Quantcast Fast pass +

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast pass +

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast pass +

Am I the only one? This fast pass+ stuff seems really "Goofy" to me (pun intended) ....
    we'll be heading to WDW in mid December and there is no way I would consider planning my itinerary around this "Goof" feature! I'm good for a couple of dinner reservations but beyond that, I'm goin' with the flow. I simply cannot be constrained by schedules!

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand how you feel.
    Since it's still in the trial faze, we're going to give it a try. The only FP+ times I selected is when we have a dinner reservation at a park. Since I know we'll be in the park for a dinner reservation, I know a FP+ time will work out. I chose some times before the dinner reservation.

What will happen to spontaneity when our entire vacation is preprogrammed?
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

The wrist bands are also kind of...well...cheesy. There is NO way DBF will be wearing his. NO WAY.

I'm not overly concerned with style, but I probably won't be wearing mine either. I just find them ugly.

You know, each person needs to plan or travel the way she wants to travel. Over planning and FP+ works for some people. It doesn't work very well for you and me. I've just learned that actually have MORE FUN and see MORE THINGS when I go with the flow. I plan some details, so FP+ will be useful in some ways, but I probably won't get EVERYTHING out of it. That's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too wild about having to plan rides ahead of time either. I absolutely HATE dinner reservations and never make any of them either.

There is no way I will wear those stupid bracelets either but I do like the convenience associated with them as far as getting into the parks and paying. As long as I can just put it in my pocket or use a card with the chip instead, I am good with that part.

To get anything done, we are almost going to be forced into using them once it goes live and everyone can use them because so many others will.

The ones I feel sorry for are the first time visitors to the parks that have no idea how to plan these things or how to use it effectively. I would imagine some of them are going to feel overwhelmed and waste a lot of time wandering around in circles once in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Am I the only one? This fast pass+ stuff seems really "Goofy" to me (pun intended) ....
    we'll be heading to WDW in mid December and there is no way I would consider planning my itinerary around this "Goof" feature! I'm good for a couple of dinner reservations but beyond that, I'm goin' with the flow. I simply cannot be constrained by schedules!

I have heard that the real thing will be rolled out starting 12/1/13 so you may be roped into it anyways
    I guess you could choose not to use the fast pass plus but then you wouldn't be able to access the fast pass service.

17 days!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the days when you would just take the park as it comes to you? Maybe hit bigger attractions first, but for the most part you just walked and did what came your way? At least, that's how we did Disney when I was a small kid. It took us all day (with a nap in the middle of the day), but we did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    Remember the days when you would just take the park as it comes to you? Maybe hit bigger attractions first, but for the most part you just walked and did what came your way? At least, that's how we did Disney when I was a small kid. It took us all day (with a nap in the middle of the day), but we did it.
    That's pretty much how I do it now. Granted, I travel during "off" times, so crowds are generally lower.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post

Fp+ is a fantastic planning tool.
    I would suggest learning about it.
    Its not mandatory....but it is a big benefit to use it if available....

Opus X Guest

This is done every time we go!
    Of course we use fast pass if needed and WILL certainly use FP+...but folks that know to go during slow times....Have the exact experience you just described.
    Alot of folks foolishly think they can go during the busy times....and take it easy...LOL
    Its all about planning.
    I hope alot of folks DONT use FP+. It will free up the fun for the rest!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    You are correct, it is not "mandatory". It just becomes necessary if you want to do certain things. For example, ADRs are not mandatory, but I will never try O'hanas (or any of the more popular resturaunts) because I never book a trip to WDW greater than 90 days out (even then it's subject to change).
    I'm not complaining, just stating an example. Which (I think) is along the lines of the OP frustration.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

OpusX and PopPhan, I'm happy to here Disney can be a "normal" experience. We usually travel during off times too, so we're able to experience the relaxing versions of a Disney vacation. Glad to hear we're not the only ones. That should be an ICOT Meet Up. HAHA.

Opus X Guest

OpusX and PopPhan, I'm happy to here Disney can be a "normal" experience. We usually travel during off times too, so we're able to experience the relaxing versions of a Disney vacation. Glad to hear we're not the only ones. That should be an ICOT Meet Up. HAHA.
    Yep WDW can be a "PERFECT" vacation...all one needs to do is PLAN. Sure, there may be a half hour wait for an attraction...but thats usually the max..And yes, one will still want a fast pass here and there...but, WDW..along with good planning is fantastic!
    About the "slow times meet"GREAT idea.....no debbie downers allowed...

Post Thanks / Like

About the "slow times meet"GREAT idea.....no debbie downers allowed...

Post Thanks / Like

We have booked our fastpass+ however are taking them with a grain of salt. Like the above posters, we go in the slow times so we can walk on to almost everything. But it is nice to know we won't have to run to TSM or Peter Pan since it will be our 2yr old DD first trip. We'll try it, and if we don't like it we'll just continue to go during the slow times...
    June 2003 Offsite Condo
    June 2004 Caribbean Beach
    June 2005 Honeymoon POFQ
    January 2006 POP
    August 2006 CBR Trip with the In-laws
    September 2007 AKL
    March 2009 & 2010 POFQ
    November 2010 POFQ
    November 2012 POR
    November 2013 POFQ Family Reunion
    January 2015 POR
    January 2016 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. And families actually talked with each other when waiting 60 minutes to ride POTC. Now they are all on their smartphones.

I remember waiting for 45 minutes to ride Rio del Tiempo in Mexico at Epcot back in the summer of 1986. As the Grumpy Old man from SNL would say, "And we liked it!"

Now, disney has to create an interactive queue if the line is more than 30 minutes.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

....FP+ is Disney putting Mouse-cuffs on you to commit to being in a park for a given length of time so that you can spend more. Period.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that the new Fastpass+ system will tend to give a serious disadvantage to those that do not own smartphones, those that own them but really use them mainly as phones.... not handheld computers, and those who are less "computer savvy" in general.

For the visitor that does not spend lots of time on places like this board or on the Disney websites, they are left out in the cold if this takes off. Seems sad to me.

At least with the old system, if you could physically walk up to the Fastpass machine..... you could get a pass easily. When the old system is fully phased out....... it is going to likely be more difficult for those folks.

best,

........john

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    It seems to me that the new Fastpass+ system will tend to give a serious disadvantage to those that do not own smartphones, those that own them but really use them mainly as phones.... not handheld computers, and those who are less "computer savvy" in general.

For the visitor that does not spend lots of time on places like this board or on the Disney websites, they are left out in the cold if this takes off. Seems sad to me.

At least with the old system, if you could physically walk up to the Fastpass machine..... you could get a pass easily. When the old system is fully phased out....... it is going to likely be more difficult for those folks.

best,

........john
    But...like with the wagon wheel......Time and technology move on and the wagon wheel is needed no more....... And, if someone is still in that cave and without a smart phone...well, thats not WDW's problem.
    F.P. + is ging to be a great thing.
    We are really looking forward to it.
    It will all be fine in the end...I could only imagine what the forums would have been like when we were planning on putting a man on the moon....LOL
    Thank goodness there was no internet then...the debbie downers would have expected failure for sure....

Post Thanks / Like

I can see positives and negatives to fastpass+, and I am withholding final judgment until I try it out for myself. I am disappointed, however, by the fact that you are only allowed passes in one park per day. We often park hop. I often also use more than three fastpasses per day under the current system and will miss the opportunity to do that. But like I said, willing to withhold judgment overall until I've had a chance to use it myself.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post

At least with the old system, if you could physically walk up to the Fastpass machine..... you could get a pass easily. When the old system is fully phased out....... it is going to likely be more difficult for those folks
    It is my understanding that there will be fastpass+ kiosks in each park to allow people to make same day reservations. It won't be as easy and accessible as those planning in advance or those with smart phones, but they'll be at least something.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: