Quantcast Rest of AP FP+ Rollout

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rest of AP FP+ Rollout

I got an email today saying my AP is now eligible for FP+ service so I logged on and sure enough, i can make them now. Not sure if this is for all passholders yet, but I wasn't in the first testing phase.

Short version of the terms: APs can make 7 days of selections in any 30 day window, and can make their reservations 30 days ahead of time.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have to go try this! Thanks for the info
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for passing this along!

Post Thanks / Like

You can also order your magic bands......
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Now that fast pass+ is available for AP's, I have two questions. The first is what happens if you are going with someone who only has Florida Three Day. We can't book a fast pass for everyone in our party? And why did I have three different attractions, we only wanted to use a fast pass for one attraction. I feel like we will be taking fast passes without using them and someone who wants to can't.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    Now that fast pass+ is available for AP's, I have two questions. The first is what happens if you are going with someone who only has Florida Three Day. We can't book a fast pass for everyone in our party? And why did I have three different attractions, we only wanted to use a fast pass for one attraction. I feel like we will be taking fast passes without using them and someone who wants to can't.
    If you are going with someone who has 3 day tickets and they are not staying at an onsite resort, well you are screwed. They will only be able to make FP+ selections the day of the visit at an in park kiosk. That is some "Plus Magic" now isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    Currently the system requires everyone to book 3 passes. I haven't tried it but I have heard a few people say they were able to go in after booking all three and delete the two they didn't want. However even if you only book one , you can't use your other two at the same attraction.

Right now the only people who can book in advance are resort guests (60 days) and passholders (30 days). If your friend is staying onsite, they will be able to book in advance or you.

If you are day visitors, they will be able to book the upon arrival in the park. Your choices would be to
    • Book yours in advance and have them try to book for an overlapping time upon arrival
    • Have everybody book at the park.

The ride you are interested in and when you go will determine how successful you will be at same day booking.

Of course this is all based on how things are working now. Disney could decide to change it at any time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know yet how the 30-day vs. 60-day FP+ advance booking window works for AP holders who have a WDW resort reservation? Can one link an AP with an upcoming resort reservation and, if so, will the system permit FP+ booking up to 60 days in advance?
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiHoKermitTheFrogHere View Post
    Does anyone know yet how the 30-day vs. 60-day FP+ advance booking window works for AP holders who have a WDW resort reservation? Can one link an AP with an upcoming resort reservation and, if so, will the system permit FP+ booking up to 60 days in advance?
    Yes you can link your AP to resort reservation in MDE and you will qualify for the 60 day FP+. If you already have an MDE account with your AP in it just add the resort reservation confirmation number and you'll be all set.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have been wondering that I haven't seen answered anywhere (unless I've missed it) is whether or not AP holders are required to use the bands. Do they still give out the regular pass with the chip in it and give you a band, or is it only the band now?
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

Post Thanks / Like

According to the email you will still have your AP ticket. I would think they still will be distributing them since you will need it to make use of your discounts should you buy something.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We received our bands yesterday. Included was a pass holder discount card that you use to park and for discount use, obviously. We also received a slider for the band that says passholder 2014.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I'm getting an AP soon and was hoping that I would have the choice of using a wristband or just keeping a "ticket" in my wallet. I'd much prefer the ticket, as I can see myself not keeping the wristband handy at all times.
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

Post Thanks / Like

For now, you can use your AP instead of your MagicBand if you prefer. My bet is that next year you'll get a band and a discount card instead of an AP ticket. They've already phased out room keys in favor of the bands.

BTW, the batteries in the bands last a couple of years, and it is possible to re-use a band for multiple resort stays, although I'm not sure how you get Disney not to send you a new band every time. They haven't quite got the hang of all the edge conditions yet.

