Quantcast The new Test Track

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The new Test Track

I just rode the new Test Track for the first time. Is it just me or was the old queue and ride much better? The new one reminds me of Tron and there's no story. I guess designing your own car is kind of cool and goes along with the interactive queue theme that Disney likes, but the rest of the queue is bad. I liked seeing the car "stuff" and all the details. The ride has the same track but it just doesn't feel the same? Where's the hot room? Where's the cold room? Where's the bumps? The story was all about how a real car actually gets tested. Now I'm not sure what it is. The semi that jumps out at you is still there, but it just seems horribly out of place now.

I'm not much of a complainer and generally like everything Disney does, but this really shocked me. I came out of that ride thinking the old Test Track was far superior to the new one.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not the only one longing for the old version. I liked it, outdated or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad817 View Post
    I just rode the new Test Track for the first time. Is it just me or was the old queue and ride much better? The new one reminds me of Tron and there's no story. I guess designing your own car is kind of cool and goes along with the interactive queue theme that Disney likes, but the rest of the queue is bad. I liked seeing the car "stuff" and all the details. The ride has the same track but it just doesn't feel the same? Where's the hot room? Where's the cold room? Where's the bumps? The story was all about how a real car actually gets tested. Now I'm not sure what it is. The semi that jumps out at you is still there, but it just seems horribly out of place now.

I'm not much of a complainer and generally like everything Disney does, but this really shocked me. I came out of that ride thinking the old Test Track was far superior to the new one.
    I rode it twice in 2007, I remember it kept breaking down and left us in line trying to decide if we should wait or leave... Both times... it was short delays but.... it was a bother.

Is the reliability improved?
    Honeymoon, 89
    Poly 2002
    CR 2003
    Shades of Green May 2007
    GF June 2014 (25th Anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

At least the spin around the outside is still fun, not much going on other than that.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruegge View Post
    Is the reliability improved?
    Nope.

All they changed during the ride sections are the set pieces and scenes along the track.

Post Thanks / Like

I preferred the old version as well
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

ditto
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I do miss the old "testing" feel. I wish they could have combined both better. Instead of making it so Tron feeling and race car type.

I wish they had where you could still design a futuristic car with safety features and such and still had the all the testing but made it more up to date.

I do like they they were trying to keep in line with the "Community of Tomorrow" feel, but it's too futuristic and not realistic enough.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Inside the new Test Track: looks cool, futuristic.. Yes, Tron-ish...

The over all ride: boring... I don't care about making or designing my own car.. I don't care to compete against the other people in the vehicle with me to see who made the best car... I was bored to tears on the new Test Track... Very disappointed...

The old version was much better, and the old version was terrible... But at least had a better story and made much more sense...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The old version was much better, and the old version was terrible... But at least had a better story and made much more sense...
    I agree 90%...would change the word "terrible" to "tolerable" though. I've just never really gotten the appeal of a "thrill ride" that is the equivalent of riding on a state highway in a convertible with the top down.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I do wish that they'd take the Tron feel that it has and upgrade it to include more Tron-ish features. I mean, it is in Future World, and what's more futuristic than Tron style computer battles. Add in some Daft Punk music and people would love this ride.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Liked the original much better!
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Post Thanks / Like

To quote my DD14 after our first ride on Radiator Springs Racers in DCA- "Test Track is dead to me!!"

That sums it all up for me.

We don't like either one now.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    To quote my DD14 after our first ride on Radiator Springs Racers in DCA- "Test Track is dead to me!!"
    For sure!

Post Thanks / Like

....I wasn't impressed with the "ride" aspect of the new Test Track. It felt more "Real Test Trackish" in the previous iteration.

....the shiny bells & whistles aspect is definitely eye-candy for those that appreciate that type of experience.

....but we were kinda' left hungry for something more filling to the overall senses.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I was also really disappointed with the Test Track refurb; I liked the old one much better!

Mar 2017 ASMU
    2016 OKW
    2014 BCV
    2013 WLV
    2012 POFQ/ DCL!!
    2009 POFQ; Sept. DL
    2007 POFQ; Dec. DL
    2004-3X CSR, Pop Century, POFQ/Poly
    2002 YC
    1999 BW Villa
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1994 GF
    1992 & 93 CBR
    1989 GF
    1985-89 Lived in CA; many DL trips
    1971-1984 CR, Poly, & FW several times

Post Thanks / Like

I liked designing your own car but that's about it. I preferred the old version too.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post

That sums it all up for me.

We don't like either one now.
    Word. For me it's a 100% replacement ride the same way Toy Story eliminated my desire to ever go on Buzz.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Inside the new Test Track: looks cool, futuristic.. Yes, Tron-ish...

The over all ride: boring... I don't care about making or designing my own car.. I don't care to compete against the other people in the vehicle with me to see who made the best car... I was bored to tears on the new Test Track... Very disappointed...

I agree except I thought the old version was "good" not terrible. Putting aside the fact that the little screens in the cars didn't work, I thought everything about the old test track was fine.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

....I should add ....the previous Test Track version's queue ....also smelled a bit like an auto repair / factory (oil, electrical odor ..ozone, rubber ...etc). It really lent itself to the overall experience.

..... maybe they need to have 'new car smell' wafting thru the current version? Though ...I'm not sure what new cars will smell like in the 'future'.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP