Quantcast Transportation opinions wanted please!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transportation opinions wanted please!

So, I have a transportation question, and I knew you all would have the best opinions and options for me!

We have a reservation at Rose & Crown in Epcot at 7:50, and are hoping to see Illuminations while we are at dinner (seated outside...crossing fingers). Well, after we are done with Illuminations, we are wanting to park hop over to MK for EMH. Since we are near the international gateway, would it be easier to exit there and take a bus from the Yacht or Beach club resort, as opposed to walking ALL the way to the main exit to ride either the monorail or bus? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the walking distance is all that much different for the two options. But I walk pretty fast on your average day. So I would choose monorail because the timeframe to wait for a monorail is pretty much set in stone. It operates on a loop, with no road traffic. After waiting an undetermined amount of time for the bus at one of the resorts (maybe one just left, or there's a big crowd headed to EMH), the bus needs to contend with traffic.

On the other hand, the monorail option really entails TWO trips (EPCOT-TTC, then TTC-MK) which might negate the time savings.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand, the monorail option really entails TWO trips (EPCOT-TTC, then TTC-MK) which might negate the time savings.[/QUOTE]

True, but even if there weren't a savings in time, I'd personally much rather be riding the monorail than twiddling my thumbs in queue at a bus stop.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about all of that too..I just wasn't sure if it would save some time because I know after Illuminations, there is usually a mad rush of people heading to the exit (and to the monorail) so I thought maybe it would save some time. haha I probably over-analyze things too much when I plan my trips!
    "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!"

Post Thanks / Like

Buses do not operate from park to park, so you'd either have to walk to BC&YC for their bus to MK or monorail over to MK.

Normally I would say without doubt monorail, only question would be is that after illuminations will there be a wave exiting and doing the same thing, which could mean that you'd find yourself waiting for the monorail both at Epcot and at TTC.

Coin flip??

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a bus from EPCOT to the Contemporary/Poly/Grand Floridian? Why not bus to Grand Flo, then Resort Monorail to MK (next stop on the Monorail loop)?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably walk to beach club and catch a cab to MK. That would be the quickest way in my opinion.

I would pick the monorail over a bus. The only thing is all the people heading in the same direction after Illuminations. In our experience the international gateway is always less crowded than the front exit after Illuminations.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

From Rose and Crown, it is much quicker and closer to exit from the International Gateway and head to the Beach Club to grab an MK bus from there. That's the best plan (unless you're willing to spring for a taxi from there, which would be even quicker). Walking through Future World to catch the monorail, and change monorails, would be a much longer way to go.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would go the monorail route. I think the buses are really slow in regards to time. Plus it is just as fun to ride as the attractions in the parks!
    Ashley
    Art of Animation- Nov/Dec 2015
    Grand Floridan- September 2014
    Bay Lake Tower- June 2013
    Treehouse Villas- April 2012
    Grand Californian- August 2011
    Animal Kingdom Villas- December 2010
    Animal Kingdom Villas- May 2010
    Bay Lake Tower- December 2009
    All Star Movies- March 2009
    +6 more

Post Thanks / Like

Give yourself *at least* an hour's travel time.

Illuminations lasts approximately 20-25 minutes. Then you need to either walk out of International Gateway or to the front of the park (another 15 minutes at the minimum).

Then, along with a lot of other guests, you'll need to wait for a Monorail or a bus. Depending on how you catch 'em (either one just left, or one pulling in), you'll be waiting about 15 minutes.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the walk from International Gateway to the Beach Club bus is most direct/least crowded, but it's anyone's guess as to how frequent the buses will run. If it were me, I'd probably take my chances with the crowd and monorail. Whatever you decide, come back and let us know how it went.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

My personal attack to that situation would be to exit International Gateway, walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery, buy a scrumptious Strawberry cupcake, and then catch a bus to the MK - of course enjoying my cupcake as I waited.

The walk is a bit further, but the cupcake makes it worth it!

I think that the time difference will be minimal. What you save by not waiting for a bus, you will spend in taking the second monorail to the MK or waiting in line for the monorail to the MK. The bus from any of the resorts will take you directly to the main gate of MK so you will not have to take a second mode of transportation. However, the wait for the bus could take as much as 30 minutes at times - but it could be less as they may have ramped up the bus schedule to accommodate those traveling from the resorts for EMH.

Get the cupcake and enjoy the scenery - you may even come across one of the street performers at the Boardwalk!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I would probably walk to beach club and catch a cab to MK. That would be the quickest way in my opinion.
    Yes - this!! Being in the United Kingdom you would be right next to IG already. A quick walk to the BC then through the lobby and have Bell Services at the front of the resort call you a cab. A well spent $20 for less aggravation in my opinion!
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Share This Thread On Social Media: