Quantcast Episode 60 - The Trash Can Said Talk To My Agent - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It or Leave It - Queue Waits Longer Than 30 Minutes

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

8 26.67%
  • Leave It

22 73.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

and to clarify/add, I guess this comes up somewhere in the podcast, lacrosse is Canada's official SUMMER sport, while hockey is Canada's official WINTER sport. and I don't know anyone who plays or has played lacrosse, at least not in my part of the country!
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    and to clarify/add, I guess this comes up somewhere in the podcast, lacrosse is Canada's official SUMMER sport, while hockey is Canada's official WINTER sport. and I don't know anyone who plays or has played lacrosse, at least not in my part of the country!

Oh yes it does come up, where I erroneously state that Canada's official sport is curling. Not sure where I got this in my head....I guess it's Olympic overload. LOL Anyway, the reason I knew it was not hockey is because one time while I was waiting for O Canada to start, and this was one of the trivia questions they threw out. Everyone shouted out hockey, but the CM surprised us and said it was curling...uh, lacrosse.

Does the US even have an 'official' sport?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    By the end, I was tired (and grumpy). LOL!

I do agree with this, but don't necessarily think every country needs an attraction. And like I said on the podcast, I don't agree that Fantasyland type attractions belong in the World Showcase. I enjoy the characters there, yes, but as an added/side benefit. I don't think they should be such a huge presence in a pavilion.
    I agree Mel. More than anything, if they even just redid some of the movies, and added in one, maybe 2 well done attractions in FW, it would be a huge lift to that park. I don't need rides in WS as long as I can have a nice meal and a , I'm good there!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Re: Alan Parsons - my favorite song...

Games People Play:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftF5pZiXuE

Huge hit in 1980 - peaked at #16 on the hot 100

And this was the song I was trying to sing which played on rock radio... I wouldn't want to be like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FnKfWh0QzE
    My first APP song was "The System of Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether"....That one tune got me started on a great appreciation of Alan Parsons, for both his music and his production values. It was a sad day when Eric Woolfson passed away. He and Alan were a great team.

Just wish I had the opportunity to visit WDW to see the Live Project play during F&G! I think I would have to sit through all 3 shows each day!! LOL

The other group that will be down there that I would really like to see someday would be The Orchestra. I was also a big fan of ELO and, not quite as much, ELO II.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest...I LOVED the new song by Shane. So Awesome. That could be my theme song for life.

Dare I suggest we need t-shirts that say, "Love is Beautiful Work"

"They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished listening. I read somewhere that the Ratatouille ride will have the trackless ride vehicle system they have at Tokyo. That would make it cool if that is true. Although that was my least favorite Pixar movie, I think the ride sounds pretty fun.

I admit that Shane's music is not my style but I loved that new song as well. VERY good!

And leave it! No matter what...30 min wait is my personal limit. But, if my kids are with me, and they really want to wait, we will. We used to routinely wait 45 min for Toy Story Midway Mania at DCA. I would probably limit waits to 60 min with the kids.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

FYI Today was Abe Vigoda's 93rd birthday!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Podcast

I like it when you guys ramble. The whole "what would you put in each country in EPCOT" was a great discussion. Looking to INTERCOT consulting services to create new rides.

And take it. I'm like Christine.... not that I would openly chat with strangers (Jon does) but I enjoy the queues in some rides. And I'm not there so much that I will say "it will be there next time".

I've learned my lesson on that. I do love the AK Jammin Jungle parade and got to see it in January because we didn't bring the kids to #runICOT. Not that I like looking at tourists (that *is* odd and they could easily put characters in those seats). But the music and the floats/drummers are great.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, wanted to chime in about Christine's question about whether DL locals get upset with change. NO! Not at all. While I was a local for 10 years, I was always excited for new stuff. Most locals go VERY often and love it when there is a new parade, fireworks show, ride, etc. I mean, DCA overhaul is a great example of how things suffer at DL if they become "stale". There was really no sadness about almost that entire park changing! And, the MSEP had been gone from CA for a long time, then it was brought back for a couple years (at DCA, to drum up interest in that park) and then it went away again. No one really cared. It was cool to see again, but I always associated that parade with WDW, as I saw it there in my childhood. It was very strange to see it at DCA too. They even renamed it. Disney's Electrical Parade. That was dumb. DL does have an evening parade, it's the same as the afternoon parade but it is quite different at night all lit up.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

All that I can say is that is a good thing that you guys were not touring back in the seventies. IIRC two hours were about the norm for all of the D's and E's. Close to four hours for 20K. EPCOT Center opening was the end of that as it spread out the crowds a bit.

Talking to strangers in the queues is one of my favorite pastimes. Really meet some interesting people. Last September we were waiting for the launch back to the Poly and I started chatting with a family. Turns out that he also owned a hobby shop. Quite an improbable feat as there are only about 1500 of us left.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Another LONG but very enjoyable podcast!!!

Was wondering who was gonna REEL you folks in at times with Carol not there!!! hehehe BUT great info again and great humor and singing!

30 min que times...it depends on the attraction as many have said. Small World - A...NOOOO!

Shane has some great songs. Not my style but wish him the best! Very KEWL that you folks are helping where you can too.

runDisney...love it. Can only hope one day DW and I will make an event, that is past the 5K Castaway Cay run - though prolly not recognized as a real event. I've no issues running a 5K, 10K or 1/2 but our timing for our vacation put us OUT of contention when they hold these events. At least currently...in the future - who knows. We have thought of trying the TOT 10 miler...or waiting a year and visiting the WORLD around an icot event while trying to bundle a trip. For now our love for the DCL and WDW in the off peak season is just too tempting for us. Plus until the dust of the FP+ settles...we are not sure our plans won't change to spend more time on the water and less in the parks. FP+ very much concerns us! This is why I also suggested on this site in the NEW FORUM suggestion to have a dedicated FP+ section. Not for "cranking" all the time but for tips and user successes from folks who've had positive experiences using it. Jus' sayn...

We have our trip in 70 days and we hope to use what we've learnt in the past 2 podcasts to better enjoy ourselves - FP+ included. WE HOPE...

The conversations on theories and expansions is always fun to hear from you folks. CW - you hit the nail on the head with your quote, "I don't go on vacation to learn..." That's how DW and I felt years ago. NOW EPCOT runs a very very close 2nd to our MK love. DHS is a bit behind in 3rd and AK brings up the least favorite...well I hope Avatar eventually changes that for us. For now it’s just not a park we spend much time in at all IF we visit it. This May would be 3 times to NOT visit in a row IF we find something better to do this May's vacation. This May could be a spend a day and rent a HD and trip up the coast to Daytona instead... potato - patato - varooooommmmm!

Again thanks for all the great info and entertainment! Much appreciated for sure. Keep up the great work.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently on the road to WDW as we speak and enjoying the podcast on the lonnnnnnnng drive down from Canada!

A couple thoughts:
    - I don't know what that crazy Martin Short told you in the canada movie but curling is NOT our national sport. It's lacrosse! Always has been, always will be. Someone wrote a strongly worded letter to Bob Iger okay?!

- There actually WAS going to be a Rhine River ride in the Germany pavilion. I forget where I read that. I think it was on Jason Grandt's blog? Anyway there was concept art and everything and if you look at the pavilion now the entrance to the ride would have been just to the right of the Biergarten.

- Definitely get Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen to voice spaceship earth! Come on! Professor X and Magneto!!! Awesome!

- Thanks for choosing my Take It Or Leave It topic! I'm kind of with John: 30 minutes really is the borderline of whether or not I'll wait in a line for a ride. That's why I picked that amount of time for the topic this week! It's sort-of the crest right before we say "Meh we will come back later if the line is shorter"! So I guess it's a Take It for me.

- Shane was great on the podcast. By the way you mentioned that the Village People are coming to the Flower Power concerts and I wanted to tell you about an Intercot connection to that band! My sister Jenn (jennsky aka the other Canadian) is married to the nephew of the biker in the Village People. So in other words, her husband Roy (who recorded the Take It Or Leave It music for us) is related to the biker! Intercot rocks!

Great podcast as always. We are just cruising down the I 75 right now in southern Kentucky. It's about 5am and I just finished an 8 hour driving shift so I should catch some shut eye now. But I'll talk to y'all later when I'm OOT AND ABOOT, EH?!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.- SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK WITH THAT OLYMPIC HOCKEY GUYS!!! Mua ha ah ha ha

CANADA RULES! CANADA RULES! CANADA RULES!

Lol
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    - I don't know what that crazy Martin Short told you in the canada movie but curling is NOT our national sport. It's lacrosse! Always has been, always will be. Someone wrote a strongly worded letter to Bob Iger okay?!
    No, no, no, that was MY mess up. I talked about it earlier in this thread. But still...lacrosse? lol! And again, do we in the US even have a national sport?

And hockey, ugh. We kind of laid down and died (at least offensively) after beating Russia. Go Canada.

And weren't you just in Florida?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me google that for you Mel... By law, no we do not. Canada has both lacrosse and hockey by law.

Our de facto national sport is baseball.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_sport
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the googles. Yeah, I mean, we all know baseball is labeled 'our national pasttime', but wasn't sure whether there was an official stamp on it.

Post Thanks / Like

And again, do we in the US even have a national sport?
    This is what being a Braves fan does to you.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    This is what being a Braves fan does to you.

Be nice, Jeffrey.

If we went by viewership and revenue alone, wouldn't the NFL be the 'national' sport?

Post Thanks / Like

Be nice, Jeffrey.

If we went by viewership and revenue alone, wouldn't the NFL be the 'national' sport?
    I think our national sport in that case would be Walmart.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Oh, wanted to chime in about Christine's question about whether DL locals get upset with change. NO! Not at all. While I was a local for 10 years, I was always excited for new stuff. Most locals go VERY often and love it when there is a new parade, fireworks show, ride, etc. I mean, DCA overhaul is a great example of how things suffer at DL if they become "stale". There was really no sadness about almost that entire park changing! And, the MSEP had been gone from CA for a long time, then it was brought back for a couple years (at DCA, to drum up interest in that park) and then it went away again. No one really cared. It was cool to see again, but I always associated that parade with WDW, as I saw it there in my childhood. It was very strange to see it at DCA too. They even renamed it. Disney's Electrical Parade. That was dumb. DL does have an evening parade, it's the same as the afternoon parade but it is quite different at night all lit up.
    I am in the middle of reading Marty Sklar's book and he regularly refers to the fact that Walt (and team) wanted to ensure that NEW attractions and NEW experiences would be routinely mixed in to Disneyland. I am a nostalgic person so I sometimes struggle with the changes... but, I usually come around.
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: