Quantcast Updated FP+ Info From Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Updated FP+ Info From Disney

I just got off the phone with a DIsney employee from their My Disney Experience help desk.

He told me that the FP+ testing will continue through the end of November.
    Then they will decide when to implement it.

I told him I was going at the end of December and he said it should be live by then. He also said that the old FP system will still be in place in December, maybe longer because it will take time to switch completely over to just FP+. So for all of us going in Dec we should be able to use both FP systems at the same time.

Donald Duck

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. There was a release that went out a couple of days ago saying the system is going live in October instead of just testing and that the old FP system would be gone by the end of November. I'm not sure which info is correct. Your source is a Disney CM but the release also came from Disney.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be until the "official" testing period is over that the REAL test will begin. That's when everyone will be limited to FP+, no more hybrid of old and new FP systems. Then we'll see the true impact, or lack thereof, on standby lines. Or we'll at least hear the true anedotes.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard the "go live" date to be Oct. 25 several times now, from several different sources. Not saying that's official, but at this moment I am going to anticipate Oct. 25th to be the go live date.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from a CM that the official roll out date is 12/1/13.

17 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I think the point is quickly being proven - there's a lot of bad information being given out by CMs on this. A lot of them don't really know other than what they've "heard" same as the rest of us. The official release had it going live at various resorts week by week through October with the plan to have every resort online by the end of October. Because that is an official release from Disney it's what I would trust for now (unless, of course, we find out differently, which seems to be entirely possible).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The official release had it going live at various resorts week by week through October with the plan to have every resort online by the end of October. Because that is an official release from Disney it's what I would trust for now (unless, of course, we find out differently, which seems to be entirely possible).
    This is what Iger said on CNBC last week when they were interviewing him. They want it on board for the start of their new fiscal year.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be at WDW for the Wine and Dine Half in November, staying on DVC points. I haven't heard anything about getting FP+. Is this something I should be worried about/looking for?
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Is this something I should be worried about/looking for?
    Yes - you definitely need to research it (and it's been all over the boards). All Fastpasses will now be done in advance. No more inserting your card and being told when to come back. It's basically like an ADR. Now, if you don't use Fastpass, then it's nothing to worry about.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I guess I should have specified. I haven't gotten any notifications from Disney about being qualified to sign up for FP+. I've heard about the program (which I am not eager to try out, btw) I just didn't realize that it was going to be in effect for my next trip as anything more than testing.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It won't be until the "official" testing period is over that the REAL test will begin. That's when everyone will be limited to FP+, no more hybrid of old and new FP systems.
    That's not what the CM told me. He said there will be a period when the testing is over and FP+ starts that both systems will be available to use. He said it's going to take time for the old FP system to go away, won't happen overnight.

I hope he's right.

Post Thanks / Like

From the sources I have, this is due to be fully rolled out at the end of the month. Of course, if there are issues such as the bands not working at one of the hotels for all or vast majority of guests, then I could see it been pushed into November, as that would be a showstopper defect. Now if there are just intermittent glitches, I guarantee they'll roll it out as planned.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the phone last night with IT since my Premier pass won't link. They couldn't fix it yet. Disney is still having issues with some APs and I expressed concern that I wouldn't be able to select FPs and she said not to worry. According to her, other "roll out" is for having all resorts with the magic band technology and the FP+ would still be in test mode. Hard to know what to believe.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    I was on the phone last night with IT since my Premier pass won't link. They couldn't fix it yet. Disney is still having issues with some APs and I expressed concern that I wouldn't be able to select FPs and she said not to worry. According to her, other "roll out" is for having all resorts with the magic band technology and the FP+ would still be in test mode. Hard to know what to believe.
    That sounds plausible. Disney could roll out the use of magic bands for purchases, room key, etc., but still keep Fast Pass + in test mode until it works for all ticket media.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: