Quantcast Late June vs Late August trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late June vs Late August trip

Considering going next year either last week of June or last week of August (including Labor Day week). Wondering if anyone had thoughts on pros and cons of each week and what they would pick. Thanks.
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week of June crowds will be a good bit higher. Average weather - heat/humidity - will be about the same. Late August is peak hurricane season where June is not. Discounts are much more likely for late Aug.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Never been in late June but went in late Aug 2008. Assuming bigger crowds in late June and similar weather to Aug, late August is a better choice. I plan my Disney vacations based on crowds so late August is fine with me. Late August has
    manageable crowds at parks except for the waterparks which were crowded (I am not much of waterpark person so it doesnt bug me). It is very hot and humid. Thank god for the abundance of indoor attractions with AC. It maybe too hot to do attractions and shows like Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Lights Motors Actions. Even Animal Kingdom maybe too hot to visit since there are lack of indoor attractions. There is a chance everyday of a quick thunderstorm that can be severe. Although its doesnt happen every year, Late Aug is hurricane season in FL.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

We went the last week of June this year. The crowds were deceptively small the first 2 days then exploded but we were still able to get things done without issue. The weather was hot and humid with a couple of rainy days - not that 20 minute daily downpour but more like hours long monsoons that would stop then restart. The Brazilian tour groups were just starting to move in.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Opus X Guest

August is great..the later the BETTER. But, YES its HOT..but hey its Florida.
    Lines will always be less in August. Especially..LATE August.
    If we didnt go in Early May, Late august is when we would go.

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone the last week and June and the last week in August for both 2012 and 2013. I would rank the crowds in June about and 8 and August about a 3.

In 2012, June was the dryer of the two trips. This year August was dryer, it was also the first year we did not have a hurricane threat.

Due to the lower crowds, August also had more ride closures. Something you may consider.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My number one goal is to avoid crowds. I do not want to spend my money to stand in line in the heat. We did one trip in the last week of June and will never do it again. It was mobbed. August was great, lite crowds. Add to that there seems to be better deals for end of Aug. Look at my signature. I walk the talk. Example: June splash mountain 90+ minute wait - Less than 30 in late august. But people are starting to catch on I think.
    Ralph
    1996: CB (Oct)
    1997: PO (Sept)
    1998: PO (Sept)
    1999: Poly/BC (Aug)
    2000: PO/BC (Sept)
    2001: BC (Aug)
    2002: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Aug)
    2004: BC (Dec)
    2005: BC (June)
    2006: BC (Aug)
    2008: YC (Aug)
    2012: YC (Sept)
    2013: BC (Sept)
    2014: YC (Sept)
    2015: YC (Sept)
    2017: YC (Sept)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RALPH View Post
    But people are starting to catch on I think.
    This has been true for a few years now but there are still times that are much less crowded than others. However, you often make other concessions like more attractions that are closed or shorter park hours. But sometimes you do get better deals so everyone has to decide what's more important to them and compromise somewhere, whether that's park hours, crowds, money, or weather.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

,,,,just came back from our "late August" trip (8/24 to 9/2) ...and the crowds were a bit lower, particularly mid-week (schools are back in session already in Fla ...so less day-trippers).

...it's more humid ...and it will be hot. Definitely expect a t-storm each day between 3pm and 7pm.

....and expect a few rides being refurb'd ....but not necessarily all being major overhauls (happened to us with Spaceship Earth's minor rehab ...but it re-opened mid-trip ...so we had 5 days of getting to go on). I guess that they schedule them at this time because it's lower crowd load and they feel that those that are there ...really don't deserve to have a full compliment of attractions?
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP