Quantcast Registration tips for Run Disney events notorious for selling out?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Registration tips for Run Disney events notorious for selling out?

Intercot!

I am determined to register for the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare (10k/half) Challenge this year, late August. The social media madness for the WDW Marathon Weekend over in Florida has things especially on my mind.

I have a reminder in my phone for registration day (both day of, and day before!) in a few short weeks. I see that events tend to open at 12:00 noon EST so that's 10:00 a.m. MST. Reports last year report that the event sold out in 2h (some even say less than an hour). Do I even have a hope??

I'm resigned to the fact that this just might not be possible? Is that too pessimistic? It seems so much can go wrong!

As a Canadian, I couldn't even get a Disney Visa even if I wanted one. AP doesn't make sense either from all the way up here. Sounds like there were now pre-registration tents at other Run Disney events. So my pre-registration options are exhausted (and I'm kind of glad, that one option seems to have been discontinued, so I won't be behind).

What can I do? Just log-in and hope for the best at the right time registration day?

I think I know my own answer here. Fingers crossed! Any tips are appreciated!
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They do sell out fast, anything and everything you can do to increase your chances if you really want to go. Make sure you are correct with the start time for registration (is it PST, EST, daylight savings time?), etc. I'd take the day off from work if its middle of the day start time...

I'd try to sign up a couple hours before start time, then an hour, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe some charities have spots for runners. It may require fundraising on your part, but it's a way in
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

I just sent you a PM with a link that I heard about in a Disney running blog.
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't doing the massive pre-reg this year so more spots should be available.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

badkitty - so does that mean I will not be able to sign up at the Tink Half? I was really hoping to preregister this weekend!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, Lacy. Last year there was pre-registration at both the WDW Marathon weekend and Tink weekend. This year they aren't doing it. Although we took advantage of it last year for my hubby to run the Dumbo Double Dare, I do think it gives a more fair advantage to everyone.

Awesome_guy, just be ready to go when registration opens, like you said. This is an unprecedented thing since there was pre-registration last year, so no one can be sure how quickly it will sell out. Best of luck!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: