Quantcast Ok, Sell me on TSM

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok, Sell me on TSM

I've never rode it... this I Know:

It's one of the longest lines in the parks, it's a 3D arcade type game/ride.. It keeps score.. It's well Themed.

If I'm not in to arcade games should I skip this? Do you guys consider it a "do not miss" attraction?
    I looked at the youtube video and ...well... I wasn't all that impressed... am I the only one?

With the FP+ tiers in DHS I'm finding it hard to use my "E" ticket pick for this over RnC . However...If I do go and try it... I don't want to wait 70 minutes for a ride I don't think I'll "love" ..

All input would be great!!
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you'd either need to use your top tier FP or get there at park opening, which I'm sure you know.

My friends and I, all 20-something's, love it.

My mother could care less. She thought the 3D was great and enjoyed the extra effects and found it very/intuitive, but it's just not her thing.

Lots of people are going to tell you it's awesome and a can't miss, but in reality, all attractions are subjective when it comes to personal taste.

My advice: try it if you get there at park opening. If not, don't waste your FP on it if you know it will mean missing something you know you love.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin? This is like that, in a way, though also very different, way more fun for me. You use a pop gun device, not a laser. You're taken rapidly through shooting galleries and there's some spinny action with the vehicle (but you don't manually spin it, as you do in the Buzz ride). I'm not really an arcade game fan, but this is one of my new favorites in DHS and it does make my list of top must-do attractions. When my husband and I do this together, we compete and we always end up laughing together, big silly uncontrollable laughter, and what's better than that?

If you're traveling alone, probably very skippable. But if you're with a partner or with family, especially if you break down neatly into pairs, then I think this is a must do. I would definitely prioritize it and not even think twice.

Tower of Terror queue always goes through pretty quickly and if you catch it early, no need to FP. Rock N Roller Coaster, you could use an FP but you can also break down into Single Riders when the line gets long enough that they're open to that. But, if you don't FP this one and hit it early, like first thing at park opening, you'll also be okay without FP- and the queue is one I hate to miss because it's so well done, lots to look at.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

And ToT isn't in the top tier with RnRR and TSM!

Post Thanks / Like

Omg, I love this ride. It's a can't miss for us. I'm 54 and husband is 55 and we have so much fun, we're very competitive when it comes to this ride. We ride as often as we can.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

TSM is worth a full, 1.5 hr wait. So, yes go.

But we do, is the wife heads for TSM to get a fastpass then go to our #1 ride first. TSM, even right away, FP will be lunchtime or later.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't sound like it is really ever going to be your favorite go-to ride, but if you can get there are park open and wait in a minimal line...I say you should try it once.

I am not a HUGE game fan, but I thought it was loads of fun. As did my 68 year old mother and my 38 year old BFF.

Enjoy your trip no matter what you decide!
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

But we do, is the wife heads for TSM to get a fastpass then go to our #1 ride first. TSM, even right away, FP will be lunchtime or later.
    I think this poster needs an update....

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a try. It is fun, I know my whole family of various ages enjoys it. But then, I think most people should try every ride at least once.

Book a FP+ for TSMM, and go to RnR first thing in the am, and there won't be too much of a wait for either.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This ride is in my top 5...
    Scallywag

August 2004 - POR
    May 2006 - POF (Honeymoon Trip)
    September 2006 - Royal Pacific (Universal Studios)
    April 2007 - POR
    July 2009 - CBR
    June 2013 - CBR
    June 2014 - POF

June 2016 - POLY
    June 2017 - AKL
    June 2018 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a fun ride? Yes!
    Is it the best attraction ever? Mehh...

I think if the same ride was in Magic Kingdom, there wouldn't be nearly as much desire to go on it. In my opinion the things that help the attraction are lack of other attractions in DHS and TSM is still newer than most attractions in DHS.

It kind of reminds me of Buzz Lightyear, both in gameplay and in demand. The first few years after Buzz Lightyear opened, it always had a wicked long line. Now, for the most part, you can walk on it with minimal line.

TSM is a good ride, but I don't see it being "timeless" like Peter Pan or anything. I'm guessing in a few years, the average wait time for TSM attraction will be significantly shorter.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

Sam Eagle: "WILL YOU STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!"
    Gonzo: "What Foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

We love it because it's competitive and we love arcade games. I have a smile on my face the entire time. That being said, if you don't enjoy games and are not someone who enjoys some spirited competition, it's probably not going to be as fun for you. I say it's worth it to check it out at least once, though. You never know until you try!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Nothing is worth a 90 minute wait IMHO. Get there early or use a FP+. It's like an advanced version of buzz light year space ranger spin. RNR will surely have a shorter line out of the two
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy the ride and find it to be very fun. However, I would not wait in line for multiple hours (although many do)!!

Post Thanks / Like

......not worth the long wait

......and ..regardless of wait time ....I think it's way overrated. Gun mechanism is tedious to use ....and the 'jerkiness' and spinning action can cause motion-sickness like issues.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ......not worth the long wait

......and ..regardless of wait time ....I think it's way overrated. Gun mechanism is tedious to use ....and the 'jerkiness' and spinning action can cause motion-sickness like issues.
    I have found the shooting mechanism very easy for anyone of any age to use. It's very intuitive and simple. Plus, there's a practice game to teach you how.

However, I do agree on the jerkiness/motion sickness issues. I've has family members tell me they felt a little motion sick after riding, but nothing like Body Wars/Mission Space. They all went on again and didn't find the sick feeling to overbearing, but it did exist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan123 View Post
    I have found the shooting mechanism very easy for anyone of any age to use. It's very intuitive and simple. Plus, there's a practice game to teach you how.

However, I do agree on the jerkiness/motion sickness issues. I've has family members tell me they felt a little motion sick after riding, but nothing like Body Wars/Mission Space. They all went on again and didn't find the sick feeling to overbearing, but it did exist.
    .....we waited 2 yrs to go on TSM ....and only did it due to having FP+ last August. My wife was 'green' when she got off the ride. It was almost as bad as her experience on the Back to the Future fide that was at Universal.

.....we did it once ....and that's enough.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MargaretMessler View Post
    It doesn't sound like it is really ever going to be your favorite go-to ride, but if you can get there are park open and wait in a minimal line...I say you should try it once.
    This is my recommendation also. I think this ride is loads of fun, especially if you have a ride partner!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

If you enjoy Buzz Lightyear, don't go on Toy Story because Toy Story will ruin Buzz for you.

I am not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination but I am competitive. I love to ride this with my sister (we both have grandkids so we're not kids, at least chronologically). She scores very high on accuracy while I blow her out of the water with total points (and my accuracy is abysmal). We have a lot of fun with that. The sight gags are fun, as well.

Here's the thing: RnRC can usually be ridden first thing without much wait. And you know you like that. ToT - if that's on your list - is a tier two.

Using your tier 1 fp+ is almost like having a free chance to try a ride you may or may not like. In other words, which is worse - waiting over 30 minutes for a ride you didn't care for or using a fp+ for a ride you wind up not caring for. Which is a greater investment to lose?

As for motion sickness - I personally know of no one who is more prone to motion sickness than my sister or her daughter and neither would pass on Toy Story.

You never know til you try it. And you sure don't gotta do it again if you don't like it.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i know there is the FP+. Didn't use any FP our last trip. Didn't even go to DHS last 2 trips.

But, I am saying I'd wait a long time for the ride. For the right ride, i'd wait 1-1.5 hrs. I remember doing so as a kid.

TSM is one of those rides. I'd wait for Star Tours, Soarin, Splash Mountain, Fantasmic, and Nemo Musical if I had to.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite