Quantcast Episode 56 - Go To Disneyland! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Because I listen to a couple of daily podcasts, I'm usually behind on the Intercot one, and rarely get to comment because so much time has gone by ... I'm usually 2 or 3 episodes behind. I've actually caught up for a change.

I really enjoyed listening to Christine talk about her first trip to Disneyland. Growing up in AZ, and now living in CA, Disneyland has always been my home resort. While I enjoy WDW, and have been many times, it is not quite the same.

My favorite thing to do is to take friends, or family around Disneyland and CA Adventure on their very first visit. For me, it is like seeing the park for the first time myself, and I get just as excited.

Earlier this year I did it with one of our Japanese host students who has been to Tokyo Disneyland, but was getting her first visit of Disneyland and the new Cars Land. She loved it. I think she visited 3 times during her stay with us.

There are so many special details and touches in Disneyland, that are just missing from WDW. In addition to being Walt's park, I think Disneyland being the home park to the Disney executives and Imagineering has a lot to do with that as well.

Anytime I see post on how amazing Wishes is, I know that is probably someone who has never seen a firework show at Disneyland. There are other examples too of where Disneyland just outshines WDW in execution of entertainment ... Now if only we had an Epcot here in CA.

Definitely a trip I would recommend to anyone who has only been to WDW. I've always gone to Disneyland a lot, but now that my son is four year old, it easier to make a visit almost every week.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post

Anytime I see post on how amazing Wishes is, I know that is probably someone who has never seen a firework show at Disneyland. There are other examples too of where Disneyland just outshines WDW in execution of entertainment ... Now if only we had an Epcot here in CA.
    Bingo, on both of these statements! I'm totally with you on DL outshine WDW in entertainment across the board, but seeing the fireworks in August really reminded me of that again. I mean, Dumbo flies!

Ah yes, an Epcot in CA. The perfect Disney resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Default well done!

greetings!!

For the first time in my 42 yo life, I think I want to go to Disneyland. I was actually WDW as a 9 month old baby the day before it opened to the public. My dad worked there and the employees got to bring in families... so, I have always felt this loyalty (which is one reason that I don't go to Disneyland Paris even tho I am only 3 hours away!)

BUT! after listening to Carol and Michael and Christine the last few podcasts rave about Carsland and several other things, I don't feel like I would be a "traitor" anymore - isn't that silly!?!?

LOVE the new "TakeIt or LeaveIt" theme song. Brilliant in its simplicity. Kudos!!

I have some other thoughts about "segment" ideas. Bring in the guests!!

The segment with MariaK talking about her MagicBands was great. Troll the TripReports for other unique (or not!?) experiences by Intercotees and get them to share - I LOVE listening to other people's stories! *I liked Christine's Treehouse Villas with all girls story*

How about someone who is really a Food &Wine fan? Someone on Intercot turned me on to the D*FoodBlog - someone from there could be a great guest. -someone with some expertise in these areas. The Garden one too...?

How about a regular segment on a restaurant review?

How about a regular segment by Magical Journeys? A view on what is coming or tips on planning? or a "Did you Know....?" segment?

How about "Intercotee Tips?" You could pre-record Intercotees doing a 20 - 30 second "tip" that they have for packing, room selection, etc.

How about interviews with the locals that work in the Epcot pavilions - how they find the experience, etc... or former Disney-internship kids?

How about hearing from an avid Disney-fan that lives in Switzerland and loves to listen to Icot podcasts while she is travelling next to smelly business people on a Friday night flight - home? (seriously people - you need a clean shirt for EVERY day that you are gone from home!) ...and her Tampa-based sister!

...just some ideas!
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

...and we're checking in on Oct 23rd!!

The Ladies only - no kids or hubbies.

YEE-HAW!!

Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

or what about a segment on DVC? I have thought on/off about buying in for the last 15 years. I still haven't done it. Probably won't - but I find it interesting to listen to....

Everytime someone talks about it, my ears perk up...

maybe you could run thru a different example of why someone would or would not choose to buy... or rent.... ? *So far, renting the points has worked great for us!

Post Thanks / Like

How about Tikiman as a guest?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoodies

Just put on a new hoodie which reminded me of John's sock thing. I just want to go on record with my vote for new hoodies! Soft socks every day would be good. But I just love a new hoodie....all soft inside before they get washed!!! Ahhhhhhh
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Take it or leave it: leave it.

Good job on the theme song!
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

John - the sock thing... I GET IT. I spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours a day in the gym weight training and I would give my right bicep to have NEW SOCKS EVERY MORNING. lol Good new socks can be like literally putting on small comfy slippers every time!

Shame on people who don't get it. That is all.

steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Bad At All!

Per the technical difficulties of DL'ing the podcasts I finally got thru this one. "stupid-iTunes!"

mariak - great report. Nice visit to the podcast! We go May2014 and - well guess we'll see if DW and I like the bands or not. You put a great deal of time in your trip with the bands - from what I heard. As CW stated...I'M ON VACATION!!! I doubt I'll take screen shots of my reservations...but nice touch. I will miss the ease of the paper FP! We never abused it but really liked it.

JY - socks...REALLY? OK... How about this twist...go buy 50 pairs of the SAME white and black types socks. AND get rid of all your OTHER socks. This way...no more need to spend time PAIRING them up or ending up with an orphan who's mate is gone! Since they will all NOW match just grab 2 and go! I just saved you time while you bask in the comfort of NEW socks!!! LOL

Carol - WOW nice SLAPSHOTS!!! Did you leave any marks?!?! Great comments and FAST!!! But I still have no real desire to visit DL as of yet. Maybe someday. The travel involved to go west, been in LA before and didn't care much for any of it. I'd rather take another DCL trip in the same year vs. the cash for a west coast DL trip. I just have a bad feeling I'd be let down and feel cramped. "layering" - ummmm...no space IMO. I will say CARS LAND does sound very KEWL! Just'sayn...

Take it or leave it... LEAVE IT! DW and I spend like NO time in our resort room. CW you should have had a stroller years back! LOL We have no qualms about walking. YES you will WALK all day at any park. We use the room for down time and yes to sleep and freshen up and that's about it. I like JY's comment...but I'll take merchandise instead or an extra day or 2 for the vacation vs. the extra out-laying of cash for a fancy view in the same resort. Now a BUMP in resort - that's different but not the same as preferred rooms.

All in all great podcast. Theme song...nice effort...but not enough to make me hum or whistle it all day.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

PS. My socks already are 90% the same....
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    PS. My socks already are 90% the same....
    Learned well you have...YESSSS!

LOL

Keep up the great work! Really enjoy learning about the new things and happenings at the WORLD and LAND thru all YOUR experiences - that includes the whole PODCAST CREW and the TWITTERS now too!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Post Thanks / Like

From GMRO :" But I still have no real desire to visit DL as of yet. Maybe someday. The travel involved to go west, been in LA before and didn't care much for any of it. I'd rather take another DCL trip in the same year vs. the cash for a west coast DL trip. I just have a bad feeling I'd be let down and feel cramped. "layering" - ummmm...no space IMO."

You know how much I love WDW & DCL!! I assure you Disneyland does not disappoint! I went out there to get my coast to coast and see the cute little original park just to say I've done it.
    But once I got out there--- oh my goodness! It's a whole different world - er- LAND! I cannot express how well done Disneyland is- it is so detailed, so ornate, so charming, so relaxed! It's so worth the trip and then some. We are adding it to our Disney destinations for sure!! I'm headed back in January and again in August and I'm already counting down the days!! You and I tend to see eye to eye on most things Disney- trust me!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    From GMRO :" But I still have no real desire to visit DL as of yet. Maybe someday. The travel involved to go west, been in LA before and didn't care much for any of it. I'd rather take another DCL trip in the same year vs. the cash for a west coast DL trip. I just have a bad feeling I'd be let down and feel cramped. "layering" - ummmm...no space IMO."

You know how much I love WDW & DCL!! I assure you Disneyland does not disappoint! I went out there to get my coast to coast and see the cute little original park just to say I've done it.
    But once I got out there--- oh my goodness! It's a whole different world - er- LAND! I cannot express how well done Disneyland is- it is so detailed, so ornate, so charming, so relaxed! It's so worth the trip and then some. We are adding it to our Disney destinations for sure!! I'm headed back in January and again in August and I'm already counting down the days!! You and I tend to see eye to eye on most things Disney- trust me!
    Thanks CW! DW has said a few times she'd like us to take that trip. MaaYYbEE...someday. I've read your tweets and heard your excitement on the last 2 podcasts about DL. And NOT STOCKING YOU...but I did notice that you ARE HEADED BACK TO DL!!! Could be a trip in DW and my future. BUT I think I may want to get my DCL Alaska trip in first...

I will be following along per the tweets about your next few trips to DL etc. Was nice to see MB's trip this past week/end with the gals too. Neat pics. WHAT AN ABUSE OF TECHNOLOGY!

THANK YOU!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Post Thanks / Like

Default On a mission

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    Thanks CW! DW has said a few times she'd like us to take that trip. MaaYYbEE...someday. I've read your tweets and heard your excitement on the last 2 podcasts about DL. And NOT STOCKING YOU...but I did notice that you ARE HEADED BACK TO DL!!! Could be a trip in DW and my future. BUT I think I may want to get my DCL Alaska trip in first...

I will be following along per the tweets about your next few trips to DL etc. Was nice to see MB's trip this past week/end with the gals too. Neat pics. WHAT AN ABUSE OF TECHNOLOGY!

THANK YOU!
    I think the next DisneyLand marathon would be a perfect opportunity to hit the other side of the country. Also... I've been checking out INTERCOT's twitter feed and I'm so into the holiday stuff, I just have to get there next year.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

1st star to the right and straight on till morning
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, by the date of this reply, you can really tell how far behind I am. Oh, and I hope a new one is coming quickly, but Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to all!

Labyrinth
    - I liked "Labyrinth" and "The Dark Crystal"!
    - I read Jim Henson's biography by Brian Jay Jones. Recommended!

RFID Bands.
    - As Christine said, not having your key and wallet all the time would be great. But Like John, I wonder am I going to need a laptop or mobile device and use a spreadsheet to figure out where I need to be? I don't want to plan every last minute either.

Take it or Leave it suggestion.
    - Now that interactive queues have been out for a while, why not a Take it or leave it segment on those?
    Mark M :-)
    May 1979 - Honeymoon
    Jan 1993 - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins...
    Jun 2001 - Me, Wife, Kids
    "My one wish, is that in 100 years there'll be a child, hiding under their covers with a flashlight, reading a copy of the Martian Chronicles, on the Red Planet" - Ray Bradbury, 8/22/1920 - 6/6/2012.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a new episode... stat!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I am going through withdrawal!