For sure, you should keep your AP, or at least that discount card that comes with the AP MagicBand, with you for now. The band doesn't cope particularly well with things like parking, discounts, and AP exclusive merchandise purchases, so for now, make sure you always have both the AP card/discount card and your ID with you.
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Question Passholder or Resort Magic Bands or Both

We have a resort reservation for May. On March 10th we got an email telling us we could personalize our magic bands for our upcoming vacation. A few days later we received an email telling us to personalize our passholder magic bands. We went on My Disney Experience and ended up personalizing two sets of magic bands. We just received our passholder magic bands a few days ago. Today I got another email telling me my magic bands will soon be shipped. Does anyone know if I am going to get another set of magic bands for our upcoming resort stay? Our passes are connected to our resort reservations and our FP+ choices for our trip in May are showing up under our reservations. I really don’t need two sets of magic bands. I also have a set in my closet from our weekend stay this past December.
    Naomi °0°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nifty48 View Post
    We have a resort reservation for May. On March 10th we got an email telling us we could personalize our magic bands for our upcoming vacation. A few days later we received an email telling us to personalize our passholder magic bands. We went on My Disney Experience and ended up personalizing two sets of magic bands. We just received our passholder magic bands a few days ago. Today I got another email telling me my magic bands will soon be shipped. Does anyone know if I am going to get another set of magic bands for our upcoming resort stay? Our passes are connected to our resort reservations and our FP+ choices for our trip in May are showing up under our reservations. I really don’t need two sets of magic bands. I also have a set in my closet from our weekend stay this past December.
    You will get two sets of bands. As you said, you have one set for your AP's and another set for your reservation. You will get a new set of bands for each reservation. This year I will get four sets of bands for on top of the set I got last December that my AP is linked to. I will have my AP set, followed by sets for three reservations. I have a split stay this summer but I still get two sets of bands. I have been told that if you do not want to receive additional sets of bands to not customize them. Refuse to take them when you check in and the CM will return them for reuse and reissue.

You can activate and deactivate your bands on MDE as required. You will be able to move your AP to which ever band you want to use.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

OK, here's one more AP question. We're probably going to buy APs this year as we get a great discount as DVC members, and we plan to hit WDW three different times in the next ten months. However, once we purchase the APs, when do they activate? Upon purchase? Or upon first use? If it's first use, how would we log on and use the FP+ system? We are planning on staying offsite, as we're only going to be there for three days this first trip. So, no Disney Resort Reservation, and no active AP. What then?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    You will get two sets of bands. As you said, you have one set for your AP's and another set for your reservation. You will get a new set of bands for each reservation. This year I will get four sets of bands for on top of the set I got last December that my AP is linked to. I will have my AP set, followed by sets for three reservations. I have a split stay this summer but I still get two sets of bands. I have been told that if you do not want to receive additional sets of bands to not customize them. Refuse to take them when you check in and the CM will return them for reuse and reissue.

You can activate and deactivate your bands on MDE as required. You will be able to move your AP to which ever band you want to use.
    Thanks CanadianWDWFan for the clarification. I guess we will have to keep the passholder slider on our passholder bands so we know which is which. Otherwise we might take the wrong bands with us when we go for a day.
    Naomi °0°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    OK, here's one more AP question. We're probably going to buy APs this year as we get a great discount as DVC members, and we plan to hit WDW three different times in the next ten months. However, once we purchase the APs, when do they activate? Upon purchase? Or upon first use? If it's first use, how would we log on and use the FP+ system? We are planning on staying offsite, as we're only going to be there for three days this first trip. So, no Disney Resort Reservation, and no active AP. What then?
    First off, you got to LOVE the DVC discount on the AP's!

The passes activate on first use. You will use the MDE as you would if you were staying onsite. We got our AP by upgrading our MYW passes at Guest Services so they linked our AP's for us. From what I understand you can link your AP voucher to your band of choice using MDE. You can then book your FP+ 60 days out as an AP holder

Quote Originally Posted by nifty48 View Post
    Thanks CanadianWDWFan for the clarification. I guess we will have to keep the passholder slider on our passholder bands so we know which is which. Otherwise we might take the wrong bands with us when we go for a day.
    You can put different names on the bands. Maybe put your name followed by AP to help differentiate.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    You can put different names on the bands. Maybe put your name followed by AP to help differentiate.
    Thanks that's a great idea! Unfortunately we already have our AP bands but maybe we could do something with the bands for our May weekend. They haven't been shipped yet.
    Naomi °0°

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: