Quantcast Starbucks.....what a joke!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starbucks.....what a joke!

Starbucks on Main street USA....what a joke!!!

I was very disappointed to actually see a Starbucks cafe end up on Main Street.

No more sticky buns, no more authentic baked items.....

Place was empty when it should be dishing out a whole lot of baked goods....

It's one thing to serve Starbucks coffee, its another to put a Starbucks outfitted cafe on main.

Keep it authentic and keep the commercial idiots off main...

Didn't you learn from the McDonald's you tried putting in frontier land..........failure!!!!!!
    '82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starbucks is a perfect corporate partner for Main Street

Partners is how the Disney corporation grows and pleases more and more guests... Just like Edy's
    Ice cream, or coke product or even the lettuce in my salad! I applaud disney for this decision!

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose they are saying they liked the previous operation better. No harm in that. Partnering up is good to the extent that it makes things better. Not so much when it is perceived as a step backwards.

I dislike the idea mainly because Starbucks are so prevalent. It would be nice to have an experience at WDW that I could not already have in my rural community.

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the one at Disneyland and sure to like the one at WDW as well.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Micheal Mouse. I wouldn't mind that they sell Starbuck's, but I still like the original set up that Walt designed!! I feel that they are going away from what Walt would of wanted. I am still upset about alcohol in Walt Disney World!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Partners not the problem.

Partners like coke and edys and even Starbucks is fine. However, that is not what was done here.

Starbucks placed a full outfitted cafe in place of the Main street Bakery.

When I walk into Casey's, I feel like I'm in an authentic hot dog shop.....not a Coca-Cola factory.

When I'm in the ice cream parlor, I feel like I'm in an authentic yesteryear ice cream shop.....

When I'm now in Starbucks, I feel like I'm in any of the 10,000 locations in any big city Starbucks.

That is not the theme main street is about......
    '82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMouse View Post

Didn't you learn from the McDonald's you tried putting in frontier land..........failure!!!!!!
    The Frontierland McDonald's fry wagon was not a failure.

It didn't close due to lack of business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    LOVE the one at Disneyland and sure to like the one at WDW as well.
    Absolutely. It's well themed and very welcomed by me.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and this is the very first report I've heard that the place was 'empty.'

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that it's themed well! Main St. Bakery was never a regular stop for us, but we all want MS to retain it's charm. I feel bad for those who had favorites here that they won't be able to get now. You would think that WDW could have served Starbucks coffee there, but still offered the same baked items?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with OP! If the just served Starbucks coffee, but kept the same charm of the bakery and the baked goods, that seems like a good compromise. I look out my window at work everyday and see a starbucks across the street. I do not want to see that at WDW-an escape from daily life for many of us....serve the product, but don't change the charm.
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

While I like the old Main Street bakery, it was my opinion that over the past several years, it wasn't unique and original anymore - like the rest of Disney World, they slowly started serving stuff you could get anywhere. I liked the Starbucks - it was very well done and fit right in with the rest of the Main Street décor. By the way, right on the same street, Arribas brothers and Edy's ice cream sponsor stores.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I love me some coffee, so I'm okay with it Although Starbucks is a little strong for me.
    I just keep reading these threads about people not liking changes and I think there may be something wrong with me. It just doesn't bother me to see change. Heck, I'm I'm just happy to go and be there
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the Main Street Bakery stopped being "good" about 10 years ago, so I couldn't care less that it's now a Starbucks. Haven't bought anything at that location in many years and that trend will continue since I no longer drink coffee.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMouse View Post
    Partners like coke and edys and even Starbucks is fine. However, that is not what was done here.

Starbucks placed a full outfitted cafe in place of the Main street Bakery.

When I walk into Casey's, I feel like I'm in an authentic hot dog shop.....not a Coca-Cola factory.

When I'm in the ice cream parlor, I feel like I'm in an authentic yesteryear ice cream shop.....

When I'm now in Starbucks, I feel like I'm in any of the 10,000 locations in any big city Starbucks.

That is not the theme main street is about......
    Amen. But so many these days don't care about theme, or atmosphere. They must have wifi, starbucks, and be entertained every second by something. I'm not that old, but I remember when you stood in line with no distractions/entertainment, had to wait in line without the option of cutting, and all food was mostly generic fare. I do miss when the candy and stuff was made there, not just some packaged junk, etc. Something special.

Opus X Guest

Completely disagree with the OP
    Starbucks...we love it at WDW. Used it everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Main Street was themed to the turn of the 20th century.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Was the bakery even sending out fresh baked items before it closed? I remember eating a pastry there and it was definitely not fresh, and that turned me off from any future visits. I'll be there in November and I am looking forward to the new addition even though I am not a Starbucks consumer. Also, wasn't the original main street occupied by a few different 3rd party companies?
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear88 View Post
    I agree with Micheal Mouse. I wouldn't mind that they sell Starbuck's, but I still like the original set up that Walt designed!! I feel that they are going away from what Walt would of wanted. I am still upset about alcohol in Walt Disney World!!
    This leaves us with a couple if possibilities. Either Walt designed it to be a Sara Lee's (the first sponsor) or Walt had no hand in the original design. He died before MK was designed.

If we go back to what Walt did design, DLs Main Street, then we still have a problem. Walt had all kinds of partnerships and sponsors from day one at DL. They were a part of his business plan. The only thing he insisted on, and the company still does, is that they theming fits the area. And it does.

The bakery has been sponsored in the past and will be in the future. This issue has been to death and then pulverized. Time for everyone to let it go cause Walt's own behavior says he'd have sponsors, and Starbucks is there and will be for some time.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I thought Main Street was themed to the turn of the 20th century.
    Only sort of. It's an amalgamation of many main streets and has always had sponsors who aren't necessarily from that era. But even so, the Bakery has maintained a period facade and the CMs wear period costume. Nothing changed there.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: