Quantcast MNSSHP Opinion - Full Day at Magic Kingdom.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP Opinion - Full Day at Magic Kingdom.

We will be attending the Halloween party on 9/24/13. We only have one day scheduled for the Disney area.

Does it make sense to also purchase a full day ticket for the Magic Kingdom?

I'm thinking if we did that, we would be able to enjoy the party more since we will have finished getting on all the rides.

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How much stamina do you have? Will everyone be able to run a full day and night without getting cranky and still be able to enjoy it?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good point. Do you think we will be able to get on a lot of rides during the party?

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, I have been able to do more rides during the party than during the day, especially since we don't have little ones. We skip the first parade and use the time to ride the rides. The second parade is usually less crowded anyway.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

When we have done MNSSHP in the past, we used that as our MK day. We got in at 4pm, rode plenty of rides, trick or treated, saw the parade and fireworks.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's all up to your stamina. To each their own.

We took my parents (then in their 70's) to Epcot for the day, planning to have them back to the resort for a nap around dinner, then do the party. They were having none of that! We left the resort at 9am that morning, had dinner at Epcot, monorailed over to MK for the party and got back to the resort at 2am!! They loved it!

And at the parade last year, we found that both parades had ridiculous crowds. People from the first parade never left their spots. Was a bit of a bummer because we ended up staking a spot to see the parade long before we wanted to and missed some rides and other stuff.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    People from the first parade never left their spots.
    Whenever I think people couldn't get any more inconsiderate, I'm surprised again.

As to the OP, you didn't mention $$, but if I were going to make it that expensive of a day, I'd get there as soon as park opening to get my money's worth. (You definitely get more rides in in those first few hours than any other time of day).

Then the stamina thing comes into play, but you have a little more than a month to train and get those feet in shape!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wetoofun View Post
    That is a good point. Do you think we will be able to get on a lot of rides during the party?
    Keep im mind, too, that the party is a separate ticket. $170 *per person* for one day, one park?

Just something to think about...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everyone's opinions. It will come down to money and stamina.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Keep im mind, too, that the party is a separate ticket. $170 *per person* for one day, one park?

Just something to think about...
    Agreed. I wouldn't spend all day (and night) in MK when you can get most of the rides done during the party. If anything, I would choose a different park for during the day and then hit the party at night. Have fun!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on what your goals for MNSSHP are.

For my family , meeting characters, watching the parades and fireworks,and trick or treating takes up a big part of the night. We do go on rides but it is not the focus.

If rides is your focus going the whole day will certainly give you time.The morning/ early afternoon hours on a party day are usually less crowded than a regular day.

But as Main Street Jim mentioned it is quite expensive to do both. We are probably doing both when we go but I'm a pass holder so it doesn't cost me to go during the regular hours and we are staying on site so it will be easy to take a break if we need.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We have done it twice, and loved it. But were exhausted at the end of the party. We use the party nights as our MK "day". I can't imagine going all day and all night too. We rest up the day of, then head out around 3:30 to get to the park. I find for both MNSSHP and MVMCP we have always been able to do everything we want...ride all the rides, do the parades, fireworks, dance parties, and still have time left at the end. But we've been going for over 30 years, so I guess it does depend on how often you go and the pace you like to set. I loved it, and can't wait for our next one.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

love the Halloween parade. It is one of the Best!
    You have to get a place very early before the parade or you will not get to see it. We always
    watch the second parade as it is less crowded.
    We always get a spot then get something to eat to past the time. Sometimes we get one or two in our group to stake out a place and stay with it while some of the others are riding the rides.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everyone's opinions. It will come down to money and stamina.
    Here's the thing.

You can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with *just* your party tickets, although "official" party festivities kick off at 7:00. You'll get a wristband for the party, so when it closes to the "day guests", you'll be able to stay in the park just by showing your wristband.

From 4:00 until 7:00, that's the time to hit stuff that won't be open during the party - Country Bears, Tiki Room, CoP, etc. You should have plenty of time to do those.

The first parade, I believe, is at 8:00ish - 8:30ish, but, it's usually pretty crowded. Good time to hit one or two of the bigger attractions, like Splash or Space Mountains. Fireworks are at, what, 9:30ish, so you'll want to be somewhere near the center of the park to see the whole show. Then, grab a nearby spot for the second parade. After that second parade, then hit your favorite rides until the park closes at midnight.

Throughout the night, hit the twelve or thirteen trick-or-treating locations, and meet 'n greet characters all over the park that aren't normally out - like a LOT of the Villains.

Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

We went into MK early last year on the day of our party and stayed all day; it was just a bit too much for me. I ususally have a lot of energy, but walking around all day and then staying for the party...well, I was on overload.

Another thing to think about is what all you plan to do at the party. If you spend time getting treats, watching parades (which you don't want to miss), meeting special characters that only come out for the parties, and doing some of the special events you really won't have much time for rides. Also, only a certain number of rides are operational during the parties.

If you spend the whole day at MK (like we did) I would suggest that you take some break times just to rest up for the evening party hours.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We used to do this but ended up getting bored being at MK all day long so we now go to another park, water park, or downtown Disney during the day have a nice TS meal around 5 then enter the park & its much more enjoyable for us
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think the MNSSHP is probably enough. We used it as our MK park day and were satisfied. We skipped most of the character interactions but did so some Trick or Treating. Most of the rides had little or no wait times and we primarily focused on the rides. It was my MILs one and only trip to the Magic Kingdom.

We saw the second parade and did not have a problem getting a place to watch. I think we sat near the entrance of what used to be the Diamond Horseshoe.

If you do decide to forgo buying regular park tickets you can get in as early as 4:00. Make sure to ride the rides that are closed during the MNSSHP.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We will be attending the Halloween party on 9/24/13. We only have one day scheduled for the Disney area.

Does it make sense to also purchase a full day ticket for the Magic Kingdom?

I'm thinking if we did that, we would be able to enjoy the party more since we will have finished getting on all the rides.

Thanks!
    I did this the first year, one it made for a long day, two it will be expensive for the day ticket and the party ticket , lucky that we were staying on property because we slept in to 2 pm that day after that we just hung out at the pool. the party hour time you enough time. only so many ticket are sold

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: