everest!, Ellen (long, yes, but still amusing, although certainly drags), Ariel (my wife was very underwhelmed by Ariel, though), Jungle Cruise (still fun, even if not state-of-the-art), and Spaceship Earth (although I tend to count the number of times Dame Judy says "futah").

I was a bit disappointed in the updated TestTrack, but I've never been a huge fan (I drive a convertible, so can replicate the "thrill").

Finally, if there's an embarrassment among the riches, it has to be the entire former Life pavilion at Epcot. I'd like the opportunity to be disappointed! I still miss Cranium Command and Body Wars.
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

And this would be exactly why WDW didn't get the Disneyland version.

I may be stretching it with 'ride' and including an 'attraction', but give me Monster Sound Show ANY DAY over Sounds Dangerous. Sorry, but I'd go on Stitch 10x over this embarrassment.
    I totally agree with you, Melanie. I don't even know how they could put Sounds Dangerous out there it is so bad, so very bad. Lacking quality, excitement- lacking in every way. Monster Sound Show was fun, skippable, but fun.

I'm not a big fan of the Test Track refurb. Fortunately, the best element (that last whip around the track) survived, but they took out most of what I enjoyed about the lead-up to that and replaced it with a slick boring presentation. I miss the old Test Track, good hokey fun. Yes, I even miss that annoying queue song.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

But the Tiki Room? I mean I get that it's not the most thrilling attraction on the planet, but I would honestly have to question how you could call yourself a Disney fan and list the attraction that literally gave birth to the audio-animatronic as the most disappointing one in the park?
    Here's some parallels. No one drives a Model A or Model T even though they gave birth to production line autos. And no one carries around the 5lb cell phones that were the size of a Disney turkey leg, even though we all wanted one back in 1987.

Yes, Tiki gave birth to AA. I'm sure it was vastly entertaining when it came out. But it has to improve, just like Walt said. Me and the kids thought it did improve with Iago yucking it up with some cornball comedy. It had some of the original with some new comedy that appealed to kids and fun-loving adults alike. But to take it backwards seems... like the thread says, disappointing. But that's fine if people like it. I'm sure the tens of people who watch the show each hour reduce the riders on the other attractions Maybe you should get out your Tiki-inator and make your own Tiki Room in your backyard!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get over no one agreeing with me on Sounds Dangerous. I mean come on people...you LIKE that attraction?
    I totally agree. One, it's really boring. Two, having worked in audio production, I know how easy what they did is to produce. Talk about "on the cheap"

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: