Quantcast Episode 55 - And We're Out Of Ideas - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjm View Post
    intercot insider #55

Gary - pieced together Walt voice for Mickey
    I see where Gary's coming from. This could be the worst idea ever. I'll just take Michael's word for the short and reserve judgement until I see it for myself.
    For me it's nice that it's Walt's voice, but it's not something Walt actually personally did. It's like when the Beatles added a backing track to a John Lennon demo. Were all four Beatles involved in some way? Yes. But since one member was dead and didn't intend for his recording to be used like that...well...it's a gimmick.

Don't get me wrong. Disney's connection to its history is vital to the company and is the very life's blood of what keeps us in love with it. But, in a way, no matter how well it is done, Walt's been dead for nearly 50 years. I'd rather seen him treated with honor, not as a bunch of wave forms that can be manipulated into a short.

But that's just me. I'm bitter about everything lately. I don't know why. I'm just in a cranky old man mood these days. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by dpamac; 09-16-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Get off my lawn.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default just wanted to say....

I've been gone for awhile after planning an epic 40th bday party at Disney for my sister this time last year. (It totally rocked - many thanks to so many here who helped with ideas!)

I got some bad news on the trip (thought I was getting laid off) and then life takes over...and I somehow, I couldn't get back on Intercot.

Now.. All ok on the work front and Nikki and I are planning her 41st bday trip now (we arrive on Oct 23!)...so, we're back.

I'm catching up on all the podcasts and just finished listening to the 15th anniversary one from the Contemporary.... a few times. I am laughing and crying and so wishing that we could have been there.... we were thiiiiiiis close - it just didn't work. The podcasts are such great company when I have some spare moments to myself when travelling- mainly while flying. I live in Europe (afraid to say I am not a Disneyland Paris fan - sorry Melanie!) and sometimes... I just need some of my favorite Disney Americana!!! Thank you Intercot.

John made a comment about why he loves Icot - he talked about the people. While corny enough - I know it is true. Nikki and I were born Yankees (CT) but grew up all over FL and Colorado. We also lived several years as adults in the Midwest - including 4 years in STL!

So, for Nikki and I, the "people magic" is you guys - when I listen to all of you, I can relate to each of you in some way. You are all different but linked and connected in some way. The collective charisma and honest energy IS unique and IS fun to listen to.... and **** (!!), we will have to plan for the 17 1/2 (?) or 20th anniversary meet - fer sure!!!

... or it would just be terrrble.

- Carolyn
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Carolyn & Nikki.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carol!!

Carolyn
    Carolyn & Nikki - Two sisters whose first visit was the day before the Magic began...and have been hooked ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally finishing listening. The Eat to the Beat segment is hilarious and one of my favorite things about the podcast! By the way, Under the Table and Dreaming is the album by Dave Matthews Band.

I'll take it for Holidays at the parks, anything from Halloween to Christmas/New Years is awesome and I think there is enough to see resort wide that you can be strategic about using EMH or resort hopping to manage crowds.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story

Want to thank Gary for mentioning this documentary. Just got from Netflix and it was awesome. So many stories. Everyone should watch.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

yes - Thanks Gary! I also just rented the Sherman Brothers documentary - it was great. fascinating. an awesome Sat afternoon diversion while the kids were napping!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas!?

so... a few ideas for your podcasts...

- people submit their pre-trip demographics and you guys chime in with your experience and ideas.

ex: we are a family of 4 who hasn't been to Disney in 4 years. We are bringing my 80 yr old mother and our kids are 4 and 10. Our budget is a Value resort and we are planning on going in April for 3 days. What would you recommend?

Then you guys debate your ideas, etc. *of course the boards already offer this but it is fun to listen to you guys talk about your ideas/views.

- have guest podcast contributors/interviews. Maybe mods who have just visited or could speak on their "specialty"? Maybe ICOT members who are current or former cast members? Maybe someone from Disney who has unique experience to share? One idea comes to mind - cakes. When I was planning Nikki's big 40th birthday, I spent hours planning her cake (yes, I have a problem). Chef Brian (at the Contemporary) is "famous" for doing amazing cakes and could come on to talk about options and best ways to achieve what you want. He is very friendly and has a bit of an internet presence it seems.

Take it or Leave it:
    - Bus Service
    - overpriced dinner shows
    - water parks
    - cast member bad attitude - rise above it or let them have it?

max time you would stand in line for a ride your kid was dying to go on.

Post Thanks / Like

Great podcast as usual!

Although I think Michaels, "You can Keep them apples!" Should have been the title. Seriously Michael - when you are on the podcast I know I can't listen at work due to laughing out loud.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

ALSO - THANKS GUYS! We did find the Disney: The Music Behind The Magic 2 DSK Set based on I think Gary's mention in this podcast. Least I think it was this podcast...

ANYWAY - the CD is great! Very neat to have the songs as sung by the artists from many of the movies and shows associated with Disney. We found it on e-bay, thanks Ian, and got a brand new unopened, sealed set, for a STEAL!

All ripped onto our iDevices and listening to them now!

Thanks for the tip on this set! Good Disney music and Theme Park music is very hard to come by. This pack makes our 3rd. We have WISHES and the 2 Dsk set put out a few years ago that features the park music. WAY KEWL!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Want to thank Gary for mentioning this documentary. Just got from Netflix and it was awesome. So many stories. Everyone should watch.
    We also did the same. Now I can't wait to see the Tom/Emma movie about the making of Mary Poppins.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys are finding the CDs and the Sherman Bros. movie. They both are really great.

Now if you want to see and amazing Disney-related documentary (only if you're willing to cry giant tears though) find Frank & Ollie. It's amazing.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kleenex ready

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Glad you guys are finding the CDs and the Sherman Bros. movie. They both are really great.

Now if you want to see and amazing Disney-related documentary (only if you're willing to cry giant tears though) find Frank & Ollie. It's amazing.
    I cry every time I see A Man and His Dream. I'll have Kleenex ready
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09