Quantcast Episode 59 - The Line For Goofy Was Too Long - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Take It or Leave It: Tables In Wonderland

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take It

17 80.95%
  • Leave It

4 19.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - I think it was 3 a day. However, we did get a ton of freebees because of the problems we had and the hours I spent trying to correct it.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely loved hearing all of you again while I worked the day away at my desk.

John, thank you so much for sharing that inspirational story with all of us. Thank goodness I keep tissues at my desk!

Can't wait for the next episode, it feels like catching up with friends every time I listen
    See ya real soon!

Jess

Post Thanks / Like

John – SO glad you’re doing well! Scary stuff for sure. And the song coming on while you were at the doctors – I don’t believe in coincidences. I hope you continue to recover quickly!

TIW – TAKE IT!! We love our TIW and it has easily paid for itself 3 times over for us. We never do the dining plan (would be too much food for us) so we love the savings we get with the card. There is a smartphone-friendly version (not an app) of their website that has an updated list of all places that accept it. The fact that it takes % off drinks is great. I love (and always ask) about discounts with any card we have… AP, TIW, DVC, DISNEY VISA. If you don’t ask, you don’t get!!

Frozen – glad to hear I’m not the only one who didn’t love it. Sorry but it did nothing for me. The songs are cute but I just couldn’t get into it. It’s choppy and the story line is a stretch for me. I want to watch it again to see if I will change my mind, but of all the recent animation movies Disney has put out this is my least favorite. *sigh*

FP+ - I’m still on the fence after using it on our trip last month. REALLY liked the bands for ease of purchases and park entry. But the limit to 3 FP in one park (often not even needed) is not cool. And Carol did mention that we are paying for the park hopper benefit and still can’t get FP at the second park…. Grrrrrrrrr. I agree with Ian about the inconvenience trying to get into your room with the band - especially if your hands are full!! It just never lined up right with the door.

Thanks for the great podcast!
    steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Default T i m

Listening to the story about T I M...all I can say is THIS IS WHY DISNEY IS SLIPPING!

I have had similar run in's with cast members in the last 2 trips, including the worst experience ever trying to be a part of the Christmas Day Parade, as well as just simply trying to view a parade. Get there early, find a spot, only to be told to move just before the parade.

Disney needs to wake up. I love Disney, whole heartedly, but the customer service is slipping and that is all they have left when competing in this market. US is about to explode with the new Harry Potter stuff, and if Disney isn't carefully, they are going to see a shift as to who the theme park giant.

We used to say that even if US had better rides, you always knew what you were getting with a DISNEY trip. Great people, great experience, pleasant atmosphere. Sorry, but that is not guaranteed anymore. And to be quite honest, US is picking up the slack and getting better with their customer service too.

1st star to the right and straight on till morning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Caught this line at the end, I think it was Mel who said it, and I may need to put it in my signature: "We crank because we care."

Exactly! 90% of my posts on here are positive, but I don't think there's anything wrong with venting frustrations about the lack of improvements in the parks and the whole My Magic + vs. what's going on with Universal. I found myself agreeing with majority of what was said in the latter half of the podcast. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but something I've been noticing on the boards is this attitude that you have to love everything about Disney World, if not, you're just burnt out or you hate change, or you hate technology, or you don't really love it as much as the rest of us and so on...

So let me get this straight... If I don't go every year/ year and a half, I'll just be so excited to go that I will let all the little details (like what you noticed at PhilharMagic) slip my observation? Don't think so. "We crank because we care." Perfect.
    Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being cranky and pointing out where things are just wrong. Isn't that why Disney has a "complaint line"? It's like somebody in management is forgetting why the parks are so successful, the unique magical experience that the customers keep coming back for. If the parks stop providing that unique magical experience then there are plenty of other parks they can go to that will be more than happy to provide, at least, an exciting experience.

John.
    You said you were on meds, so it's not clear, to me, if you've beaten the cancer, or you're still in treatment. But, either way, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Also, you will like Tangled. It may have a lot of CGI, but it's incredibly well done and comes closest, I think, to appearing to be hand drawn. Also, the plot is fun and well done.
    Mark M :-)
    May 1979 - Honeymoon
    Jan 1993 - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins...
    Jun 2001 - Me, Wife, Kids
    "My one wish, is that in 100 years there'll be a child, hiding under their covers with a flashlight, reading a copy of the Martian Chronicles, on the Red Planet" - Ray Bradbury, 8/22/1920 - 6/6/2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's the scoop...

My thyroid was removed - so the cancer is gone. As far as we can tell from all the tests that were done before and especially after - it was localized there.

Problem is, you need your thyroid - so if you don't have one - you are on medication for life that replaces what your thyroid makes. In my case it was Synthroid - and now it's Tirosint.

Finally - because I am over 40, male and had a follicular variant of thyroid cancer, they are recommending I do Radioactive Iodine treatment at the end of March which will eliminate any remnants of Thyroid tissue. That means a special diet for 3 weeks and about 5 days of relative isolation.

So, again - the cancer is gone and after the treatment in March, will have only about a 2% chance of recurrence.

All in all - I'm feeling pretty blessed (thanks for all the prayers)! Considering what I was initially told, this is a far cry from that.

Post Thanks / Like

What an emotional podcast! I went from crying to laughing out loud. All good stuff.

I am partial to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as a charity, having lost a cousin and my Mother to leukemia. But as a group I would think something with a non specific cancer theme, such as the American Cancer Society, may be a good choice.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Just getting caught up on my podcast listening.

John, you got me choked up listening to your story about the music on the radio during your CT Scan. I totally believe that there are NO COINCIDENCES and maybe the big guy was indeed sending a comforting message your way. That was awesome to hear. Glad you're doing well now.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    Just getting caught up on my podcast listening.

John, you got me choked up listening to your story about the music on the radio during your CT Scan. I totally believe that there are NO COINCIDENCES and maybe the big guy was indeed sending a comforting message your way. That was awesome to hear. Glad you're doing well now.
    Thanks Jenn ��

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!

Um...unreal podcast... When I dl'd it I was like - what the heck they talk about for sooo loonng.

BUT after a bit - it all made sense.

As many have said JY - very glad to hear your road has smoothed out. Your experiences just make us all remember how precious things can be and what time we have to share them and make the most of them while we are HERE.

TIW - never used it but from the details if I had the AP and was a local it seems to be the way to go. For our small family - DW and I - the QSDP is our best bang. Just works for us based on our needs and our tracking costs prior to not having it. YES we save using it.

TIM - very sad to hear about this. Personally this is why in many many years we have not visited US. Caliber of CM's was down at those parks and when they began to chase the bucks we decided to quit. Time frame - prior to the Simpsons Ride. Never looked back... Not HP fans either so no draw for DW and me there.

Sleep Number Bed - have had one for 10 years. I love it - DW is hit or miss. We had a water bed for years - both before we were married...then as a couple. 10 years ago I was diagnosed with spinal-stenosis and the Sleep Number Bed has helped me a lot. I have it at 80 to 100. DW is at 35 to 45. We do love it. In fact if you have a water bed frame, with draws below you can just get the sleep mattress set up. We opted for the top end with pillow top at that time and it fits nicely in our frame. So our bed is larger if you will - sort of between a king and queen if you think of STD mattresses. I'd never go back. BUT do I sometimes wake up still with pains - YES. Do I sometimes have sleepless nights - YES. Don't believe all the hype...you won't be guaranteed solid sleep all the time. But at least my sleep is better. It is nice but can be colder vs. the heated water bed feel. And our WB was not full motion either. I do like the Sleep Number Bed. GOOD LUCK.

All this FP+ stuff...I can only hope it gets better. I feel we will really miss the ol'legacy FP's. I just hope if we have 3 to use...and only use one at a park and then hop to another park during the same day that the "iPod CM's" can fix us up. Thanks JY for that tip - if I understand what you meant.

AND I very much enjoy the tweets from the runDisney events and the folks who visit more often than DW and I can. I look forward to seeing the pics and the comments from the folks who run and attend these events. And the new programs and merchandise – GREAT TEASERS!!! Fills a great gab between podcasts. Plus I love the abuse of technology!!!
    59 - was one of my favorite podcasts...lots of info and great humor too between the icot folks.

SOOO THANKS FOR THAT!

BTW, even with the latest iTunes Podcast App fix – the podcasts won’t dl on my iDevices. I need to DL them on my laptop and use iTunes to transfer them to my iDevices. FYI…
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP+ Help

Can you folks clarify...

Say I start the day at MK and I have FP's scheduled. If the park is too busy and I leave and go to DHS can I talk to an iPod CM and have them delete my FP's from MK and schedule some if available at DHS? Does it make a difference IF I used any at MK that day or not before I left that park meaning do all 3 need to unused before I make a request to dump them from MK?

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    Can you folks clarify...

Say I start the day at MK and I have FP's scheduled. If the park is too busy and I leave and go to DHS can I talk to an iPod CM and have them delete my FP's from MK and schedule some if available at DHS? Does it make a difference IF I used any at MK that day or not before I left that park meaning do all 3 need to unused before I make a request to dump them from MK?

Thanks!
    I'm fairly certain if you have NOT used any, you can dump them and start over at another park. Or at least that's how it originally was. To be honest, they are changing the rules and I can never be sure what's the updated status.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We have

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm fairly certain if you have NOT used any, you can dump them and start over at another park. Or at least that's how it originally was. To be honest, they are changing the rules and I can never be sure what's the updated status.
    On our trip in January, we had a 1/2 day set up at AK morning. We had fast passes set up for 3 attractions. When we got there, the park was empty and things were walk on. I knew we would be at DHS that evening. I cancelled all of our fast passes on my phone and got new ones for DHS for that evening.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you - to the MEL's!!!

Our trip is May2014 and we are planning some stuff now. There are 4 of us for a few days and we've already had issues LINKING and making sure our FP's are set for the 4 of us. Once our traveling friends leave it will be just DW and I and we've set up a few more.

APP stinks... too many places to do the same thing different ways...IMO.
    Some FP's we see all 4 of us and some only 3 of us. We've no idea why.
    So far our ADR's show all 4 of us.

Time will tell how this all works out. Just wondered from those who used it. Still don't like having to use my iDevices while on vaca... We always try and dis-connect from the world while at the WORLD. Now seems we will be tethered in some way to use this FP stuff.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: