Quantcast Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

Longtime Disneyland guest favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are getting ready to begin their final seasonal holiday performances at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this Friday. At the end of this special holiday run, their final day of performances at Disneyland park will be January 6, 2014.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been entertaining guests at Disneyland park for more than 20 years and join a legacy of live entertainers that have performed in the park throughout its 58-year history. Future plans for Big Ranch Thunder Jamboree are to feature a variety of entertainment offerings during our many seasonal and special celebrations.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sad. I really enjoyed their shows. Wonder what they will put into the Golden Horseshoe???
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    Oh how sad. I really enjoyed their shows. Wonder what they will put into the Golden Horseshoe???
    Laughing Stock is still there now. But I would hope there will be some sort of rotation with something else. I can only take so much of that show. Not nearly as fun as the Billies. This is such sad news.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad!

We were enjoying Billy Hill and the Hillbillies when the earthquake hit Disneyland back in 2008. (We just thought their show had awesome effects! ) . They sure were fun!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news, indeed. They have tons of fans that will miss them. I do feel that the Disney PTB rather disregarded them the last couple of years by taking them out of the Horseshoe and having them perform at the Ranch. That venue is just too big for a small act that likes to play off the audience. What a shame.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Billy Hill leaving

our last show will be on Monday, January 6, 2014.
    Disneyland is retiring the Billy Hill & the Hillbillies show and us along with it.

boo I will miss them
    2/91 Caribbean Beach<br />12/95 Dixie Landings<br />4/00 Coronado Springs<br />2/04 Beach Cl & Anim. King. Lodge<br /><br /><br />"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed seeing them 11 years ago at the Golden Horseshoe. They were very entertaining and hilarious.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Very sad!

We were enjoying Billy Hill and the Hillbillies when the earthquake hit Disneyland back in 2008. (We just thought their show had awesome effects! ) . They sure were fun!
    Amazing! My family was also watching Billy and having lunch at the time the earthquake hit. Billy's reaction was something I will never forget!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I am bringing friends in January that have never been to DLR and I am so disappointed that they are not going to get to see this wonderful act! All you Billys will be missed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting right now for the 3:15 show. Such a shame they are leaving. Everyone around me is talking about and some are very vocally unhappy.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote a quick letter one day regarding the end of the Billys at Disneyland. Didn't take the time to revise or rephrase wording until it was perfect, just sat down with a pen and paper and wrote my true feelings in a few minutes.

Got back the typical, what I will call, form letter telling me that much thought and prior feedback has gone in to this decision and reminding me that Walt stated that Disneyland will never be completed . . . yada yada yada.

I'm still glad I wrote and really I didn't expect more of a response than I what I received. It's nice that they responded. While the reply almost makes it feel as if they aren't listening, I believe they do in fact take these things seriously when the feedback becomes overwhelmingly one sided. I got the same type of response when I wrote a three page letter about the horror that was the Annual Passholder Premier of Light Magic (That response from them went on to say that most feedback they received had been positive. I believe that was a bunch of baloney). Light Magic was gone forever less than four months later.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, I was at the AP preview for Light Magic. Didn't like it. Only saw it once and that was enough. The CM's refer to it as Light Tragic I did end up getting a Tshirt/sweatshirt and a pin though.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that stinks! I will miss them.

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyland's loss is Knott's Berry Farms gain...just read on Facebook, Knott's announced Kirk Wall and the Hillbillies (formerly known as Billy Hill and the Hillbillies) have signed on to perform at the theme park weekends (Saturday and Sunday) beginning January 18, 2014.