Quantcast We are Back...Some Raves & Rants but we still love it!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Wink We are Back...Some Raves & Rants but we still love it!

Okay, so we just got back from our quick 4 day three night trip NOV 4 to the 8th.... ABSOLUETLY NO CROWDS..RAVE!

1st day was DTD....My 11 year old loved Disney Quest, He did not remember much anything from his visit when he was 6 just that he liked it...I however realized it was all the same and found it a little boring but did not share that with my son, so this would be A Little RANT.
    We will not go back unless there are major changes.

For Lunch T-Rex was good but sadly the Dinosaur room toward the back was closed, they first sat us next to the bar we asked to be moved and they kindly moved us to the ICE room which was better in our opinion.
    Had late night dessert at Rainforest great waiter lots of fun.

1st Park Day....Magic Kingdom.....RAVE...LOVED LOVED LOVED the Sorcerer Quests and really LOVED the Pirate Quests in Adventure land. The Pirate quest was really the best NEW thing we did the entire trip. Now here it the BIGGEST RANT...SO MANY RIDES BROKE DOWN WHILE WE WERE ON IT or in QUE!!!! Here is the list, Pirates, People Mover, Buzz Light Year, the Haunted Mansion, The Barn Stormer, and the new Ride that is like Nemo (can't remember the name) NOW these were not load a person in a wheel chair stops...these were hard 5-10 minutes stops. It got ridiculous, Pirates we actually had to exit. That was really sad. Still the magic Kingdom is our favorite but really??? 6 RIDES Break down in one visit??? We were having some really bad luck or Imagineers are slacking. the Card quests saved the day we had so much fun doing these. The last time we were there we had friends with us that had never been so we did not Do the quests but I am so glad we stopped and took the time to do them...what fun! We were sad there was no night time parade but wishes was such fun with the new glow hats!

2nd day Epcot was good, I truly think they need updating there. It used to be my favorite place to go, we did not go there last trip and I was disappointed, this trip we went and I was a little let down that some stuff is so old. However, once again I will say the Agent P phone missions were what saved the day. We really enjoyed the missions and because there were so few people most of the surprises we found without it being spoiled by someone ahead of us. And the pepole in the countries helped us and so we got to talk to them it was nice.
    My son (11) and I both thought Illuminations was a tad boring...too much smoke not enough color. The concept of unity and the countries being lit up was still wonderful but the actual fireworks portion was lacking. And the fire in the middle whats with that? It just looks like a pacific oil rig on fire?

The last day we just stayed at our hotel, which by the way would NOT recommend. I will never stay off property again (unless staying with family that live there in town). Just not the same thing. The Hilton Parc Soleil is a hard sell Times Share thing and in the middle of NO WHERE! BEWARE...

Over all we had a wonderful time, it seems to me however that Disney has lost a little of that "Special" Disney touch and magic. In ride repair/upkeep, cast member service and attitudes, cleanliness (empty water bottle floating in so many of the rides etc). 25 years ago it was better. IMHO. BUT....BUT...we would go back in a heart beat which might be the reason they slack they know they got you...lol
    Disneyland '73 off site (Family Home)
    Disney World '81 off site (Family Home)
    Disney World '87 off site (Family Home)
    Disney World '92 off site (Family Home)
    DW Oct. '07 WL
    DW Sept '08 POFQ
    DW July '09 Off site (Family Home)
    DW Feb '12 POFQ
    DW Nov '13 Off site (Hilton Parc Soleil, YUCK!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!

We had issues with the Little Mermaid ride at MK too. After a ride with a couple of stops, including a very long one, they told us we could stay on for another ride (without us even asking). The second time was MUCH better.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Going at quieter times, we've had issues with rides stopping now and then, too. Sometimes a large amount in one park, and usually the MK. But it never bothers us. It actually adds interest. You get to stay in one spot for a while and really take it in, and it makes for a more unique experience. I doubt first timers would see it this way, but I don't mind it as a veteran park lover. Though, of course, yes, in a perfect world...
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

We had issues with the Little Mermaid ride at MK too. After a ride with a couple of stops, including a very long one, they told us we could stay on for another ride (without us even asking). The second time was MUCH better.

WE got to ride DUMBO four times in a row!!!!!!!!! Until the very very last ride. It was not because it was broke it was because we were there at the end of the night and there was no line and they just let us keep riding....my son did not want to go on (to babyish) I had to drag him and then of course DISNEY Magic made it the most special ride of the day!
    DW Oct. '07 WL
    DW Sept '08 POFQ
    DW Feb '12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Going at quieter times, we've had issues with rides stopping now and then, too. Sometimes a large amount in one park, and usually the MK. But it never bothers us. It actually adds interest. You get to stay in one spot for a while and really take it in, and it makes for a more unique experience. I doubt first timers would see it this way, but I don't mind it as a veteran park lover. Though, of course, yes, in a perfect world...
    Yes I can agree I liked that since I have been on some of the rides a bunch of times but for my son...in the Haunted mansion he found all the wires on the instruments and the head and well...that was a buster. He liked getting stuck in Buzz....HIGHER SCORE! LOL
    DW Oct. '07 WL
    DW Sept '08 POFQ
    DW Feb '12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, I would never stay off site either its part of the fun for us.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a fun trip!! We've stayed off-site once or twice and also much prefer to stay on site.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your trip report. I am glad you had a good trip but I do agree with some of your rants. Staying off site gives you a feeling you are missing something. I also agree with you that WDW has lost a little of that magic. 10+ years ago you would never see ANY trash ANY where except where it belonged. It is disappointing to see trash (i.e. water bottles, wrappers, etc.) floating in POC or SM or on the sidewalks, etc. Just my opinion...
    Thanks again for sharing!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

We went from the 5th to the 9th and I am wondering if you and I were on the Haunted Mansion at the same time. I now know the ghost that pops up from behind the tomb stone is on a 7 second delay. My husband said the same exact thing about Illuminations and your quote just made us crack up...best laugh all day!! They really need to revamp the fireworks and do something with that random fire thing in the middle of the lake..lol.
    Glad you had a great time and how did you like that weather? Coming from Upstate NY, we love, love, loved it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice trip report. Break downs sometimes are fun. Agent P is that the game people at Epcot?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report. I know rides malfunction but 6 in one day. Considering the price of a single day ticket, that would have made me furious. Kudos to you for rolling with the punches.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.

One thing we have found is that the service level seems to be a "fluid" thing, one trip the CMs are wonderful and helpful and nice, next trip crabby, next trip WONDERFUL beyond WONDERFUL, next trip....not so much, etc.

As far as upgrades to the parks, well everytime Disney changes something there is a cry throught the land that they are taking away the "magic". For me, the magic is just being there!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: