Quantcast Upset with fastpass+ ???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Upset with fastpass+ ???

Is anyone upset about being limited to 3 fastpasses a day like I am? I am used to using the fastpasses all day and using at least 6 a day! And you can only choose 1 out of the tier 1 category! During busy season it is just not enough for one day! If you are you need to write to Disney and let them know. ([email protected])This is part of what they replied to me...

Disney will always listen to what our guests want and if there is great enough demand for increasing the amount of Disney's FASTPASS+® selections per day then we will seriously look into raising the limit. There are more guests than just yourself that have mentioned your displeasure with the amount selections you are given, and we will look at the system to make sure we do what is best for our guests.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!

I have not yet experienced the full effects of the new system. After my experience in December, I don't yet feel I have enough information/experience to figure out how it is/will work. Due to a glitch, I was unable to make any changes to the pre-selected fastpass+ options. The biggest con was that several of our fastpass+ reservations were unneeded -- the ride was a walkon or the standby lines was very short. However, we were still able to use the old fastpass system and we did several times so it's hard to know how we will feel the next time when this is no longer an option. We were traveling with others and could not always make our fastpass+ times "agree" but this was partially the result of the party not wanting to pre-plan so this could have been less of a con than it was. Still, I would expect it to be a bigger deal if meeting up with folks unexpectedly and finding that you could not ride anything together unless you went to the standby lines.

I think it will take me another tip (with the system entirely implemented) before I can get a better sense of the new system. On a reactionary level, I'm not a fan of the new system but I do want to be fair and evaluate carefully.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you about the new fastpass system, but I"m surprised that you have been able to use six fastpasses in a day - we've never managed more than 2 or 3 because the return window tend to be too late, or all the ones we want are gone by the time we're allowed to get another.

Post Thanks / Like

We are an opening til close kind of tourer....so if we get there before 9am and stay til 9pm we definitely use at least 6....at MK at least. I can't imagine standing on hour long lines on vacation because we are only allowed 3!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl0206 View Post
    We are an opening til close kind of tourer....so if we get there before 9am and stay til 9pm we definitely use at least 6....at MK at least. I can't imagine standing on hour long lines on vacation because we are only allowed 3!
    It depends on when you go. We were there two weeks ago and the longest we were in a line was 45 mins. Wait time posted was 30. Other than that we waited no longer than 20 mins. The only thing we had to change was our strategy for tackling the park. We got to ride everything that we wanted to.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! We usually travel in the summer and would easily use 6 fp in more than one park per day. I wrote to Disney as well because we aren't taking our yearly trip to DW primarily due to the FP+ rollout. I received a phone call from a Disney rep and she was great to talk to. Unfortunately, I don't see a fix to this one. We are going to DL where it is still old FP and dining ressies don't start until 60 days out. I am having issues waiting because we are so conditioned to DW but now it feels so much more relaxed. I would feel so frustrated trying to plan for a trip this summer and worrying if it was going to do well. The number of fp per day is a big downside to me of the new system.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if you can easily use 6 fp in one day! If you do, you are using them on rides you most likely should not be anyway. We were there in october before they started the tier thing. 3 was fine. Actually it worked perfect.

Steve Hambone MF
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl0206 View Post
    is anyone upset about being limited to 3 fastpasses a day like i am? I am used to using the fastpasses all day and using at least 6 a day! And you can only choose 1 out of the tier 1 category! During busy season it is just not enough for one day! If you are you need to write to disney and let them know. ([email protected])this is part of what they replied to me...

disney will always listen to what our guests want and if there is great enough demand for increasing the amount of disney's fastpass+® selections per day then we will seriously look into raising the limit. There are more guests than just yourself that have mentioned your displeasure with the amount selections you are given, and we will look at the system to make sure we do what is best for our guests.

......you can / will write to them with the most clearly stated reasons for your displeasure / disappointment regarding FP+ .....and ...what they hear can only be described as what Charlie Brown's teacher sounds like: "mwaahp.. mwaaahp...mwaahh ...mwaaaahhh".

......that response looks like a robo-answer.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love the new FP system. I really like going in getting them and not having to run around froom one end of the park to the other to get a FP then go and do rides and run all over. You are only able to get 3 but if you find a ride that you have a FP for and decide to wait in line to do it due to a low wait time you have the option of going and trading that for a different FP. It just seems like it organizes your day alot better.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linedropper View Post
    I dont know if you can easily use 6 fp in one day! If you do, you are using them on rides you most likely should not be anyway.
    We almost always use 6-7 FP per day. But that's because my kids like to ride some of the big rides like TT or EE multiple times. We just get a new FP as soon as the old one expires. So, it's not hard at all and we never used a FP at a ride where one wasn't need. If the wait was 20 min or less we didn't use FP. 3 is definitely too few.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    We almost always use 6-7 FP per day. But that's because my kids like to ride some of the big rides like TT or EE multiple times. We just get a new FP as soon as the old one expires. So, it's not hard at all and we never used a FP at a ride where one wasn't need. If the wait was 20 min or less we didn't use FP. 3 is definitely too few.
    ....in my world, a 20 minute wait at WDW is what I consider to be "walk on" ....
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    ....in my world, a 20 minute wait at WDW is what I consider to be "walk on" ....

Only in my world, I stretch this to 30 minutes.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Only in my world, I stretch this to 30 minutes.
    .....you're generous!!!

.....only time that I can say that 90% of the attractions were truly "walk on" (as in .....ghost town scenario) was when we were there ...and hurricane Irene was threatening the east coast ...and hundreds of flights got canceled.

...it was a bit eerie .....in a fun kinda' way.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    .....you're generous!!!

.....only time that I can say that 90% of the attractions were truly "walk on" (as in .....ghost town scenario) was when we were there ...and hurricane Irene was threatening the east coast ...and hundreds of flights got canceled.

...it was a bit eerie .....in a fun kinda' way.
    I guess I have a low wait tolerance. For me a walk on would be 10 minutes or less.

20-30 is an acceptable wait.
    40-60 if the kids beg
    And over 60 is no way. If everything is over 60 it's time to go.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been able to try the new FP+ yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it in September. I'm actually excited about it. We use to get 1-2 FP per day, mostly because when we went over, the times didn't work or we didn't want to run across the park just to see if the time worked. In September crowds are low, so it didn't really feel like we needed them. I like that I'll be able to change them on my phone and not run all over the park.

I think FP is horrible to the standby lines though, so I hope they leave it at 3. If people have too many more than the standby lines will be even worse.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the new Fast Pass+ with the 3 limit recently. We did not like it. Especially for park hopping. You can only have FP in one park and I don't like the tier system either. Really limits the rides you can get in. Just adding my opinion to the discussion.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    I haven't been able to try the new FP+ yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it in September. I'm actually excited about it. We use to get 1-2 FP per day, mostly because when we went over, the times didn't work or we didn't want to run across the park just to see if the time worked. In September crowds are low, so it didn't really feel like we needed them. I like that I'll be able to change them on my phone and not run all over the park.

I think FP is horrible to the standby lines though, so I hope they leave it at 3. If people have too many more than the standby lines will be even worse.
    ....that portion of your comment made me think about something: When we were there in Aug/Sept ....we used the FP+ 'religiously' for the first 5 days of our 10 day trip. And ...it was ...basically a FP ...without the paper ticket. (my impression) There were instances with rides like Space Mtn, Toy Story, Rockin Roller Coaster ...where the FP+ line ...still was a 10 to 15 minute 'journey' through the queue. And the standby lines were ...in my opinion ...still LONG ...and maybe a bit longer (based on previous trip experience).

....when we opted for the standby lines ...it was definitely a bit longer ...and we were there just before free dining kicked in ...and the place was NOT crowded.

...shortly after we left ...the whole change to the GAC to DAS thing was rolled out. And as such ...those with only mobility issues were then directed to the standby lines. I wonder if that is having any impact on the standby lines being reported to be more lengthy?

....it may be that it's a perfect storm of conditions that were created at the same time ...which have led to (as reported by many) longer standby times.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, as are many others. 3 FPs are way too little. Scenario at MK: first we grab Fp at Peter Pan, hit Dumbo and maybe Small World. By then, I can grab another FP, which I do for Jungle Cruise. We then ride Peter Pan, maybe hit Pirates, and use the FP for Jungle Cruise. Then over to grab a FP for Thunder Mtn, we hit Splash Mt, maybe grab lunch while waiting for the FP time, then hit Big Thunder. By now, we've used 3 FPs, and it's only 1:30. So Disney is telling me to stand in line for the rest of the day? I dont' think so, Disney.

After knowing for the last year that we'd be going to WDW the end of this year, I'm definitely leaning towards a trip to Hawaii instead.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I just want the Florida Resident's to get their bands so we can do the FP+ for crying out loud

The 3 a day would help so much in conjunction with our GAC. Right now as it stands, it's so difficult with the new way they do the GAC for my ASD son to function there now.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of the FP limit. I can easily double that with Legacy FP. Plus, I do not like how you can't park hop with the new system
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)