Quantcast Fastpass+ is way worse than I thought...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass+ is way worse than I thought...

Okay, so we're here now. I heard all the stuff about FP+, but I'm a fanatic, so I gave Disney the benefit of the doubt.

I was so very, very wrong.

Nevermind the fact that my wife and I don't have smart phones. Nevermind the fact that the hotel Wi-Fi on property is so slow that it takes 2 hours each night to get FP+.

We only get 3 a day....and apparently not for EVERY day we're on property.

We are at POP Century, and we only have Magic Bands. No key cards. With FP+, you CANNOT get FPs in the parks. It has to be done at Guest Services using one of their iPads, or online. A HUUUUUUGE inconvenience for non-techy people with small children.

And, I just tried to get FPs for our FOURTH day in the park, and the website said we have exceeded our limits for this trip. Mind you, we didn't use the ones in Epcot, because the selections there are ridiculous....we had to choose EITHER Soarin, Test Track, or Meet Mickey...you can only get ONE of those. Then you can pick two of the rest of the "attractions" that Epcot has to offer.

So, I tried to contact help online. Good luck with that. I tried to call the number. Nope. I went down to the guest services desk at Pop. They had no idea what was going on. Literally. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A LIMIT!!!

Honestly, if they go with the system as-is...I won't be returning until my children are much older....and I am a complete fan-boy/fanatic. I went to see "Home On The Range"...that's how much I love this company. My wife and I have literally cried about this. But FP+ is a deal-breaker. The lines are awful, and we can't see our favorite attractions more than once per day. They are forcing us all to vacation the exact same way as everyone else, with no regard to experience or dedication. It stinks.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are kiosks set up in the parks for FP+ if I am not mistaken because they are using them for the test of the Swan/Dolphin resorts. The Epcot and Studio restrictions have been in effect for a couple of weeks now also. They have been discussed to no end on this board. Sorry you missed that discussion. There has been an issue with the FP+ saying that you have exceeded your limit. That has been discussed here as well. You have to go out and go back in (that is what I did) and it should allow you to pick FP's for that day. I hope that things get better for you. I do recommend that you check out the fp kiosks at the entrance or guest services at each park. They also have one at the back entrance to Epcot.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You cannot make changes at those kiosks unless there is an attendant with an iPad. Apparently that is a new thing as of this week. The kiosks are only there to serve as reminders. Seriously. We've been through all of this. And I did follow the discussions...and I did "go out and come back in". Still nothing. I called guest service. They informed me that I may have made too many changes on the day of my visit.

And yes, the restrictions have been discussed ad nauseum, but until this week, nobody knew for a fact that you could ONLY use FP+. I got the impression that we could also get FPs in the parks, which we can't. In fact, well over half the cast members I spoke to, INCLUDING THOSE AT THE FP+ KIOSK, did not know that. This whole thing is a mess. Period.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Fast Pass + is making you miserable. Unfortunately you have the bad luck of being at Pop Century the first week they went to Magic bands only. I think it started the 14th so I'm really not surprised that there is conflicting information and problems. None of the other resorts have gone to bands only yet.

I've also seen other reports that it is busier than usual this time of year.

I hope your trip improves.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, this doesn't make me feel too confident that our upcoming June vacation will be smooth sailing. I understand that the "kinks" have to be worked out, but after reading all the posts regarding this rollout, and following along with members trip reports, there are more negative responses than positive.

I am not sure if this question has been answered and I understand this correctly, but if I have a room only reservation and plan on purchasing park tickets upon our arrival at the resort, I will not be able to plan our Fastpasses until I arrive at the park? ....and this will be done at a park kiosk unless we have a smartphone?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program, if guest service was actually something Disney still cared about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    You cannot make changes at those kiosks unless there is an attendant with an iPad. Apparently that is a new thing as of this week. The kiosks are only there to serve as reminders. Seriously. We've been through all of this. And I did follow the discussions...and I did "go out and come back in". Still nothing. I called guest service. They informed me that I may have made too many changes on the day of my visit.

And yes, the restrictions have been discussed ad nauseum, but until this week, nobody knew for a fact that you could ONLY use FP+. I got the impression that we could also get FPs in the parks, which we can't. In fact, well over half the cast members I spoke to, INCLUDING THOSE AT THE FP+ KIOSK, did not know that. This whole thing is a mess. Period.

Thought it was just our group that the kiosk didn't work for. Glad to know it wasn't. Sorry you are having a rough go at it.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in January, and I am sad to say, that I can't just be excited for the trip. I have to wonder if the whole thing is going to be a fiasco. I sure wish they had stuck with the good old paper fast passes. That was so simple to navigate.
    Formerly luvinmesomedisney. Someone in the family turned off my "remember me" button and I forgot ME. Forgot my password so had to use a different name.

Post Thanks / Like

"Honestly, if they go with the system as-is...I won't be returning until my children are much older....and I am a complete fan-boy/fanatic. I went to see "Home On The Range"...that's how much I love this company. "

I am so sorry that FastPass+ is not working for your family. We are going to be there in January and I am having anxiety about the quality of our trip as well.

I love this quote from your original post. It made my day and you are a SUPER FAN!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program...
    True.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that if you go to a FastPass attendant, (maybe at the attraction entrance) and tell them you are at POP, they are issuing FP cards to be used in the machines...apparently its only for the complainers..since they're trying to eliminate the paper passes completely. But its worth a try if you're still there.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

sorry you are having trouble...I arrive the 30th and am wondering what I am gonna run into. esp since I don't have FP picked yet and the 2nd person going is not sure if they are going to get an Florida AP and the original 2nd person on the room is not going, so I asked about changing the name and haven't gotten a response from Disney via email.
    and im staying at 3 diff places so have 3 sets of bands...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. This makes me glad that we're not going back for a while. Usually, we'd be getting back about now, but we went early this year. But we're not going at all in 2014, because we'll be going with family that probably won't be able to go until 2015. I'm sure hoping that they've fixed the system by then!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Really sorry about how your trip is going. That is such a shame. I hope things improve before you leave.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! This really stinks and frankly there is nothing you can do about it, but "complain" I would be so angry. If I was getting the run around when I spent god knows how much money to come to WDW and all I’m getting is a headache...not cool Disney!!! They should have never tried this system out on the paying customers until it was up and running the right way. They could and should have done dry runs with employees to see how it was going to work first... Something needs to change and fast or a lot of loyal customers are going to choose other vacations..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. We were there in October and it was the most stressful vacation I have EVER taken. I love Disney but won't be back until this all gets ironed out and I start hearing favorable reports on the boards.

If the system stays as it is, I don't think I am going back because the new FP+ system IS effecting the regular lines also.

Unless you have been there since this new system started you can not understand how this has affected ALL guests, whether using FP+ or not.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh!!!!

Not what I want to hear when we are arriving in a few days with a large group that includes many first timers. I have this vision in my head that everything that can go wrong does go wrong and our first timers are going to look at us like we are crazy for all the trips we've taken in the past. LOL. They have already expressed how expensive they think this Disney trip is to them. Yikes!

Hope for the best, expect the worst......I guess that's how we will go into it. I have been mentally preparing myself for all that I've been reading about and I've decided to try my very best to not let any of it ruin the trip.

To the OP, sorry your trip is not going well. I do hope things look up for you. I can imagine how disappointed you must be, I would feel the same way.

This is the first time EVER that I am glad we have no plans to return to WDW next year. We had planned to take the year off because of other vacation plans, but I can't say we are bummed about it at this point. I really think we need the break anyway, and all this "testing" definitely makes me want to wait to see how everything turns out once the dust has settled.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program, if guest service was actually something Disney still cared about.
    I agree 100%. When customers/guests are still paying a premium for their vacation any new system/program should be as close to invisible as possible. This is just a mess!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I love Disney but won't be back until this all gets ironed out and I start hearing favorable reports on the boards.

If the system stays as it is, I don't think I am going back because the new FP+ system IS effecting the regular lines also.
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post

This is the first time EVER that I am glad we have no plans to return to WDW next year. We had planned to take the year off because of other vacation plans, but I can't say we are bummed about it at this point. I really think we need the break anyway, and all this "testing" definitely makes me want to wait to see how everything turns out once the dust has settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I agree 100%. When customers/guests are still paying a premium for their vacation any new system/program should be as close to invisible as possible. This is just a mess!
    I completely agree with the above statements. This system is a complete mess and is alienating a lot of guests.

This system should have been tested and been far more mature before it was turned loose on the guests. At it's current state right now today, it should still be in development testing behind the scenes.

We are all basically paying big money to go to WDW and be beta testers and we aren't getting any benefit......in actuality it is making the experience far less enjoyable.

I am not even looking at planning a trip right now and I schedule/plan a year in advance so I know for sure we aren't going next year and it is starting to look like 2015 is out as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry you are stressed out. I would definitely say something now - ask a manager if they can give you some vouchers that act like fastpasses. Not sure if they can still do this - we have gotten them at various times when things were less than magical. It always pays to speak up and then speak up again. They want all visitors to have a magical time but I imagine even the cast members must be frustrated with this roll out.

I would also email when you get home - they respond to every email. Not that you want to go back, but they could offer you something to restore the magic the next time. I emailed about fastpass+ and the fact that we are not taking our normal two week trip this summer for the first time in over 10 years. We instead will be staying with family in Arizona and getting a Disney fix in CA away from FP+. We definitely would have spent more money in FL and I wanted them to know that we are a loyal customer taking our cash elsewhere. I received a phone call from a customer service rep who was great and listened and passed on my concerns about the new system. Maybe if everyone with concerns emailed they would reconsider this disaster of a program.

I have tried to find positives and do hope for the best but am not willing to risk my vacation. I feel really bad for people with trips scheduled in the next few months.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: